Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2020, 05:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You been in Fopp this week S?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd October 2020, 07:27 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
I see Arrow have ‘Videoman’ streaming on their VOD service. I don’t have access to it, but it a great movie. I’d recommend it

Attachment 228769

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's on Filmfour next Wednesday morning at 1.40am.
MuckyFunster likes this.
Old 23rd October 2020, 05:16 AM
Cult Master

There's a Zavvi exclusive 4K UHD Steelbox version of 'Oldboy' coming

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:06 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Thought it was a He Got Game steelbook.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:11 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone bought the Buttergeit set/or know if it contains seperate amarays?

Doesn’t seem to be images anywhere....

Old 23rd October 2020, 12:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post

I bet it’s the same as the Bava set and like a book, same goes for the HG Lewis one
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd October 2020, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post

I have it. Lots of debits. The slipcase is not the usual heavy duty efforts. It's flimsier but not as bad as major studio efforst e.g. Alien Anthology. It contains only two amarays containing two discs in each. Nekromaantik/Der Todesking in one, Nekromantik 2/Schramm in the other. Only the new artwork is available on the amaray sleeves.

Few complaints of miss-selling on blurage.
Old 23rd October 2020, 02:04 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE: Oldboy (4K UHD Blu-ray)

Release date: January 25th

Often cited as one of the best films of the 2000s and possibly the definitive example of extreme Asian cinema, Oldboy – directed with immense flair by Park Chan-wook - is a brutal, lyrical modern classic of the revenge genre

"Often cited as one of the best films of the 2000s and possibly the definitive example of extreme Asian cinema, Oldboy is a brutal, lyrical modern classic of the revenge genre.

Based on the Japanese manga of the same name, the film tells the horrific tale of Oh Dae-su (Choi Min-sik), a businessman who is inexplicably kidnapped and imprisoned in a grim hotel room-like cell for 15 years, without knowing his captor or the reason for his incarceration. Eventually released, he learns of his wife’s murder and embarks on a quest for revenge whilst also striking up a romance with a young, attractive sushi chef, Mi-do (Kang Hye-jung). He eventually finds his tormentor, but their final encounter will yield yet more unimaginable horrors...

Directed with immense flair by Park Chan-wook (JSA, The Handmaiden) as the second instalment of his Vengeance Trilogy, Oldboy blazed a trail at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival where it was lauded by the President of the Jury, director Quentin Tarantino. The film went on to become a huge international smash, blowing audiences’ minds with its concoction of filmmaking virtuosity, ingenious plotting, violence and pathos. Now, this masterpiece has been restored in 4K and is presented here with the feature-length documentary Old Days, and a massive array of extras."

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY CONTENTS

Two-disc edition featuring a new restoration of Oldboy on 4K UHD Blu-ray, and the acclaimed making-of documentary Old Days on Blu-ray
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Erickson

DISC ONE – OLDBOY (4K UHD BLU-RAY)
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by director Park Chan-wook
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo
  • Original Korean and English soundtracks
  • Music and effects track
  • Newly translated, optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Korean soundtrack
  • Audio commentary with director Park Chan-wook
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook and cinematographer Jung Jung-hoon
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook, and actors Choi Min-sik, Yu Ji-tae, Kang Hye-jung
  • New audio commentary with critic Jasper Sharp and writer Simon Ward
  • Out of the Past, new video appreciation by Asian film expert Tony Rayns
  • Deleted scenes with optional director commentary
  • Behind the scenes featurettes
  • Extensive cast and crew interviews
  • Trailers and teasers
  • Image gallery

DISC TWO - OLD DAYS (BLU-RAY)
  • Old Days: An Oldboy Story, the acclaimed feature-length 2016 documentary about Park Chan-wook’s masterpiece
  • Autobiography of Oldboy, a three-and-a-half-hour video diary of the making of Oldboy
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully illustrated booklet featuring new writing by Simon Abrams and archival articles

Old 23rd October 2020, 02:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hope the weather is nice for my bbq
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd October 2020, 02:07 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE: [REC] (Blu-ray)

Release date: January 4

Fusing the zombie genre with the “found footage” format to throw the audience right into the midst of the action, [REC] is a terrifying, relentless rollercoaster ride which builds to one of the horror genre’s all time bone-chilling climaxes.

"28 Days Later meets The Blair Witch Project as a mysterious virus turns the inhabitants of an apartment building into a horde of frenzied, bloodthirsty ghouls in [REC] - the original 2007 “found footage” phenomenon that spawned a hit franchise and US remake.

A television film crew, documenting the night shift of a Barcelona fire brigade, get much more than they bargained for when they attend an apparently routine call-out. Upon arrival at an inner city apartment, the firefighters are viciously attacked by the elderly female occupant, who appears to be in the throes of some sort of viral infection. Before long, the virus has taken hold of the entire building, which is cordoned off by the authorities. Trapped inside, the television crew - using their cameras to capture the events as they unfold - and the other remaining survivors find themselves pitched into a nightmare of unimaginable proportions.

Fusing the zombie genre with the “found footage” format to throw the audience right into the midst of the action, [REC] is a terrifying, relentless rollercoaster ride which builds to one of the horror genre’s all time bone-chilling climaxes"

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition Blu-ray presentation with two viewing options: the "theatrical version" (24fps, 1080p, 78 mins) as shown in cinemas, and the "production version" (25fps, 1080i, 75 mins) as originally filmed
  • Original Spanish DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 audio options on both versions
  • Optional English subtitles
  • New audio commentary by film critic and historian Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Found Footage Horror: Fear and the Appearance of Reality
  • Archive commentary by directors Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza
  • The Making of [REC], an archive featurette examining the process of production featuring interviews with cast & crew
  • How to Shoot a Horror Movie, a French-language featurette presented by directors Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza
  • Archive interview with Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza looking back on the film
  • The Fantastic Four, an archive panel discussion with [REC] directors Jaume Balaguero, Paco Plaza and new wave Spanish horror contemporaries Gonzalo Lopez Callego and Juan Antonio Bayona
  • On set footage of the cast & crew at work on key scenes including “the attack on Mrs. Izquierdo” and the “climb to hell”
  • Archive interview with director of photography Pablo Rosso
  • Archive interview with sound supervisor Xavi Mas
  • Archive interview with sound designer Oriol Tarragó
  • Confidences, a video diary by star Manuela Velasco
  • Deleted and extended scenes, including “Fire Station Redux”, “The Secret Archive” and “Corridors of Nails”
  • Casting, original video footage from the audition process
  • Trailers and TV spots
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors' booklet with new writing on the film by Xavier Aldana Reyes

Like this? Share it using the links below!