Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2011, 12:22 PM
Cultist

If i remember right they also released KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS, used to own a few of 23rd century dvds but sold them on
Old 17th July 2011, 04:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
seems to have released some rare titles well worth looking for
Make sure you avoid CONQUEST as it's the heavily cut cinema version.
Title « British Board of Film Classification
Old 17th July 2011, 06:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default 23rd century blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Make sure you avoid CONQUEST as it's the heavily cut cinema version.
Title « British Board of Film Classification
cheers pete, still puzzled how they got away with what seems like large scale copyright theft, i remember the pound shops selling dodgy triple bills of bela lugosi movies and old tv shows i am pretty sure i picked up all of the horror triple bills
Old 17th July 2011, 06:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
cheers pete, still puzzled how they got away with what seems like large scale copyright theft, i remember the pound shops selling dodgy triple bills of bela lugosi movies and old tv shows i am pretty sure i picked up all of the horror triple bills
Those triples were fun, most of the flicks were Public Domain. I guess if owners can't be arsed(discs can normally be stopped by lawyers, unlike the net where you have to practically unplug the server to get downloads stopped) 23rd might have had temporary licenses(couple of years at most) to stamp em, haven't seen any new stuff from em in ages. They do have a legit business address( or maybe had) in Manchester I think.
Old 17th July 2011, 06:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Apparently Trading Standards got on to them and shut them down. Many of their titles had already been released on DVD here.
Old 17th July 2011, 06:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I remember my sister buying 23rd Century diiscs of Massacre at Central High, Alice Sweet Alice, Drive-On Massacre and City of the Living Dead on eBay years ago. Really enjoyed loaning them form her, crappy quality and all.
Old 17th July 2011, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tell her to keep hold of ALICE, SWEET, ALICE as it's the full uncut version. (the Anchor Bay release had been tampered with by the director or something)
Old 17th July 2011, 06:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Tell her to keep hold of ALICE, SWEET, ALICE as it's the full uncut version. (the Anchor Bay release had been tampered with by the director or something)
Ah, is that right? Interesting. I can't imagine she'll bother watching them again anyway - might see if I can keep it, would like to see it again.
Old 17th July 2011, 09:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Those triples were fun, most of the flicks were Public Domain. I guess if owners can't be arsed(discs can normally be stopped by lawyers, unlike the net where you have to practically unplug the server to get downloads stopped) 23rd might have had temporary licenses(couple of years at most) to stamp em, haven't seen any new stuff from em in ages. They do have a legit business address( or maybe had) in Manchester I think.
i remember karloff's the ghoul on one of the triples was a cheeky rip as it had mgm logo on at beginning , i think most of titles were public domain though
Old 17th July 2011, 09:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default 23rd

Quote:
cool i have that one the releases usually have original posters but the cover for that is terrible , 23rd century fly by night merchants by the sound of it i think it'd be near impossible to get full list of releases as new titles keep popping up on this thread, but been having fun looking out for these cheap introductions to cool movies a few titles i'd have to pay a lot more for. i dont like copies with dark picture quality and bad sound but a few lines give it a grindhouse quality that i like.

Like this? Share it using the links below!