Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2015, 04:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Exposure web site isn't down, at least in a gone missing way. It says it is being renovated and is an official page - That's not quite like a website being down.
Old 7th August 2015, 04:45 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRange View Post
Does anyone know what's happening with the Exposure Cinema label? I was looking at my Stage Fright Blu Ray last night and noticed the '1' on the spine, so I thought I'd check to see if they've released any more in the line but I can't find anything. Their website seems to be down, so I'm guessing Stage Fright was the only one?
It was discussed Elsewhere. I think one popular theory is that sales of Stagefright were pretty weak as a lot of people seemed to opt for the Blue Underground release. Shame really as I think exposures was the better release.
Old 7th August 2015, 06:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Exposure licensed four films which they teased back in 2013, presumably they thought they were getting beautiful HD transfers which of course they didn't. They struggled to get Stagefright to release so they sub licensed or sold the rights to Zombi Holocaust and Burial Ground to 88. No one ever worked out what the fourth title was though so they could possibly release it yet.

The main problem was they released their edition two weeks before Blue Underground did, by the time the Exposure edition was in the shops reviews had already appeared for the Blue Underground edition. What are cult film fans going to trust a well know respected label or a tiny UK indie?
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th August 2015, 07:58 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Exposure licensed four films which they teased back in 2013, presumably they thought they were getting beautiful HD transfers which of course they didn't. They struggled to get Stagefright to release so they sub licensed or sold the rights to Zombi Holocaust and Burial Ground to 88. No one ever worked out what the fourth title was though so they could possibly release it yet.

The main problem was they released their edition two weeks before Blue Underground did, by the time the Exposure edition was in the shops reviews had already appeared for the Blue Underground edition. What are cult film fans going to trust a well know respected label or a tiny UK indie?
A fair point. Especially given the precarious nature of the quality of Italian titles transfer wise. Personally I would prefer to chance a smaller UK indie label, the sleeve art was a big factor in my decision to go with the exposure release as was the extras and after checking out my friends bu release I feel my decision was the right one. Basically I do feel smaller labels need to be given a chance otherwise we may end up relying too much on U.S & European releases.
Gold6082 likes this.
Old 8th August 2015, 08:29 AM
Cultist

I am a proud owner of Exposure's release of Stage Fright. I must admit, I haven't checked out the Blue Underground release, but as the saying goes:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

That being said, I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to pick up a copy if it was crazy cheap.
keirarts likes this.

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv

Like this? Share it using the links below!