Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The NUCLEUS FILMS thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/8226-nucleus-films-thread.html)

demonknight 12th November 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 291781)
It's another MGM title. I'd go for the newly announced Scream Factory release if I were you.

Scream Factory | Shout!Factory

Thanks for the info Marc.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th November 2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Morris (Post 291755)
MGM still own DERANGED and we can't afford to pay their prices.

As I asked earlier Marc,did Nucleus never have any joy with Ms.45?

Wes 12th November 2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 291800)
As I asked earlier Marc,did Nucleus never have any joy with Ms.45?

Andy, no doubt you're aware of it but there's a very good French DVD, barebones but English friendly and removable subs...

MS. 45 at Amazon FR

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th November 2012 04:29 PM

Yeah bought it when it first came out Wes,but I remember Mr Morris talking about the rights for a UK release.
It'd be nice to see this get an uncut outing on these shores.

Warner or whoever owns it though prices will no doubt be madness or refuse to license it out....:crazy:

Wes 12th November 2012 05:00 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking of the old Warners Angel of Vengeance clamshell box... For a major film maker, Abel Ferrara is underappreciated on DVD. The last time I checked his main body of work was scattered across a rag-tag bunch of below-the-rader budget releases... For what it's worth I think Driller Killer is a classic of New York grunge film making.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th November 2012 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah I'm tempted to pick up this Raro release.

The Driller Killer: Amazon.it: Carolyn Marz, Baybi Day, Harry Schultz, Alan Wynroth, Abel Ferrara: Film e TV

Wes 12th November 2012 06:39 PM

I wonder could the film look any better that say the Cult Epics disc ? Ferrara once described Driller Killer as "scratchings on the cave wall", but I think the film is a masterwork, and stands well apart from fellow jailbirds on the Nasties list...

Rik 12th November 2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 291753)
I think I'm sold on the Nucleus, many thanks ! Marc, might we see a definitive version of Deranged someday ? The US disc is still in print but I think the film is are far more deserving that a double-feature with Motel Hell. There was a slightly longer German DVD a few years back but I think it's well out of print. It's a magnificent film...

I recently bought the German DVD of Deranged from Amazon, while drunk I should add, and it's fantastic!

Wes 12th November 2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 291843)
I recently bought the German DVD of Deranged from Amazon, while drunk I should add, and it's fantastic!

Wow, I thought this DVD was well out of print, or at least it was at one stage. Rik, do you remember if this one has the brain-scooping scene missing from the MGM ?

Rik 12th November 2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 291844)
Wow, I thought this DVD was well out of print, or at least it was at one stage. Rik, do you remember if this one has the brain-scooping scene missing from the MGM ?

It does contain that scene, although in poorer quality to the rest of the print. Still available from Amazon for £16.66 here