Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2018, 11:36 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Anymore of this trolling and Silver Surfer will be looking for another forum to annoy.
Nosferatu@Cult Labs and Rik like this.
Old 1st February 2018, 11:42 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
yes, but generally if someone voices a differing opinion then its going to get challenged.
Which is what I did.

I think every film/documentary etc etc should be challenged,Some will agree and some not.

I felt (and still do ) that the main video nasties documentary had major faults with it and have expressed my opinions on it,wether people agree or disagree with my opinion is entirely up to them and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Correct, and we all have different opinions otherwise it would be a boring place

diverting the main purpose of this thread which is to discuss releases by Nucleus Films
The documentaries were released by Nucleus Films (an old release but still a release and a release still available too) and that is what's being discussed?
Old 1st February 2018, 11:48 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post

I felt (and still do ) that the main video nasties documentary had major faults with it and have expressed my opinions on it,wether people agree or disagree with my opinion is entirely up to them and vice versa.

Nobody is suggesting you are right or wrong with your opinions on the documentaries.

What comes across as trolling is your insistence Bright says 'Adults' when everyone on here knows he says 'dogs'. Not one person has suggested you may be correct in this assumption.

Anyway we'll let it rest now. Please don't reply to this post.
Old 1st February 2018, 11:49 AM
Cult Master

The Evil Dead, The Living Dead and the dead wrong: New DVD celebrates the 80s heyday of video nasties - a genre that didn't quite corrupt the nation's youth … or its dogs | The Gurdian

Paragraph #5: "Whitehouse had previously and largely ineffectively railed against such TV shows as Doctor Who, Benny Hill and the works of the great television dramatist Dennis Potter. Here, however, was a new campaign: on a topic most people knew even less about than she did. "I have never seen a video nasty … I actually don't need to see visually what I know is in that film," she proudly proclaimed to Nick Owen on TV-am. Most people refused to take her seriously, but that was a big mistake. Before long, others had joined Whitehouse's crusade or taken up a similar, self-righteous path. Conservative MP Sir Graham Bright was another key player. Here was a man who said, on camera, "I believe there is research taking place and it will show that these films not only affect young people but I believe they affect dogs as well." It's a statement more shocking and horrifying than anything you'll find in any of the 72 films decreed by the government to be officially "nasty"."
Rik and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st February 2018, 12:53 PM
Ex-member

Review: VIDEO NASTIES: Moral Panic, Censorship, and Video Tape

Regarding the documentary review only

"For me, the more interesting part of the story was the history of the evolution of the Video Nasty legislation. West and Morris have, to their credit, brought along voices from both sides of the argument.

95% Anti censorship people are interviewed in the documentary.

5% Pro censorship are interviewed in the documentary.

The Writers/Director/Producer/Editor/Distributer of said Documentary=All Anti Censorship

Directed by Jake West
Produced by Marc Morris
Written by Marc Morris
Starring Andy Nyman
Kim Newman
John McVicar
Julian Petley
Et al
Edited by Jake West
Production
companies
Nucleus Films
Distributed by Nucleus Films

Hmmm not exactly a nice balance there for a documentary 'from both sides of the argument' ?

"Film critics and horror film scholars face off, so to speak, with the people who were actively involved in banning and burning these films. Of course, I know with whom I side in this argument"

Can tell which side he is on.

Were there any reviews discs sent to pro censorship newspapers etc etc?

Any paper give it a bad review?
Old 1st February 2018, 02:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

F#cks sake boys. Let's now move on and agree to disagree. Adults, dogs, unicorns, whatever, history showed it all to be a pile of pish anyway, it matters not what one publicity hungry wannabe sprouted 30 years ago. Any serious, unbiased investigation into the effects of watching violence proved time and time again there is no correlation between the two.

Now, are the forthcoming Death Laid and Lady Frank also part of The Euro Cult Cinema Collection or stand alone titles? I still need to pick up Erotic Rites too.

EDIT> Just seen the covers so question answered.

Last edited by Boo Radley; 1st February 2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 1st February 2018, 03:05 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Let's now move on and agree to disagree.
Here Here.
Old 5th February 2018, 04:58 PM
Active Cultist

Such a pity this thread has been derailed.

Let's get back on topic.
JAMIOUSE, Rik and keirarts like this.
Old 5th February 2018, 05:01 PM
Ex-member

Like someone said in this very thread,If you make documentaries then you should expect to be challenged for or against them.
Old 5th February 2018, 05:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Morris View Post
Such a pity this thread has been derailed.

Let's get back on topic.
Well said.

Perhaps nucleus could look at upgrading death ship to blu ray?

While scorpipn has released it in HD I've always kept hold of the nucleus DVD because of the extras.

Like this? Share it using the links below!