Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2012, 02:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Morris View Post
It's another MGM title. I'd go for the newly announced Scream Factory release if I were you.

Scream Factory | Shout!Factory
Thanks for the info Marc.
Old 12th November 2012, 04:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Morris View Post
MGM still own DERANGED and we can't afford to pay their prices.
As I asked earlier Marc,did Nucleus never have any joy with Ms.45?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th November 2012, 04:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
As I asked earlier Marc,did Nucleus never have any joy with Ms.45?
Andy, no doubt you're aware of it but there's a very good French DVD, barebones but English friendly and removable subs...

MS. 45 at Amazon FR
Old 12th November 2012, 04:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah bought it when it first came out Wes,but I remember Mr Morris talking about the rights for a UK release.
It'd be nice to see this get an uncut outing on these shores.

Warner or whoever owns it though prices will no doubt be madness or refuse to license it out....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th November 2012, 05:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, I'm thinking of the old Warners Angel of Vengeance clamshell box... For a major film maker, Abel Ferrara is underappreciated on DVD. The last time I checked his main body of work was scattered across a rag-tag bunch of below-the-rader budget releases... For what it's worth I think Driller Killer is a classic of New York grunge film making.
Old 12th November 2012, 06:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I'm tempted to pick up this Raro release.

The Driller Killer: Amazon.it: Carolyn Marz, Baybi Day, Harry Schultz, Alan Wynroth, Abel Ferrara: Film e TV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 515+yviV4pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (18.1 KB, 3 views)
Wes likes this.

Old 12th November 2012, 06:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wonder could the film look any better that say the Cult Epics disc ? Ferrara once described Driller Killer as "scratchings on the cave wall", but I think the film is a masterwork, and stands well apart from fellow jailbirds on the Nasties list...
Old 12th November 2012, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I think I'm sold on the Nucleus, many thanks ! Marc, might we see a definitive version of Deranged someday ? The US disc is still in print but I think the film is are far more deserving that a double-feature with Motel Hell. There was a slightly longer German DVD a few years back but I think it's well out of print. It's a magnificent film...
I recently bought the German DVD of Deranged from Amazon, while drunk I should add, and it's fantastic!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th November 2012, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I recently bought the German DVD of Deranged from Amazon, while drunk I should add, and it's fantastic!
Wow, I thought this DVD was well out of print, or at least it was at one stage. Rik, do you remember if this one has the brain-scooping scene missing from the MGM ?
Old 12th November 2012, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Wow, I thought this DVD was well out of print, or at least it was at one stage. Rik, do you remember if this one has the brain-scooping scene missing from the MGM ?
It does contain that scene, although in poorer quality to the rest of the print. Still available from Amazon for £16.66 here
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!