Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2019, 07:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Loads of people on bluray forums have said the same thing, i think they're just pre-auth payments, it happens with Arrow and WowHD every now and then too.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th May 2019, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is the email, just checked again and it took me to my order page, so it’s legit

IMG_0169.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th May 2019, 11:29 PM
Active Cultist

I had exactly the same issue.. but all ok now.
Old 16th May 2019, 10:37 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
This is the email, just checked again and it took me to my order page, so it’s legit

Attachment 214985
The thing is that's the very thing Amazons terms and conditions say they never do.

They say if something needs verifying it will be done when you are next in your account.

Quote:
Note: Amazon will never ask for personal information to be supplied by e-mail.

Requests to update payment information through a link in the e-mail. Emails from Amazon will never request you to update payment information via a link. Instead, we would include instructions on how to verify your account information, including payment options, through the Amazon.co.uk website.
Who sent the email in the first place? ie - the web address? I can tell right away if it's legit.
Old 16th May 2019, 10:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The thing is that's the very thing Amazons terms and conditions say they never do.

They say if something needs verifying it will be done when you are next in your account.

Who sent the email in the first place? ie - the web address? I can tell right away if it's legit.
no-reply@amazon.co.uk

As soon as I went into my orders the notice was there, like I said above, I didn’t use the link in the email just in case it was dodgy despite it taking me to my account
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th May 2019, 11:09 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
no-reply@amazon.co.uk

As soon as I went into my orders the notice was there, like I said above, I didn’t use the link in the email just in case it was dodgy despite it taking me to my account
That's just the link not the web address.

Just be careful and keep an eye on your statements.

On emails you should be able to see who sent them. For example i have a tracking notice from Amazon for an order that will arrive today. It was sent by bounces.amazon.co.uk. It has a word and the . before amazon.co.uk as their terms say it will.
Old 16th May 2019, 11:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
That's just the link not the web address.

Just be careful and keep an eye on your statements.
That’s just what’s on the top of the email. If I click on it it opens up any other emails I’ve had from Amazon in the past. I’ve emailed customer service via the website just to make sure, but like Justin says there’s others on Blu-rage that are in the same boat
Old 16th May 2019, 11:14 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
That’s just what’s on the top of the email. If I click on it it opens up any other emails I’ve had from Amazon in the past. I’ve emailed customer service via the website just to make sure, but like Justin says there’s others on Blu-rage that are in the same boat
That's natural though. Scammers don't just hit one or two people.

It probably is legit, but i've been a customer since the year 2000 and it's never happened to me.
Old 16th May 2019, 11:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
That's natural though. Scammers don't just hit one or two people.

It probably is legit, but i've been a customer since the year 2000 and it's never happened to me.
It’s a first for me too. I’m with Santander and if there’s any transactions that they don’t recognise or think are dodgy, they block them and ring me to ask me to confirm or deny them, they’re pretty good like that. It’s too early for the transaction to show on my account but a bit of simple maths told me it was for the exact amount of the order
Old 16th May 2019, 11:26 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It’s a first for me too. I’m with Santander and if there’s any transactions that they don’t recognise or think are dodgy, they block them and ring me to ask me to confirm or deny them, they’re pretty good like that. It’s too early for the transaction to show on my account but a bit of simple maths told me it was for the exact amount of the order
If it was a scam that's what would happen. A lot of payments all for a small amount.

Anyway i've been digging because naturally no one gives the full story on here.

It's probably because it was initially paid for using a now retired card. Not sure why anyone would pre order something a year in advance.

Like this? Share it using the links below!