Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26042Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2020, 12:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post

Also, I expect we wont see a complete Halloween set until the release of Halloween Ends in 2022, and that's just too far off.
Any takers for a friendly bet that the next one in the series is Halloween Never Ends
Old 21st November 2020, 03:25 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sweet!

IMG_4112.jpgIMG_4108.jpg
Old 21st November 2020, 03:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Does anyone know if Arrow still has the UK rights to Day of The Dead (1985)?

Would love a similar UHD LE to SS's Dawn release.
Old 21st November 2020, 04:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, a Second Sight release of Day Of The Dead would be great.
Arrow's Blu ray looks good but to me looks heavy on the DNR. The faces look waxy. The picture looks too clean.
Old 21st November 2020, 05:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Yeah, a Second Sight release of Day Of The Dead would be great.
Arrow's Blu ray looks good but to me looks heavy on the DNR. The faces look waxy. The picture looks too clean.
The question is, who currently has the rights?
Old 21st November 2020, 06:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
I went for the 9 disc blu ray set. Its £70 on Amazon (down from £120 at the moment). Book etc is in Italian but I think (and please god hope) the films have English language and turn off-able subtitles. Never been too pushed on the Rob Zombie ones anyway (though they're nowhere near as bad as reputation suggests), and I bought the Halloween 2018 4k UHD from Cex for like £8 last year (though again, it's just ok). I was sold on the Italian set as it has Halloween 6roducers cut which I've never seen. Halloween 6 is a guilty pleasure of mine and a cant wait to see Michael trapped by a circle of runic stones!

It's not a patch on the SF edition but I cant justify remortgaging the house for that.

Also, I expect we wont see a complete Halloween set until the release of Halloween Ends in 2022, and that's just too far off.

Still, some days I look in the mirror and think "why? Why did I spend £70 on an italian blu ray set? How will I explain this to my wife?" Its stuff like this that makes you re-evaluate your priorities. Although I wouldnt give up my Spanish Hell Night or Australian Demon Knight for anything!!!
Thanks! I (drunk) bought the 9 disc blu ray set last night, despite having the films already, I just KNOW my wife will ask WTF????
However, like so many things in life, you had to be there! Lol! And there's worse things we could be spending money on than movies.

Should be with me by Wednesday! Thanks for the recommend!
Old 22nd November 2020, 01:47 PM
Cultist

Hey Nostalgic, Halloween set arrived this morning and its impressive. Plays fine, audio can be set to English/ subtitles removed and best of all a fair few extras seem to be ported from the SF edition. Just spent a while watching the extended H20 making of which I'd never seen before. Im fairly sure it's the same as the SF one. If you can live without the Rob Zombie films the Italian set is a cost-effective solution to a very serious problem faced by all UK fans! I'd ditch it on ebay for an Arrow set but that's not happening anytime soon.

On a broader note it's hilarious how the halloween series are the climatic equivalent of those old "choose your own adventure" books (go left and turn to page 83, turn left and go to page 123 etc)

You can go...

1. Halloween, Halloween 2, 4,5,6
2. Halloween, Halloween 2018, Kills 2021, Ends 2022
3. Halloween, Halloween 3 (it's on in the factory)
4. Halloween, Halloween 2, 7,8
5. Or just Halloween 2007,09

What a mess!
Old 22nd November 2020, 02:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lol! It's true. I never really liked the series when I was younger but they've grown on me in recent years. I've got the regular & Director's cut of the Rob Zombie ones (I must be one of the only people who LOVED his first one!) Plus the hefty documentaries that come with them.

Looking forward to the set arriving!
Old 22nd November 2020, 03:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Lol! It's true. I never really liked the series when I was younger but they've grown on me in recent years. I've got the regular & Director's cut of the Rob Zombie ones (I must be one of the only people who LOVED his first one!) Plus the hefty documentaries that come with them.

Looking forward to the set arriving!
Rob Zombie's first Halloween movie is excellent. I love all the Myers back story.

It's the sequel with all the dreamy weirdness that's a bit pretentious.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 22nd November 2020, 05:36 PM
Cultist

For me, I think Halloween 2007 is absolutely brilliant from the moment the title card "Trick or Treat" flashes on screen, but before that it's a bit of a slog. Halloween 2 has an incredible first 20mins but doesnt really do much from there. They are both totally fine in their own way!

On another note... just watched The Wind & Deadly Manor. I liked the latter but not the former!
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!