Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2019, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I spent 4 years, from when it was first released on VHS in 87 to 91 when I finally saw it, thinking RoboCop was coloured bronze/orange because of that cover, was a bit of a shock when this turned out not to be true when me and my mate sneakily watched his older brothers VHS during the school holidays
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th August 2019, 07:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Default Robocop

Whilst I don't really have a problem with Arrow, or indeed any other label, releasing whatever titles they choose, I don't really see the point in another release of Robocop. The MGM/Fox remastered Blu-ray release looks fantastic and I seem to recall that it has quite a number of good bonus features.
Old 30th August 2019, 02:08 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Limited Edition)

Release date: November 25th, 2019

Flashback to Gilliam and Thompson’s trip of a lifetime in an exclusive 4K restoration

"Considered unfilmable for decades, Hunter S. Thompson s literary landmark of psychedelic excess finally met its cinematic match in anarchic visionary director Terry Gilliam (Twelve Monkeys) and two no-holds-barred star performances by Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro.

Raoul Duke (Depp) and his volatile Samoan attorney Dr. Gonzo (del Toro) are en route to Las Vegas, ostensibly on a banal journalistic assignment, but the suitcase full of psychoactive narcotics in their possession tells another story. Beset by bats, horny lizards and runaway hotel carpet upon their arrival, the pair plunge deeper into the pharmaceutically enhanced neon underbelly of the City of Sin on a chemically charged savage journey to the heart of the American Dream.

Flashback to Gilliam and Thompson s trip of a lifetime in an exclusive 4K restoration, accompanied by an outstanding selection of bonus material delving into the history of the film and the original book."

2-DISC LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY CONTENTS
  • Two-disc edition featuring Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas in a new 4K restoration, and the documentary For No Good Reason about illustrator Ralph Steadman, featuring Terry Gilliam and Johnny Depp
  • Limited edition packaging featuring iconic original art by Ralph Steadman
  • Limited edition hardbound book featuring new writing by Roger Keen, an essay on Thompson on Film by Dr William Stephenson, a 1999 interview with Terry Gilliam by Ian Christie and original production notes
  • Six collectors postcards
  • Double-sided fold-out poster of the original theatrical one-sheet and a sketch by Terry Gilliam

DISC ONE FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
  • Brand new 4K restoration by Arrow Films from the original negative supervised by Terry Gilliam
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • New commentary by Terry Gilliam, moderated by Phil Stubbs
  • New interview with producer Laila Nabulsi
  • New interview with cinematographer Nicola Pecorini
  • Newly filmed appreciation by Ian Christie, author of Gilliam on Gilliam
  • More new extras in production and TBC at a later date!
  • Four deleted scenes with new optional commentary by Gilliam, including the excised prologue A Dress Pattern
  • Spotlight on Location, an original promotional featurette featuring interviews with Gilliam, Depp and del Toro
  • Behind the scenes B-roll footage and additional EPK interviews with Gilliam, Depp and del Toro
  • Theatrical trailers and TV spots
  • Extensive image galleries, including original production designs, storyboards and production stills

DISC TWO FOR NO GOOD REASON (LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Extended interviews with Terry Gilliam, Bruce Robinson and Richard E. Grant
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Ralph Steadman Art Gallery
  • Digital Teasers

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th August 2019, 02:12 PM
Cult Master

NEW US/CA TITLE: Apprentice to Murder (Blu-ray)

A chilling and unforgettable tale of the macabre that blurs the lines between conventional notions of “good” and “evil”.

Old 30th August 2019, 02:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dogshit artwork on RoboCop!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th August 2019, 02:14 PM
Cult Master

NEW US/CA TITLE: Flowers in the Attic (Blu-ray)

A dark and chilling Gothic suspense thriller in the classic tradition

"When her husband dies in a tragic accident, widow Corrine Dollanganger (Victoria Tennant, The Holcroft Covenant) takes her four children to the ancestral family home she fled before they were born. Locked away in the attic by their tyrannical grandmother (Academy Award® winner Louise Fletcher, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest), it falls to older brother and sister Chris (Jeb Stuart Adams, The Goonies) and Cathy (Kristy Swanson, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) to care for their younger siblings. But with their mother growing increasingly distant and erratic and a mysterious sickness taking hold, will any of the Dollanganger children survive to escape the clutches of the house’s cruel matriarch?

Originally published in 1979, VC Andrews’ novel Flowers in the Attic was a smash hit, spawning four sequels and going on to sell over 40 million copies worldwide. With undercurrents of incest and child abuse and a haunting score by Christopher Young (Hellraiser), Flowers in the Attic is a dark and chilling Gothic suspense thriller in the classic tradition."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Original lossless 2.0 stereo audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, author and editor-in-chief of Diabolique Magazine
• Home Sweet Home: Filming Flowers in the Attic, a new interview with cinematographer Frank Byers
• Fear & Wonder: Designing Flowers in the Attic, a new interview with production designer John Muto
• The Devil’s Spawn: Playing Flowers in the Attic, a new interview with actor Jeb Stuart Adams
• Shattered Innocence: Composing Flowers in the Attic, a new interview with composer Christopher Young
• Production gallery of behind-the-scenes images, illustrations and storyboards
• The original, studio-vetoed ending
• The revised ending with commentary by replacement director Tony Kayden
• Original theatrical trailer
• Two versions of the script: the unproduced Wes Craven draft, and the final shooting script, including original scenes and reshoots, as well as both endings (BD-ROM content)
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Haunt Love”

Old 30th August 2019, 02:17 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Hitch Hike to Hell (Blu-ray)

Release date: November 18th, 2019

A bona fide American nightmare from the vaults of legendary exploitation producer Harry Novak (The Child, Toys Are Not for Children).

"Be careful who you hitch a ride with! All roads lead to terror in Hitch Hike to Hell, the delightfully sleazy cautionary tale from cult director Irvin Berwick (Malibu High, The Monster of Piedras Blancas).

Howard is a mild-mannered momma s boy whose job running deliveries for a cleaning agency affords him a lot of time out on the road. It s not until he picks up young women who ve run away from home that he transforms into a twitching, homicidal maniac, hellbent on meting out punishment for their transgressions . Can the cops put a stop to Howard s demented spree before he claims yet another victim?

Influenced by the depraved crimes of the likes of ""Co-ed Killer"" Edmund Kemper, Hitch Hike to Hell is a bona fide American nightmare from the vaults of legendary exploitation producer Harry Novak (The Child, Toys Are Not for Children)."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
  • 1.33 and 1.78 versions of the feature
  • Original uncompressed mono audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Newly-filmed appreciation by Nightmare USA author Stephen Thrower
  • Road to Nowhere: Hitchhiking Culture Goes to Hell - brand new video essay by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas exploring the dark side of hitch-hiking in the real world and on the screen
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Original press book (BD-ROM Content)
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Heather Drain

Old 30th August 2019, 02:18 PM
Cult Veteran

I'll be passing on all three this time around Hitch Hike to Hell maybe when it's reduced, looks pretty interesting.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th August 2019, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Arrows website has already crashed because everyone is trying to preorder RoboCop, despite my earlier comments, I’ve preordered it from Amazon just in case it sells out and I change my mind about not double dipping

Still think the artwork is a bag of wank though!
Old 30th August 2019, 02:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'll be passing on all three this time around Hitch Hike to Hell maybe when it's reduced, looks pretty interesting.
It's not. It's really not very good. I used to have it on dvd. It's by far the worst of any Harry Novak related film i've seen.

Like this? Share it using the links below!