Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The NUCLEUS FILMS thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/8226-nucleus-films-thread.html)

Daemonia 14th November 2012 12:04 PM

It is incredible. And we're still suffering the legacy. David Alton did manage to make one fundamental change - and that was an amendment within the Criminal Justice Bill 1994 that required the BBFC to take into account 'psychological harm'. Boy, these films must be far more dangerous than we first imagined, eh?

Wes 14th November 2012 12:09 PM

If I'm remembering it rightly, there's that astonishing moment in the Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape documentary where one MP warns that the films in question were harmful to dogs (?)

Gojirosan 14th November 2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 292250)
It is incredible. And we're still suffering the legacy. David Alton did manage to make one fundamental change - and that was an amendment within the Criminal Justice Bill 1994 that required the BBFC to take into account 'psychological harm'. Boy, these films must be far more dangerous than we first imagined, eh?

Well you can tell that by all those murdering and raping BBFC examiners there have been...

Wes 14th November 2012 12:40 PM

My mind boggles at what's gonna be on the next installment of the Grindhouse series - I would have thought we have seen almost everything by now !

PaulD 14th November 2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 292251)
If I'm remembering it rightly, there's that astonishing moment in the Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape documentary where one MP warns that the films in question were harmful to dogs (?)

And I remember correctly he's talking about how this is something that research currently undertaken should prove making his claim even more spurious and absurd.

Wes 14th November 2012 12:48 PM

I think what makes the documentary so important for future study is that it's a testament to how crazy, how paranoid, how fearful the times were. Even a decade later no one could ever have foreseen a day when Last House on the Left would ever be legally shown in the UK...

harryd 24th November 2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

He also said he believed that some of them actually killed people in their films...absolute nutcase

Paul@TheOverlook 24th November 2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

You're not mistaken, it was the ironically named Graham Bright, Wes.

PaulD 24th November 2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 295123)

That guy is such a jackass. His snug sense of pride is really sickening

Daemonia 25th November 2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 295123)

Yeah, he doesn't exactly live up to his name... :lol:

But the amazing thing about that documentary is that he still believes he's right. :crazy: