Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The NUCLEUS FILMS thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/8226-nucleus-films-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd September 2017 11:50 AM

It shouldn't be a problem, but I am still (figuratively) keeping my fingers crossed for an uncut 18 release, though 15 is more likely because I can't recall any sexual violence in the film, the one thing which would normally push a film into the 18 classification.

Demoncrat 3rd September 2017 05:46 PM

20th?
Just in time for my birthday then.
:dance:

Susan Foreman 4th November 2017 06:43 PM

It's been confirmed that 'Lady Frankenstein' has been passed '15' uncut "for strong sex, violence"

SilverSurfer 5th November 2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 548894)

Original 74 minute French "nude" version with choice of French or English audio and optional English subtitles

Alternate 87 minute Spanish language "clothed" version with additional Lina Romay inserts and optional English subtitles

They should have merge the two versions to make up one extended version.:(

keirarts 5th November 2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 556625)
They should have merge the two versions to make up one extended version.:(

How? If it has the same scenes clothes and unclothed wouldnt that look odd? Also why was Francos preferred cut? I'm all for definitive versions but it also important not to have versions with everything jammed together. Look at that integral cut of re-animator, it's got everything cut into the movie and it's dreadful.

SilverSurfer 5th November 2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 556631)
How? If it has the same scenes clothes and unclothed wouldnt that look odd?

If the running time was down to " clothes and unclothed " then yes it would be but was there other scenes not in the other one? Were there really 13mins of clothe scenes and not other scenes they could include too?

Daemonia 6th November 2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 556639)
If the running time was down to " clothes and unclothed " then yes it would be but was there other scenes not in the other one? Were there really 13mins of clothe scenes and not other scenes they could include too?

The two versions are entirely separate entities. It's good to have both for the sake of comparison - and to also own both versions of the film.

What you're suggesting is mashing them together which would, in effect, create a third version of the film which has never existed before. So the disc would then need to house 3 versions of the film which, from a business viewpoint, probably doesn't make sense. The time and effort involved compared to final sales probably means it's not worth doing.

Boo Radley 22nd November 2017 05:51 PM

Does anyone have any update info on the Indiegogo project? Not complaining or anything, happy to wait, just interested as I realized I don't have a Scooby as to where they are in the process. All I know is they both got passed by the BBFC uncut. :thankingyou:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd November 2017 06:03 PM

They posted an update on the 21st November:

Quote:

Blu-ray update!

Just a quick update - we're hard at work on both discs, and we're currently putting the finishing touches to the extensive image galleries for both discs. Here's a sample of our home video releases gallery for Death Laid an Egg, which is almost complete! You'll love the stuff we've manage to locate for these.

https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...7zpkbjrh8q.jpg

Marc & Jake

Boo Radley 22nd November 2017 06:06 PM

Cheers Biz. Must have missed that somehow!