Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2020, 02:09 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: The Bloodhound (Blu-ray)

Release date: March 22

First-time feature director Patrick Picard brings a fresh take to one of the best-known stories from the master of mystery and the macabre, Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher, in his new slow-burner horror-thriller The Bloodhound, a hauntingly atmospheric tale.

"First-time feature director Patrick Picard brings a fresh take to one of the best-known stories from the master of mystery and the macabre, Edgar Allan Poe, The Fall of the House of Usher, in his new slow-burner horror-thriller The Bloodhound, a hauntingly atmospheric tale described by The Hollywood News as “an impressively stylish and intellectual debut”.

Francis (Liam Aiken, A Series of Unfortunate Events), a dispossessed young man, is summoned to the secluded home of his wealthy childhood friend, JP Luret (Joe Adler, The Maze Runner), who is suffering from a mysterious affliction. Upon his arrival, Francis realizes that JP and his ethereal twin sister Vivian (Annalise Basso, Ouija: Origin of Evil) are the sole surviving members of the privileged Luret family, whose legacy has been one of depression and self-destruction, and the only occupants of their family estate. As the old friends attempt to reconnect, a number of inexplicable incidents begin to occur within the house, and Francis finds himself drawn into a world of malaise and despair, where an act of betrayal might provide his only way out…

From Leal Naim and Thomas R. Burke, producers of The Endless and Synchronic, and featuring some remarkable performances from its trio of lead actors, The Bloodhound leads you on a journey exploring themes that are as relevant to today as ever before, such as the yearning for emotional connection, the perils of social isolation and the fragility of mental health."

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by director Patrick Picard and editor David Scorca
  • Four experimental short films by director Patrick Picard: bad dream, the muffled hammerfall in action, the mosaic code and wiggleworm
  • On the Trail of The Bloodhound: Behind the Scenes of a Modern Chiller exclusive 45-minute making-of featurette
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anton Bitel

trebor8273 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th December 2020, 02:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Simeoni's list updated

TIM = The Invisible Man (Japanese) double feature
BLOOD = THe Bloodhound
D UHD = not announced
D?? = not announced

January
Oldboy UHD
Gamera Boxsets x2 Bluray
[REC] Bluray
JSA Bluray
Southland Tales Bluray
Django Bluray (US only)

February
Demons I & II UHD/Bluray
Beyond Re-Animator Bluray
Shogun's Joy of Torture Bluray
El Duce Tapes Bluray

March
The Naked City/Brute Force
The Invisible Appears/The Invisible Man vs the Human Fly
The Bloodhound
D UHD - Dune UHD (announcement delayed)
D?? - Dagon suggested (announcement delayed)

April
DJANGO UHD - self explanatory (probably US only)
MAST - ??
BRUHD - Battle Royale UHD
CLAPBOARD - announced a couple of pages back
OTE - ??

May
WWS - ?? (Wolf of Wall Street has been denied by Arrow)
REBBOXSET - Bill Rebane Boxset suggested
GHOST W - A Ghost Waits
SS - Stendahl Syndrome, Savage Streets, Shogun's Sadism all suggested
DGITH - Don't Go In The House suggested

June
LM BOXSET - ??
VT BOXSET - ??
SS - Stendahl Syndrome, Savage Streets, Shogun's Sadism all suggested
G&T - ??
STYLIST TBC - ??
T UHD - Tenebrae UHD, The Terminator UHD both suggested

July
SB - ??
WHD - ??
LEG - Legend suggested
D BOXSET - ??
B UHD - ??
DIA - ??

August
C BOXSET - Critters boxset suggested
YOL BOXSET - ??
SG - ??
DS - Deadly Spawn suggested
F? - The Frighteners suggested (down arrow on this one so could move)
DIL - ??
MAN - Maniac (seems unlikely)

September
MD? - up arrow on this one so could move forward in schedule
G BOXSET - Grudge boxset suggested
IR - ??
WT UHD - ?? down arrow slo could move
C UHD - Caligula UHD, Candyman UHD suggested - I'd add Carrie UHD
HW? - ??

October
LE UHD - ??
Y BOXSET - Yuzna boxset suggested
D UHD - this could also be Dune UHD
GNO - ??
H X2 UHD - Halloween II and III suggested
BUS AM - ??

November
B BOXSET - ??
POTM - Phantom of the Mall suggested
MOS - ??
F - ?? The Frighteners suggested or one of the F's could be Freddy Got Fingered
F - ?? as above
SONY? - Sony deal??? or waiting for clearance on a Sony title?
BB - ??
NL UHD - ??

December
BIGBOX/EJ? - Early Peter Jackson suggested
?? UHD TBC - obviously not set in stone this one.
Old 18th December 2020, 02:34 PM
Active Cultist

Nothing for me, again! Arrow are getting much more proficient at helping me save money each month so I am thankful for that.
Old 18th December 2020, 03:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Nothing for me either seeing as I haven’t heard of any of them
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th December 2020, 05:09 PM
Cult Addict

Nothing there for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 18th December 2020, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: The Invisible Man Appears / The Invisible Man vs. The Human Fly (Blu-ray)

Release date: March 15

Finally released outside Japan for the very first time, these unique riffs on H.G. Wells’ classic character (though undoubtedly also indebted to Universal’s iconic film series) are two of the earliest examples of tokusatsu (special effects) cinema from Daiei Studios

"Finally released outside Japan for the very first time, these unique riffs on H.G. Wells’ classic character (though undoubtedly also indebted to Universal’s iconic film series) are two of the earliest examples of tokusatsu (special effects) cinema from Daiei Studios, later the home of Gamera.

In The Invisible Man Appears, written and directed by Nobuo Adachi in 1949, a scientist successfully creates an invisibility serum, only to be kidnapped by a gang of thugs who wish to use the formula to rob a priceless jewel. In addition to being the earliest surviving Japanese science fiction film ever made, the film’s entertaining special effects were an early credit for the legendary Eiji Tsuburaya, five years before he first brought Godzilla to life.

Eight years later, Mitsuo Murayama’s exciting The Invisible Man vs. The Human Fly tells the story of a series of mysterious murders where the only clue is strange buzzing noise at the scene of the crime… could this be linked to secret wartime experiments in shrinking humans to the size of insects? And can a scientist who’s just invented an invisibility ray be the one to stop it?"

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition (1080p) transfers of both films on one Blu-ray disc
  • Original lossless Japanese mono audio on both films
  • Optional English subtitles for both films
  • Transparent Terrors, a newly filmed interview with critic and genre scholar Kim Newman on the history of the "Invisible Man" in cinema
  • Theatrical trailer for The Invisible Man Appears
  • Image galleries for both films
  • Reversible sleeve featuring new and original artwork by Graham Humphreys
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing by Keith Allison, Hayley Scanlon and Tom Vincent

Will sit next to the Bloodthirsty Trilogy in completely random cinema in my collection! Looks mental!
Old 18th December 2020, 07:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm delighted that Shogun's Joy of Torture is going to be released and I hope that Shogun's Sadism makes it to Blu-ray as well. Don't Go In The House would also be appreciated. Although I've never seen any of his films, I'd be interested in a Bill Rebane box set as well.
Old 19th December 2020, 09:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I'm delighted that Shogun's Joy of Torture is going to be released and I hope that Shogun's Sadism makes it to Blu-ray as well. Don't Go In The House would also be appreciated. Although I've never seen any of his films, I'd be interested in a Bill Rebane box set as well.
Yes, I don't think this month is going to be indicative of Arrow's whole year. They've already put in two decent month's of releases in what is normally the quiet season and, going by the list, there looks like there could be some very interesting releases with room for some surprises.

I'll be getting the Invisible Man set as up until recently I wouldn't have bet a penny that I would see obscure (in the west) genre stuff like that in my lifetime.

Clearly, Arrow are not the dominant force they used to be as the competition has caught up. I don't see that as a bad thing for us collectors.
Old 21st December 2020, 07:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

CHILDREN OF THE CORN postcard in my CRASH set.....
g053584398, Rob4 and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st December 2020, 07:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll have one of those!
I LOVE the old Universal IM films.Be interesting to see these Japanese takes...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!