Like Tree26039Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2019, 04:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Edge of the Axe has appeared on Amazon for the January release so the car wash does refer to the opening scene of that movie.
Damn! I'll just have to stick with my Bikini Car Wash Company dvd's.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 31st October 2019, 04:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

So it’s not Shark Tale then, well that’s my day ruined!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st October 2019, 05:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Edge of the Axe has appeared on Amazon for the January release so the car wash does refer to the opening scene of that movie.
does that mean there's no Larraz Vol 2?
Old 31st October 2019, 05:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
does that mean there's no Larraz Vol 2?
I was under the impression that a second Larraz box set was a done deal from various comments I've read on various forums.
Old 31st October 2019, 05:59 PM
Cult Veteran

I hope there is another set, maybe they thought this film didn’t fit with the others so they are putting it out on its own??

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st October 2019, 10:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

just watched An American Werewolf in London for Halloween viewing and have to say its a stunner. the clarity is just amazing with excellent grain structure. i thought the extra clarity would expose the make-up effects in a bad light, but not so. the quality of the prosthetics are enhanced and can still give modern films a run for their money. its a great movie and probably the one that i have have re-watched more than any other, to the point i'm saying the lines before the actors have opened their mouths.
Old 31st October 2019, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
just watched An American Werewolf in London for Halloween viewing and have to say its a stunner. the clarity is just amazing with excellent grain structure. i thought the extra clarity would expose the make-up effects in a bad light, but not so. the quality of the prosthetics are enhanced and can still give modern films a run for their money. its a great movie and probably the one that i have have re-watched more than any other, to the point i'm saying the lines before the actors have opened their mouths.
I watched it on Monday night and was blown away how awesome it looked, especially the first time we see Jack in the hospital, the make up looked better than ever!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st November 2019, 03:05 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE: Harpoon (Blu-ray)

Release date: January 27th, 2020

Following a ferocious bust-up, Richard tries to make amends in the form of a sailing trip on his family yacht. As food and water supplies start to sink and rivalries, dark secrets and sexual tension start to surface…

"They say every story about love, friendship and betrayal extols a key lesson in virtue and morality. This is not one of those stories.

Jonah (Munro Chambers, Turbo Kid), Richard (Christopher Gray, TV’s The Mist) and Sasha (Emily Tyra, Code Black) have been friends a long time… maybe too long. Following a ferocious bust-up, Richard tries to make amends in the form of a sailing trip on his family yacht. After all, a friendship is the kind of ship that never sinks – until the yacht breaks down and the trio are left stranded in the middle of the ocean. As food and water supplies start to sink and rivalries, dark secrets and sexual tension start to surface, the question becomes: which of these three broken humans will run out of air first?

Dubbed a “twisty little thriller” (Eye For Film) that “will appeal to horror lovers everywhere” (Love Horror), Harpoon is Edgar Allan Poe by way of Seinfeld and an exercise in brilliant pacing, direction and acting. As the story takes darkly comedic and always unexpected turns, the three leads crescendo into a culmination of their respective crises of conscience – except the crisis here is that they have no conscience. Welcome aboard!"

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo soundtracks
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by writer/director Rob Grant and producers Michael Peterson and Kurtis David Harder
  • Director's psychedelic audio commentary by Rob Grant
  • Dropping Anchor: The Making of Harpoon, a half-hour behind-the-scenes documentary featuring interviews with the cast and crew
  • Deleted Scenes with audio commentary by Rob Grant
  • Diving Deeper, B-roll footage with audio commentary by Rob Grant
  • Welcome Aboard, an exclusive interview with Rob Grant, conducted at the FrightFest UK premiere
  • FrightFest premiere introduction and Q&A
  • FrightFest TV interviews with Rob Grant
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring two choices of artwork
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Amy Simmons

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st November 2019, 03:08 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: A Serial Killer’s Guide to Life (Digital only)

A jet-black comedy thriller is guaranteed to satisfy the self-help generation, and the modern human’s blood lust. Coming to digital with a whole host of extras!

Old 1st November 2019, 03:11 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Edge of the Axe (Blu-ray with Ltd Ed Slipcover)

Release date: January 27th, 2020

From cult Spanish filmmaker José Ramón Larraz (Vampyres, Symptoms) comes this long-neglected late 80s slasher classic, finally unleashed on Blu-ray for the first time ever! Grab your copy with an exclusive slipcover when ordering from us direct

"The rural community of Paddock County is being rocked by the crazed exploits of an axe-wielding psychopath, who stalks the night in a black trenchcoat and mask. As the victims pile up, the authorities attempt to keep a lid on the situation, whilst computer whizz-kid Gerald and girlfriend Lillian seek to unmask the killer before the town population reaches zero.

Nominally set in Northern California but shot primarily in Madrid, giving the film an off-kilter, American/European atmosphere akin to the likes of Pieces, Edge of the Axe is a late entry hack-and-slash masterpiece from one of the titans of Spanish terror."

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative
  • English and Spanish language versions of the feature
  • Original uncompressed mono audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Spanish soundtrack
  • Brand new audio commentary with actor Barton Faulks
  • Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
  • Newly-filmed interview with actor Barton Faulks
  • The Pain in Spain - a newly-filmed interview with special effects and make-up artist Colin Arthur
  • Image Gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
  • Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Amanda Reyes
  • Limited edition slipcase (500 units only)

Like this? Share it using the links below!