Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2020, 02:13 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Tremors (Limited Edition 4K UHD Blu-ray). Also available as a limited edition standard Blu-Ray

Release date: December 14

Bursting with indelible characters, quotable dialogue and jaw-dropping special effects, Tremors is back and bigger than ever in this 4K-restored and fully loaded collectors’ edition.

"A MONSTER MOVIE THAT BREAKS NEW GROUND!

A pulse-pounding love letter to 1950s creature features that delivers horror and humour in equal measure, Tremors is a bonafide cult classic that has grabbed audiences’ affections ever since its release and spawned a successful franchise that continues to this day.

Good-ol’-boy handymen Val (Kevin Bacon) and Earl (Fred Ward) are sick of their dead-end jobs in one-horse desert town Perfection, Nevada (population: 14). Just as they’re about to escape Perfection forever, however, things start to get really weird: half-eaten corpses litter the road out of town; the phone lines stop working; and a plucky young scientist shows evidence of unusually strong seismic activity in the area. Something is coming for the citizens of Perfection… and it’s under the goddamn ground!

Bursting with indelible characters, quotable dialogue and jaw-dropping special effects, Tremors is back and bigger than ever in this 4K-restored and fully loaded collectors’ edition."

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
  • 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville and selected archive materials
  • Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
  • Small fold-out double-sided poster featuring new Graboid X-ray art by Matt Frank
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
  • Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank

DISC 1 – FEATURE & EXTRAS (4K UHD BLU-RAY)
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Restored DTS-HD MA original theatrical 2.0 stereo, 4.0 surround, and remixed 5.1 surround audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • New audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
  • New audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
  • Making Perfection, a brand new documentary by Universal Pictures interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
  • The Truth About Tremors, a newly filmed interview with co-producer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
  • Bad Vibrations, a newly filmed interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
  • Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, newly filmed on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
  • Digging in the Dirt, a new featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects
  • Music for Graboids, a new featurette on the film’s music with composers Ernest Troost and Robert Folk
  • Pardon My French!, a newly assembled compilation of overdubs from the edited-for television version
  • The Making of Tremors, an archive documentary from 1995 by Laurent Bouzereau, interviewing the filmmakers and special effects teams
  • Creature Featurette, an archive compilation of on-set camcorder footage showing the making of the Graboids
  • Electronic press kit featurette and interviews with Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross and Reba McEntire
  • Deleted scenes, including the original opening scene
  • Theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots for the original film as well as trailers for the entire Tremors franchise
  • Comprehensive image galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes stills, storyboards and two different drafts of the screenplay

DISC 2 – INTERVIEWS & SHORT FILMS (BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
  • Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
  • Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
  • Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th September 2020, 02:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

That's a nice Tremors set. What a pity Arrow have sent a big two fingers to their blu-ray buyers by not including one with the set.
Old 25th September 2020, 02:27 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's a nice Tremors set. What a pity Arrow have sent a big two fingers to their blu-ray buyers by not including one with the set.

Or they could just buy the blu-ray set?
Old 25th September 2020, 02:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

It’s getting a separate LE blu ray release as well
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th September 2020, 02:32 PM
Cult Veteran

I don't think that any of their UHDs have had a BD copy in them.

I'm not really a fan of Tremors, but I'm super excited to get Versus, both versions as well!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th September 2020, 02:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Or they could just buy the blu-ray set?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It’s getting a separate LE blu ray release as well
Sorry, i misinterpreted the initial post.

Quote:
Also available as a limited edition standard Blu-Ray
I took this to mean it was a standard blu-ray which was a limited run. As in a blu without the slip, poster and cards.

Had it said limited edition blu-ray then i wouldn't have read anything else into it.
Old 25th September 2020, 02:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Tremors as expected so a bit disappointed there were no surprises unless Versus counts...

Is this the last boutique label announcement for 2020? I've lost track...

I wonder if the HMV Premium Collection will have some Halloween releases to close out the year?
Old 25th September 2020, 04:25 PM
Active Cultist

Well I'm surprised and shocked. I will be picking it up for sure. Good choice to end on a year of disappointing line ups.
Old 25th September 2020, 04:38 PM
Cult Addict

Two of the best releases from them in a while. I'm not a huge Asian cinema fan but i do like Versus.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 25th September 2020, 06:03 PM
Cultist

Quality over quantity for sure. Been a while since they’ve released a schedule this good. Just a pity “one of the biggest slashers of the ‘80’s” didn’t make the cut in 2020.

Like this? Share it using the links below!