Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Full Moon Entertainent (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6241-full-moon-entertainent.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 07:40 PM

Full Moon Entertainent

9 Attachment(s)
Full Moon Entertainment (now Full Moon Features), Charles Band's successor to Empire Pictures) released some classic straight to video films during the 90's and has recently come back with a vengeance in the last few years (admittedly, with nowhere near the level of awesomness as the heyday of the company, but with still watchable films). Do we have any fans of the company here? What are your favourite films they released? What would you like to see more sequels to? What was your favourite artwork they had? To jog your memories, here's some of the films they released.....

Pete 19th July 2011 07:45 PM

I always avoided Full Moon product due to the fact that most of it was available over here on the Film 2000 label and I assumed it would be crap.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 167168)
I always avoided Full Moon product due to the fact that most of it was available over here on the Film 2000 label and I assumed it would be crap.

During the 90's, Full moon movies were distributed in the US and UK by Paramount. Dont let the crappy Film 2000 releases put you off Pete.

nekromantik 19th July 2011 07:49 PM

Puppet Master rules!!

Pete 19th July 2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 167170)
During the 90's, Full moon movies were distributed in the US and UK by Paramount. Dont let the crappy Film 2000 releases put you off Pete.

From Paramount to Film 2000. What went wrong there?!

I might give them a chance and order a few. :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 167170)

One of the reasons I didn't-although I did own the Puppet Master films on VHS.

Looks like I'll need to investigate further....what's the best place to start Stephen?

I own THE ALCHEMIST,which was directed by Charles Band on the shitty VI (Which stands for VIDEOTRANSFERONTHISDISCIDIOT) label,but has the nice Videoform artwork.
This deserves a half decent dvd release.:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 07:55 PM

What 'label' did Trancers fall under Stephen?

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 167174)
From Paramount to Film 2000. What went wrong there?!

I might give them a chance and order a few. :)

Not exactly sure why the distribution deal with Paramount came to an end.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 167179)
What 'label' did Trancers fall under Stephen?

Trancers was Empire Pictures Reaper. Trancers 2 -6 were Full Moon and Trancers 6 is to be avoided at all cost though, Zero budget and they couldn't even afford Tim Thomerson. Thank god Full Moon got back on their feet in the mid noughties!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 08:00 PM

Old Jack Deth giving Myers,Krueger and Voorhees a run for their money?:happy: