Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2019, 07:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Exactly, but as always the fan boys will think this is the best thing that’s ever happened! I swear they could announce a 3 disc set of My Little Pony and they’d jizz all over their computer monitors
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th September 2019, 08:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Why release films that haven’t seen the light of day since the VHS days when you can put out mainstream films that line the shelves of Poundland

Attachment 219409
Have I read that right , i presume the pic is off films in poundland ? Surely not .
Old 27th September 2019, 08:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Have I read that right , i presume the pic is off films in poundland ? Surely not .
No, someone found a postcard for The Wolf of Wall Street in their Prey blu ray, the Poundland reference is because that film can be bought from there, same goes for Inglourious Basterds
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th September 2019, 09:37 AM
Cult Master

As long as any money they make is used to find rare or unreleased cult films I'm happy for them to release these mainstream films. Surely in the long run it will benefit us....... surely
Old 27th September 2019, 10:17 AM
Cult Veteran

I agree also, but the devil's advocate in me is thinking, who is going to pay £20+ for a mainstream film that's only been out for a few years and can be found in every charity shop and CEX across the country? Surely there is just as much scope to lose money as it is to make money.

Look at Crimson Peak, pretty sure that lavish special edition stayed in stock for months after it's release date and only sold out when it was in a 2 for 1 sale. Then you have something actually obscure or cult and they sell out right away and often before the release date.
g053584398, Rik and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th September 2019, 01:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

I know he is a devisive character, ( and I cannot be arsed to go through the whole arguments now) never the less I recently picked up the Arrow Academy vol 1 box set Woody Allen collection.Wanted to upgrade my dvds for the blu rays,and this collection is a great box,with a nice book to accompany it...20190927_134959.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Old 27th September 2019, 01:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
I know he is a devisive character, ( and I cannot be arsed to go through the whole arguments now) never the less I recently picked up the Arrow Academy vol 1 box set Woody Allen collection.Wanted to upgrade my dvds for the blu rays,and this collection is a great box,with a nice book to accompany it...Attachment 219412

Still have never watched a Woody Allen film
Old 27th September 2019, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Still have never watched a Woody Allen film
Fair enough, but I'm not being drawn into another of these pointless arguments....
All I'm saying is this is highly recommended for woody fans,anybody who is not should burn there copies,
nosferatu42 likes this.

Old 27th September 2019, 02:27 PM
Cult Master

NEW US/CA TITLE: Jake Speed (Blu-ray)

Release date: December 3rd

Take a bite of this ripe slice of ’80s action cheese as the late John Hurt delivers one of the most deliciously off-kilter performances of his career.

"Description

MORE THAN A MYTH, LESS THAN A LEGEND… AND A BIT TOO BIG FOR HIS BOOTS.

When her sister is taken by a gang of white slavers, Margaret (Karen Kopins, Troop Beverly Hills) knows she needs a hero with a difference to bring her home. Enter Jake Speed (Wayne Crawford, Barracuda), leaping from the pages of pulp thriller novels and into the real world. With Margaret and his trusty sidekick Desmond Floyd (Dennis Christopher, Chariots of Fire), Jake arrives hot on the heels of the kidnappers in a southern African country gripped by civil war. But it soon turns out Jake got more than he bargained for when he discovers that the ringleader of the slavers is none other than his own arch-nemesis: the wicked, criminally insane Sid (John Hurt, Alien, The Osterman Weekend)…

A ripe slice of ’80s action cheese in the tradition of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Romancing the Stone, Jake Speed has it all: romance, death-defying stunts, spellbinding scenery shot on location in Zimbabwe… and best of all, a wickedly off-the-wall performance by the late John Hurt, proving the old adage that a hero is nothing without a worthy foe."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original 35mm interpositive
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original lossless mono audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Paperback Wishes, Cinematic Dreams, a new interview with co-writer/producer/director Andrew Lane
• The Hard Way Reads Better, a new interview with producer William Fay
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys

MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th September 2019, 02:28 PM
Cult Veteran

I think Arrow forgot they do monthly announcements and cobbled some crap together from things they've already released

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!