Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2021, 02:44 PM
Cult Master

Coming soon to the UK and the US… An American Werewolf in London – 4K UHD & Hand Transformation Statuette (Limited Edition Zavvi Exclusive)

Zavvi RRP: £149.99

"Zavvi Exclusive Limited to 1000 Units

From one of the greatest directors of the 1980s, John Landis, and with landmark special makeup effects by Rick Baker, Zavvi presents a stunning, exclusive special entertainment set of the iconic ‘An American Werewolf in London’

Containing a new 4K Ultra HD Arrow Video release housed in the base of a collectable statuette, this zavvi exclusive limited edition collectors package is a must own!

The limited edition resin based statuette features a fantastic sculpt of the famous transformation hand mid-way through turning into the beast, which in turn is set into a London Underground themed base referencing the first kill of the unlucky late night office worker, and featuring a ‘See You Next Wednesday’ movie poster (a movie title gag used by John Landis in almost all his films to date)

Statuette Size: Approx 22cm x 17cm x 25cm
Materials: Resin

Slipcase to contain 60pp booklet, 1X 15mm UHD case, poster

Final product subject to license approval"

Special Edition Contents:
  • Brand new 4K restoration by Arrow Films from the original camera negative
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-rayTM presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original uncompressed 1.0 mono and optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by Beware the Moon filmmaker Paul Davis
  • Audio commentary by actors David Naughton and Griffin Dunne
  • Mark of The Beast: The Legacy of the Universal Werewolf, a feature-length documentary by filmmaker Daniel Griffith, featuring interviews with John Landis, David Naughton, Joe Dante and more
  • An American Filmmaker in London, an interview with John Landis in which he reflects on British cinema and his time working in Britain
  • I Think He’s a Jew: The Werewolf’s Secret, a video essay by filmmaker Jon Spira (Elstree 1976) about how Landis’ film explores Jewish identity
  • The Werewolf’s Call, Corin Hardy, director of The Hallow and The Nun, chats with writer Simon Ward about their formative experiences with Landis’ film
  • Wares of the Wolf, a featurette in which SFX artist Dan Martin and Tim Lawes of Prop Store look at some of the original costumes and special effects artefacts from the film
  • Beware the Moon, Paul Davis’ acclaimed, feature-length exploration of Landis’ film which boasts extensive cast and crew interviews
  • An American Werewolf in Bob’s Basement and Causing a Disturbance: Piccadilly Revisited, two 2008 featurettes filmed by Paul Davis
  • Making An American Werewolf in London, a short archival featurette on the film’s production
  • An Interview with John Landis, a lengthy archival interview with the director about the film
  • Make-up Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London, the legendary make-up artist discusses his work on the film
  • I Walked with a Werewolf, an archival interview with Rick Baker about Universal horror and its legacy of Wolfman films
  • Casting of the Hand, archival footage from Rick Baker’s workshop showing the casting of David Naughton’s hand
  • Outtakes
  • Storyboards featurette
  • Original trailer and teaser plus TV and radio spots
  • Extensive image gallery featuring over 200 stills, posters and other ephemera
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Limited edition 60-page, perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Craig Ian Mann and Simon Ward, archival articles and original reviews

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th November 2021, 02:53 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Thread

Just preordered the Creepers edition of Phenomena. I might cancel it though if the reverse art is the other Creepers poster
Old 26th November 2021, 03:01 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Just preordered the Creepers edition of Phenomena. I might cancel it though if the reverse art is the other Creepers poster

Yep, the Creepers version has Creepers art on the front and reverse. Cancelling and ordering the Arte Originale version instead.
Old 26th November 2021, 03:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Think I'll preorder DGITH just in case they drop the second disc in the standard edition. It doesn't say its a limited exclusive but you never know with Arrow!

If I preorder from HMV and order something else to tip it over into the free shipping will they keep the order back and ship together or will they just post the 'in stock' item out immediately? Or will free shipping not work if I try to do that?
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th November 2021, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I’m pretty sure HMV post items when they are in stock. I’ve had orders arrive in three and four parcels, still with free postage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob4 likes this.
Old 26th November 2021, 05:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Yep, the Creepers version has Creepers art on the front and reverse. Cancelling and ordering the Arte Originale version instead.
Nah Creepers for me mate.
I still have the 'Phenomena' boxset on blu anyway.

Humphrey's artwork is class.

****ing chokes me ordering from them direct again.....

Will order Deadly Games from HMV.

AAWIL is just another Zavvi ripoff.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th November 2021, 08:22 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Think I'll preorder DGITH just in case they drop the second disc in the standard edition. It doesn't say its a limited exclusive but you never know with Arrow!

If I preorder from HMV and order something else to tip it over into the free shipping will they keep the order back and ship together or will they just post the 'in stock' item out immediately? Or will free shipping not work if I try to do that?

The "Video Nasty" site exclusive edition is actually 3 discs. James Flower of Arrow tweeted this...

IMG_7663.jpg
Old 26th November 2021, 08:23 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Arrow Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Nah Creepers for me mate.
I still have the 'Phenomena' boxset on blu anyway.

Humphrey's artwork is class.

****ing chokes me ordering from them direct again.....

Will order Deadly Games from HMV.

AAWIL is just another Zavvi ripoff.

Yeah, I'll wait for the standard 4K version of AAWIL.
Old 28th November 2021, 09:26 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Think they'll use the same reverse art as the BD?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th November 2021, 10:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default The Arrow Thread

I preordered the Don’t go in the House video nasty edition. I’m not usually one to pre order anything. I’m a “pick ‘em up in the sales” kinda guy. but I do like the nasties

No money has come out. Do Arrow now bill on posting? Did they do that before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!