Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26041Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Got creepshow 2 from arrow from america, £35 for the game? Good film, however I've watched it ONCE & don't have time to watch that much now.
Nice cover though.
Old 4th May 2020, 02:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The 'Phantasm' 1-5 Boxset Standard Edition

mine arrived today and reverse art already in place

much better than the LE and uses less shelf space. one plastic ball heading to ebay very soon
Old 4th May 2020, 03:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah much better.Reverse art covers also in place!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th May 2020, 03:27 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
No mention of reversible artwork, so it could be a digipack.

Probably that or the Purple one on General sale i'll say.
Thought so.If it's a digipak I'll wait on the Amaray....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th May 2020, 07:37 AM
Cult Master

Re: 'The Gamera Collection'

"On a recent livestream from Texas Frightmare Weekend, an in-hand copy of the upcoming Arrow Video Gamera Collection was shown. The collection appears to be the “cereal box” size, similar to the HGL set. They also commented that the dub tracks will also be included and that full specs are coming soon"

g053584398, Justin101 and markchro like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th May 2020, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

^^^ Have to say I'm not a fan of this packaging. The Godzilla one (and Lewis) is a pain in the neck. Its too big to fit anywhere and just lies on top of everything else looking messy. I suppose I will get this set at some point but, like Phantasm, it'll get offloaded if they release a standard boxset in the future.
Old 5th May 2020, 08:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've got both HGL & Godzilla sets, and I agree, the packaging is impossible to put anywhere. Godzilla is on top of wardrobe, HGL is in a box in loft. Amazing sets though! Will be getting Gamera set anyway regardless of packaging. Hoping it does get a release, with what's going on right now.
Old 6th May 2020, 05:35 AM
Cult Master

HanWay Rebrands Library Label, Strikes Distribution Deal With Arrow & Plans 4K Restorations Of ‘The Last Emperor’, ‘The Sheltering Sky’, ‘Naked Lunch’ | Deadline

"EXCLUSIVE: Jeremy Thomas’s Brit sales and production firm HanWay is rebranding catalog label HanWay Select to The Collections as part of a drive to highlight and propel its significant library of more than 350 movies.

HanWay has struck a deal with UK distributor Arrow Films to handle distribution and restorations in the UK of the Jeremy Thomas collection, with films including multi-Oscar winning epic The Last Emperor, John Malkovich-Debra Winger romance The Sheltering Sky and David Cronenberg’s Naked Lunch. Arrow recently re-released HanWay’s David Bowie-starrer Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence.

HanWay is currently restoring around five titles a year with recent updates including David Cronenberg’s Crash, which screened at Venice. Upcoming is Gary Oldman’s Nil By Mouth.

We also understand the company is close to striking a deal with a well known filmmaker to bring around 20 movies into The Collections fold.

The catalog drive is targeted at repertory theatrical play but also at the streamers who many think can do a better job showcasing archive and classic movies.

HanWay founder Thomas told us, “We’ve been upping our efforts to find the long tail. I believe that all these streaming services will become homes for the great movies. I’ve been restoring some titles and others are restoring some for us. There are some magnificent films in the collection from an amazing group of filmmakers. Thankfully, I’ve kept them in good condition so we’re ready to rock.”

HanWay Vice Chairman Peter Watson added, “The market is changing. We can feel that long tail finally starting to emerge in the library business in a way that it hasn’t before. We’re preparing ourselves to take advantage of that because there aren’t many indie collections of this size.”

The Collections Director Marta Ravani, formerly of Protagonist and TF1, explained, “I’ve never had as many requests for these movies as in the last couple of months even if the pandemic has slowed up distributors’ ability to close deals with uncertainty over when theaters will reopen. We are in discussions with the big streamers who are starting to evolve and enrich their content. There is a real appetite for well restored classic films.”

After its Venice screening the 4K update of Crash sold in more than 15 territories, Ravani says, with plans afoot for multiple theatrical releases.

The Collections label includes The Jeremy Thomas Collection with movies including Bernardo Bertolucci’s The Last Emperor and Karel Reisz’s Everybody Wins; the BFI Collection, including Jane Campion’s debut, Peter Greenaway movies and Derek Jarman’s Caravaggio; The Documentary Collection, boasting titles such as Finding Vivian Maier and Louis Theroux’s My Scientology Movie; and The Wim Wenders Collection, featuring 26 features and six shorts including Paris, Texas and Wings Of Desire.

The Sally Potter Collection includes movies Orlando and Ginger & Rosa; The New Zealand Film Collection features auteurs such as Campion and Taika Waititi as well as Lee Tamahori’s Once Were Warriors; The Paul Cox Collection comprises thirteen features including Man of Flowers and Exile; while The Blues Collection includes Martin Scorsese’s documentary about the blues and its African origins Feel Like Going Home and the seventh installment of the documentary film series Piano Blues directed by Clint Eastwood.

HanWay and RPC’s Pinocchio scored big box office in Italy at the start of this year and then played at Berlin before its theatrical rollout was derailed by coronavirus. The team told us they are hopeful the Roberto Benigni starrer can get back into theaters later this year."

Old 15th May 2020, 03:45 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE: Creepshow 2 (Limited Edition Blu-ray) *Arrow Store Exclusive!*

Release date: July 13th

"Titans of terror George A. Romero and Stephen King deliver yet another selection of blood-curdling tales in Creepshow 2, the follow-up to the 1982 horror classic.

In “Old Chief Wood’nhead”, a group of young hoodlums face retribution from an unlikely source after looting a local hardware store. Meanwhile, “The Raft” sees a group of horny teens wishing they’d read the warning signs first before taking a dip in a remote lake. Finally, an uptight businesswoman finds herself with some unwanted company following a hit-and-run incident in “The Hitch-hiker”.

Retaining the same EC comic book flavor that made the original such a hit, Creepshow 2, this time directed by long-time Romero collaborator Michael Gornick, is a standout horror anthology from the minds of two of the genre’s master craftsmen."

Special features:
  • Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original Uncompressed PCM Mono 1.0, Stereo and 5.1 DTS-HD MA Surround Audio Options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Creepshow 2: Pinfall – Limited Edition Booklet featuring the never-before-seen comic adaptation of the unfilmed Creepshow 2 segment “Pinfall” by artist Jason Mayoh
  • Audio Commentary with director Michael Gornick
  • Poncho’s Last Ride – a brand new interview with actor Daniel Beer
  • The Road to Dover – a brand new interview with actor Tom Wright
  • Screenplay for a Sequel – an interview with screenwriter George A. Romero
  • Tales from the Creep – an interview with actor and make-up artist Tom Savini
  • Nightmares in Foam Rubber – archive featurette on the special effects of Creepshow 2, including interviews with FX artists Howard Berger and Greg Nicotero
  • My Friend Rick – Berger on his special effects mentor Rick Baker
  • Behind-the-Scenes Footage
  • Image Gallery
  • Trailers & TV Spots
  • Original Screenplay (BD-ROM Content)
  • Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Mike Saputo

Old 15th May 2020, 03:58 PM
Cult Master

BACK IN STOCK UK/US/CA TITLE: The Last House on the Left (Standard Blu-ray One Disc Edition)

Release date: August 17th

The Wes Craven classic that justly retains its reputation as one of the most harrowing cinematic experiences of all time.

"The directorial debut of Wes Craven, the man behind such horror favorites as A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills Have Eyes and Scream, The Last House on the Left justly retains its reputation as one of the most harrowing cinematic experiences of all time, nearly half a century on from its original release.

On the eve of her 17th birthday, Mari and friend Phyllis set off from her family home to the big city to attend a concert by shock-rockers Bloodlust. Attempting to pick up some marijuana on the way, the pair run afoul of a group of vicious crooks, headed up by the sadistic and depraved Krug (David Hess). Gagged and bound, the young women are bundled into a car trunk and driven to the woods, where the gang subject them to a terrifying ordeal of sexual humiliation, torture and murder.

Unleashed on an unsuspecting public in 1972, The Last House on the Left shocked audiences with its graphic and unflinching portrayal of interpersonal violence, paving the way for a whole host of cheap imitators looking to capitalise on its success. It is Wes Craven’s original alone, however, that remains one of the true watershed moments in horror (and indeed, film) history"

Special features:
  • High Definition Blu-rayTM (1080p) presentation of the Unrated Version
  • Original Uncompressed Mono Audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Isolated score remastered from the original 17.5” magnetic tracks
  • Audio commentary with Bill Ackerman and Amanda Reyes
  • Archival audio commentary with writer/director Wes Craven and producer Sean S. Cunningham
  • Archival audio commentary with stars David Hess, Marc Sheffler and Fred Lincoln
  • Archival introduction to the film by Wes Craven
  • Still Standing: The Legacy of The Last House on the Left – archival interview with Wes Craven
  • Celluloid Crime of the Century – archival documentary featuring interviews with Wes Craven, Sean S. Cunningham, actors David Hess, Fred Lincoln, Jeramie Rain, Marc Sheffler and Martin Kove
  • Scoring Last House – archival interview with actor/composer David Hess
  • It’s Only a Movie: The Making of The Last House on the Left – archival featurette
  • Forbidden Footage – the cast and crew discuss the film’s most controversial sequences
  • Junior’s Story – interview with actor Marc Sheffler
  • Blood and Guts – interview with makeup artist Anne Paul
  • The Road Leads to Terror – featurette revisiting the film’s original shooting locations
  • Deleted Scene: “Mari Dying at the Lake”
  • Extended Outtakes and Dailies, transferred in HD
  • Trailers, TV Spot & Radio Spots
  • Image Galleries
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shippers

Like this? Share it using the links below!