Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2008, 11:19 AM
Ex-member

Music Zone (RIP) used to be stuffed with Dead Of Night titles.
Old 10th August 2008, 06:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Yes. I do believe it captures the overall Z-Grade look and feel of the films. The cover - like Vipco - make it feel like the DVD inside is:
"So shocking, we cannot legally put any of the images on this DVD as the front cover."
- In the same way that these films were originally intended to sell.

There used to be a Music Zone in Rotherham, although I can't remember any Dead of Night. How much were they there?

Last edited by Rosegarth; 10th August 2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10th August 2008, 07:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

Myself I think they're a load of crap.
Old 11th August 2008, 07:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Seen all the films in a ten set box yesterday-it was HMV!-Wasn't DEAD OF NIGHT label though....someone else must've got the bootleg rights now....
Vipp likes this.
Old 11th August 2008, 08:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's listed under the SHOCK HORROR COLLECTION on amazon,and begging your pardon,it IS DEAD OF NIGHT......
Old 13th August 2008, 12:23 PM
Cult Rookie

I have searched for the box set on Amazon. It seems to have picked the worst half of the complete Dead of Night Collection. All the films are there are easily forgettable, none of the classics.

How much was the boxset at HMV, and how can I distinguish it from the rest of the box sets in the Horror section?
Old 13th August 2008, 12:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

I wouldn't pay money for these dvds, I used to but that was when DVD was new and exciting.
Old 13th August 2008, 06:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosegarth View Post
I have searched for the box set on Amazon. It seems to have picked the worst half of the complete Dead of Night Collection. All the films are there are easily forgettable, none of the classics.

How much was the boxset at HMV, and how can I distinguish it from the rest of the box sets in the Horror section?
Twenty quid-listed alphabetically mate....
I know how you feel mate-some folk wanted to stick me in a straight-jacket for collecting Vipco's 'Vaults'-artwork's excellent-films are shite quality..
But,hey,everyone to their own......
Vipp likes this.
Old 13th August 2008, 07:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Anyone seen curse of the demon mountain?
Play trade had it for a couple of quid,but the pg cert was kinda putting me off.
Their night of the beast went black about 10 mins from the end of the film,and that was it.Dunno if all the copies were like this,or if i was just unlucky.
Film was still shite though!
Old 13th August 2008, 09:52 PM
Cult Rookie

I watched Night of the Beast two days ago. It took me all afternoon to sit through the pointless nudity and expressionless acting. The story, was fairly decent for a Straight-to-Video release. But there was no traces of violence on-screen, just consistent nudity throughout. Afterwards I was amazed to discover, that it was filmed in 1993. And it did flicker into black at seemingly random intervals, although only for a brief second or two. Actually it added a little more excitement to the film.

The PG certificate on Curse of the Demon Mountain has me interested in adding it to my collection. It can't be any worse than some of the others in the Dead of Nights unpredictable and genre swirling collection.

DVD's are still new and exciting. Although I don't mind about a VHS or DVD copy of any film, it just depends which is cheaper and easier to own.

And finally. I too love the Vipco covers. It helps to distinguish them from the rest of the shite while I'm trolling through Cex. At the bargain section and throughout.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Last edited by Rosegarth; 13th August 2008 at 09:54 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!