Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The NUCLEUS FILMS thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/8226-nucleus-films-thread.html)

keirarts 13th April 2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 528105)
The Nucleus dvd looks great anyway. Anyone who buys the film won't be disappointed.

The US aniversary edition looks reasonable as well. lots of bonus features. I think its a film that does not benefit from Blu-ray. Like Maniac.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th April 2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 528106)
The US aniversary edition looks reasonable as well. lots of bonus features. I think its a film that does not benefit from Blu-ray. Like Maniac.

Plus of course you get Death Dream as well with Nucleus. :clap:

Rik 13th April 2017 04:48 PM

Your review has actually made me want to give Children Shouldn't Play another go, I never made it to the end last time, skipping to Deathdream instead :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th April 2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 528109)
Your review has actually made me want to give Children Shouldn't Play another go, I never made it to the end last time, skipping to Deathdream instead :nod:

Makes my efforts worthwhile then, cheers Rik. :)

Rik 13th April 2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 528111)
Makes my efforts worthwhile then, cheers Rik. :)

Could bite you on the arse though, if I think it's just as dull and shite as last time I tried watching it :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th April 2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 528106)
The US aniversary edition looks reasonable as well. lots of bonus features.

That's the release I have.

http://dv1.us/p1/079/101079-d0.jpg

It drives my grammar nodes crazy though that it says 'Your invited' rather than 'You're invited'. :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th April 2017 03:44 PM

Despite my earlier post on the contrary, I just realised I have the Nucleus release, because it was one of the perks from the Indiegogo campaign. I haven't watched it yet, but will probably do so this weekend because a) it is unwatched and b) Demdike has piqued my interest.

JAMIOUSE 18th April 2017 05:52 PM

Cult Epics Indiegogo campaign are offering a blu of Death Laid An Egg as one of their perks, the directors cut. Is this the same version and master that Marc Morris has been working on or has the licensor already started selling the rights off to other territories?

keirarts 19th April 2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 528952)
Cult Epics Indiegogo campaign are offering a blu of Death Laid An Egg as one of their perks, the directors cut. Is this the same version and master that Marc Morris has been working on or has the licensor already started selling the rights off to other territories?

No sale. I'll stick with nucleus.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th April 2017 06:34 PM

Likewise.

Rik 14th May 2017 04:50 PM

Update from the Indiegogo campaign, really looking forward to these releases as I've never seen either before :nod:

"Nucleus Films Campaign Update

Apologies for the lack of updates for a while, but we've been very busy working on these releases and they are shaping up beautifully.

We recently had an update from the Italian lab, advising us that the Lady Frankenstein restoration is nearly complete. We hope to receive the master within the next four to six weeks. We really had no idea the amount of time and effort this master has taken to painstakingly restore. We'll post screen captures as soon as it arrives at the Nucleus Films HQ. We can then begin the task of authoring both discs and eventually get them out to you all!"

Rest assured, in the meantime we've been very busy shooting brand new extras for both titles. We also just completed the scanning and restoration of the beautiful set of Italian fotobustas for Lady Frankenstein, which we have attached to this update.

We're desperately searching for a complete set of Italian fotobustas and posters for Death Laid an Egg/La morte ha fatto l'uovo. Also searching for UK quad posters for Lady Frankenstein. Can you help? We will happily scan any materials supplied and return them.

Or if you have anything else from around the world (posters, still, artwork, articles) you feel would be a worthwhile addition to these discs, then please get in touch, as we'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for your patience,
Marc & Jake
Nucleus Films Ltd

JAMIOUSE 18th May 2017 05:37 PM

It looks like Nucleus are releasing Eurocrime!
EUROCRIME! THE ITALIAN COP & GANGSTER FILMS THAT RULED THE '70S | British Board of Film Classification

Rik 19th July 2017 06:14 PM

Indiegogo update:

"Exciting news!

Today we received the brand new restored master of LADY FRANKENSTEIN! We'll be doing some checks to see if everything is there, and will report back shortly with comments and screencaps.

We'd like to offer our sincere thanks for your patience on this project, which has sadly taken much longer than we anticipated - but it will be well worth the wait!

We can now finally get cracking with audio commentaries, and then onto Blu-ray disc authoring etc.

Once again, thank you all!

Marc & Jake

Nucleus Films Ltd"

Justin101 19th July 2017 06:53 PM

I forgot about these :lol:
Will be good to finally get them.

JAMIOUSE 19th July 2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 534240)

If you haven't already got the US release the UK one is currently only £7.99 on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eurocrime-I...angsters+films

Rik 19th July 2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 542644)
I forgot about these :lol:

Will be good to finally get them.

Me too, until they post an update :lol:

nosferatu42 19th July 2017 07:11 PM

What's going on with the egg film though?

JAMIOUSE 19th July 2017 07:13 PM

I think from their last update they've received the master from Italy complete with an extra 18 minutes of footage and they were working on extras. It will eventually be presented to the BBFC for them to pass judgement.

Justin101 19th July 2017 07:20 PM

Yeah, they're on track with Death Laid and Egg, it was Lady Frankenstein which has been holding things up!

nosferatu42 19th July 2017 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool it's the egg one i'm after.
I just love eggs me.;)

Attachment 192713

Rik 19th July 2017 08:03 PM

Normally I'd be annoyed at the fact they've had my money since October, like when you preorder from Arrow and stuff gets delayed and then sent out after Amazon etc, but seeing as I've not seen either film and my money helped get these made, I'm fine with waiting longer than anticipated :nod:

And, £27 for two exclusive BDs is a bargain really :thumb:

Marc Morris 20th July 2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 542649)
If you haven't already got the US release the UK one is currently only £7.99 on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eurocrime-I...angsters+films

And the US release doesn't include over 100 minutes of Eurocrime trailers, unlike the Nucleus release :)

keirarts 20th July 2017 12:58 PM

I'd rather order UK releases where possible.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th July 2017 03:42 PM

An email update:

Lady Frankenstein - Update

We've now checked through the new masterm and we're happy to confirm that ours is the most complete version ever seen of this movie. It clocks in at exactly 99 minutes at 24fps! It's more complete than the Shout Factory DVD (yes, even including those awful inserts) and is also more complete than the super-rare Danish VHS, which was previously considered the most complete version out there!

You want more? We also have the never-before-seen Italian theatrical trailer, and alternative clothed inserts which were most likely produced for the Spanish release. And we also have the original Italian and English opening and closing credits.

The reason this restoration took much longer was because the original negative had originally suffered Italian film censor cuts, and it took a lot longer locating those missing snippets of nudity etc. But now they're all back.

Here are a few frame grabs to whet your appetites...
Marc & Jake
Nucleus Films

JAMIOUSE 20th July 2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 542740)
And the US release doesn't include over 100 minutes of Eurocrime trailers, unlike the Nucleus release :)

Is this definitely out on Monday Marc? I've always wondered why you guys never did a Grindhouse Trailer disc of only Eurocult titles.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th July 2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 542789)
Is this definitely out on Monday Marc? I've always wondered why you guys never did a Grindhouse Trailer disc of only Eurocult titles.

Yes. It's £7.99 to preorder via HMV.

Susan Foreman 20th July 2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 542774)
An email update:

Lady Frankenstein - Update

Here are a few frame grabs to whet your appetites...
Marc & Jake
Nucleus Films

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...84&oe=59C4C4C0 https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2e&oe=59F5C95A https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4e&oe=59F8808C https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f0&oe=59FD04C7

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th July 2017 06:29 PM

Thanks for adding those – I couldn't find a way of doing it from my email.

Rob4 20th July 2017 08:13 PM

are the screenshots SD or HD?

Rob4 28th July 2017 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
announced on Cave of Cult for 23 Oct. according to the BBFC this version runs at 118 mins which is considerably longer than the equivalent Redemption US release at 93 mins - can't help thinking it must be a mistake?

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 543994)
announced on Cave of Cult for 23 Oct

Yeah, someone posted the cover elsewhere on the forum a few days ago. It should have been in this thread, but there you go. You just can't get the forum members these days. :lol:

Love the artwork. :nod:

Rob4 28th July 2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 543995)
Yeah, someone posted the cover elsewhere on the forum a few days ago. It should have been in this thread, but there you go. You just can't get the forum members these days. :lol:

Love the artwork. :nod:

yeah, thought the The European Cult Cinema Collection banner was interesting too. more to come? looks like Redemption are hawking their titles around a few UK labels.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 543999)
yeah, thought the The European Cult Cinema Collection banner was interesting too. more to come? looks like Redemption are hawking their titles around a few UK labels.

Have you seen it before, Rob?

I quite like the film but then i'm a sucker for this Gothic exploitation stuff.

It was one of the few Redemption releases with a decent cover too.

Rob4 28th July 2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 544001)
Have you seen it before, Rob?

I quite like the film but then i'm a sucker for this Gothic exploitation stuff.

It was one of the few Redemption releases with a decent cover too.

that is a very nice cover ;)

no i've not seen this one so looking forward to it. although the 'to buy' list just keeps getting longer and longer so when is another matter :confused:

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 544005)
that is a very nice cover ;)

no i've not seen this one so looking forward to it. although the 'to buy' list just keeps getting longer and longer so when is another matter :confused:

I'd make it high priority as Anne Libert and Britt Nicholls are well worth investing in. ;)

See Dracula's Daughter for more of luscious Libert.

Justin101 28th July 2017 04:30 PM

I'll have a quick look in the Stephen Thrower book when I get home regarding running times!

Justin101 28th July 2017 04:44 PM

The Redemption BD runs to 118 mins according to Stephen Thrower and is the longest known version.

keirarts 28th July 2017 05:02 PM

Yes, I think the Redemption release and the nucleus release are both the same fully uncut releases. Agonising as I own the Redemption release but really want to support nucleus.

Justin101 28th July 2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 544022)
Yes, I think the Redemption release and the nucleus release are both the same fully uncut releases. Agonising as I own the Redemption release but really want to support nucleus.

Let's hope they don't have spine numbers or a spine builder :lol: If I run a cult label they'd have both of those things - guaranteed sales :lol:

keirarts 28th July 2017 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 544024)
Let's hope they don't have spine numbers or a spine builder :lol: If I run a cult label they'd have both of those things - guaranteed sales :lol:

Attachment 193143