All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2008, 04:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
Anyone seen curse of the demon mountain?
Play trade had it for a couple of quid,but the pg cert was kinda putting me off.
Their night of the beast went black about 10 mins from the end of the film,and that was it.Dunno if all the copies were like this,or if i was just unlucky.
Film was still shite though!
The Curse Of Demon Mountain (aka Wishbone Cutter or Shadow Of Chikara as it was called on BBC 1 & the Hokushi video release) looks lousy on the Dead Of Night dvd, which is a shame as it's an interesting little effort.The dvd I bought was uncut though despite supposedly receiving compulsory BBFC cuts.
Old 12th January 2014, 11:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

So did anyone manage to get the complete set? This thread was last updated in 2009 so it's like a time machine. It would be nice to know who produced these dvd's also.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 13th January 2014, 01:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
So did anyone manage to get the complete set? This thread was last updated in 2009 so it's like a time machine. It would be nice to know who produced these dvd's also.
I'm guessing the quality is pretty much the same a the old VIPCO DVD's .
Vipp likes this.
Old 13th January 2014, 01:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
It would be nice to know who produced these dvd's also.
Like Beyond Terror, the Dead Of Night label is an imprint of Cornerstone Media.
Vipp and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 13th January 2014, 01:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I always enjoyed the vipco dvds because i grew up with pirate VHS and to be fair drawing a film with crayons usually looked better than pirate VHS. however you are right, these films aint great to be honest. having said that i haven't seen all of them. Chopping Mall isn't bad, the audio is at least balanced and clear and the transfer looks to be somewhere between cheap dvd and upscaled VHS.
Boo Radley and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 13th January 2014, 05:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I always enjoyed the vipco dvds because i grew up with pirate VHS and to be fair drawing a film with crayons usually looked better than pirate VHS. however you are right, these films aint great to be honest. having said that i haven't seen all of them. Chopping Mall isn't bad, the audio is at least balanced and clear and the transfer looks to be somewhere between cheap dvd and upscaled VHS.
It's so refreshing to read your comments and see you're quite happy to watch something that's not quite perfect. People forget very quickly that not that long ago the only way to see some films was a 9th generation muzzy vhs tape. And we were delighted we'd actually "seen" it!
Nowadays one speckle here or there and there are full blown tantrums proclaiming it "unwatchable!"
Good on yer'!
Old 14th January 2014, 08:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
It's so refreshing to read your comments and see you're quite happy to watch something that's not quite perfect. People forget very quickly that not that long ago the only way to see some films was a 9th generation muzzy vhs tape. And we were delighted we'd actually "seen" it!
Nowadays one speckle here or there and there are full blown tantrums proclaiming it "unwatchable!"
Good on yer'!
Thanks Boo, i appreciate that message. I love horror film mate, at one point all i had to watch them on was a tine tv/radio combo in black and white Haha but the important thing was i got to see my favorite creatures come to life at the press of a button. I do also like some Blu-Ray films because they look nice, especially my kubrick films.

ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 14th January 2014, 09:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Chopping Mall isn't bad, the audio is at least balanced and clear and the transfer looks to be somewhere between cheap dvd and upscaled VHS.
I have to see it! I can't say "no" to a film call 'Chopping Mall"!!!
Vipp likes this.
Old 14th January 2014, 10:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I have to see it! I can't say "no" to a film call 'Chopping Mall"!!!
Me and a friend had a 'Chopping Mall and Pizza Friday' once a month for around two years HAHA! it is exactly how RoboCop isn't. What would be fun is if Kyle could set up a Cult Labs forum tweet along for us. i'd like that.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 11th February 2016, 09:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's been a while since I posted here and I'm still wondering how to go about finding out if I have every title they released (because the numbers went silly at the end of the collection) Also as mentioned above there was a Shock Horror set with the Dead of night dvd's in the box... it's now a whopping £25!

This is my set, has anyone got any advice on finding out if it's complete? Thanks guys!

*I also made a video! you can watch it here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dead pof ight ebay.jpg (21.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg poorly edited Dead of Night collection dvds.jpg (104.0 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Vipp; 12th February 2016 at 08:16 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!