Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2011, 07:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I know Goodbye Gemini has all the R1 extras plus exclusive on set footage and a booklet. While Girly is missing some of the extras from the Scorpion release.
The Statue's transfer was licensed from CR according to Bill,so I guess they licensed the rest as well.
Old 21st September 2011, 07:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
As usual, this is highly subjective, but as a help for the uninitiated, I recommend the following from their Horror range:

You can’t go wrong with these:
- Hatchet for the Honeymoon
- Witchfinder General
- Isle of the Dead
- The Body Snatcher
- Dr Terror’s House of Horrors

If you’ve got money left, try these as well:
- Blood On Satan’s Claw
- Bedlam
- The Black Torment
- The Flesh and Blood Show
- Sweeney Todd – The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Greetings!
Nice list but I would certainly add Girly and Frightmare.
Slippery Jack and Demoncrat like this.
Old 24th September 2011, 10:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

I actually just received my first Odeon release in the post this morning - Secrets of Sex.

[IMG][/IMG]

I've been wanting to see this after reading about it at the British Horror website, and after checking out the blurb on the DVD, I have to say it sounds, er, mental, quite frankly. Looking forward to sitting down and watching it.
Old 24th September 2011, 11:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Give it a review on here when you watch it DD.
Old 25th September 2011, 02:57 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
A British film starring Vicki Michelle (Allo, Allo) and her sister Anne who are enticed to a large mansion house on a modelling assignment. However all is not what it seems as the mansion is a residence for a witches coven who prey on the two sisters.

The film is full of naked girls, kinky sex, and orgiastic witchcraft. The film was originally banned by the British censors.

...and yes Vicki does get fully naked.
The copious nudity is it's only saving grace, if you can call it that. It's a bit of a turgid film. Your synopsis makes it actually sound way better than it is.
Old 25th September 2011, 08:35 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I have the old US Synapse dvd (as Bizarre).
Does the UK dvd also have Balch’s early black & white experimental short films – “Towers Open Fire” (1963) and “The Cut Ups” (1966) – which feature author William S. Burroughs as an actor?
Old 25th September 2011, 01:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I have the old US Synapse dvd (as Bizarre).
Does the UK dvd also have Balch’s early black & white experimental short films – “Towers Open Fire” (1963) and “The Cut Ups” (1966) – which feature author William S. Burroughs as an actor?
It appears to be a direct port of the Synapse disc, although it does have a few extra trailers for other Odeon 'Slap and Tickle' releases. I have just had a quick watch of the first 10 minutes or so, and the picture quality is excellent. It actually appears to be more of an art house film in my opinion, with some great visual imagery, and I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching the full thing!
Old 17th January 2012, 07:17 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Free film.

My order for Mermaids of Tiburon arrived today.

Inside is a card to fill in asking you which films you would like to see Odeon release and which genre you are interested in. I would guess the card is in all of Odeon's 2012 new releases.

If you fill it in and send it back you will recieve a new dvd which is not currently available of a 1945 RKO pictures film called Step by Step.

The film stars Lawrence Tierney (Reservoir Dogs) and its brief synopsis is as follows - Johnny, an ex-marine, and Evelyn, a chance acquaintance, find themselves caught up in a Nazi spy ring in California.

Fyi i picked The Ghoul, The Mutations, and What Became of Jack and Jill as three films i would like to see released off the top of my head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26344551.jpg (32.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Odnf308.jpg (40.0 KB, 102 views)
bdc, Gojirosan, Wes and 3 others like this.
Old 18th January 2012, 06:36 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
My order for Mermaids of Tiburon arrived today.

Inside is a card to fill in asking you which films you would like to see Odeon release and which genre you are interested in. I would guess the card is in all of Odeon's 2012 new releases.

If you fill it in and send it back you will recieve a new dvd which is not currently available of a 1945 RKO pictures film called Step by Step.

The film stars Lawrence Tierney (Reservoir Dogs) and its brief synopsis is as follows - Johnny, an ex-marine, and Evelyn, a chance acquaintance, find themselves caught up in a Nazi spy ring in California.

Fyi i picked The Ghoul, The Mutations, and What Became of Jack and Jill as three films i would like to see released off the top of my head.
Excellent call on The Mutations. Anyone remember one from the same era called Gargoyles? Haunts me from childhood but I realise it's probably crap now!i
Old 18th January 2012, 06:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
Excellent call on The Mutations. Anyone remember one from the same era called Gargoyles? Haunts me from childhood but I realise it's probably crap now!i
Gargoyles, the early 70s TV film? I am dying for a release of this! TV horror is a passion of mine. Too few classics are available. I am hoping that the release of Dark Night Of The Scarecrow is an indicator of things to come. Gargoyles would be a wonderful release.

I'm still hoping that Warners will see it in their hearts to tart up Bad Ronald, Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark and several others too...

Like this? Share it using the links below!