Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2012, 01:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A lot of their releases seem to fly under the radar for me, for example Death Ship, I wasn't aware they put it out at all. I'd been awaiting the Katarina's Nightmare Theatre version. I think I only have their Video Nasties release, don't think I have anything else by them, but I've ordered Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things for £8.99 from HMV.
Old 17th March 2012, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Had GWENDOLINE (their best release), GTC 1 & 2, LONDON VOODOO (which I never watched), DEATH SHIP, VIDEO NASTIES: THE DEFINITVE GUIDE and from their 'Naughty' line JUSTINES HOT NIGHTS and EDUCATION ANGELAIS (which I also never watched) but sold/swapped them.

The Grindhouse discs were good at first but the novely wore off quickly.

I think Redemption are releasing CRUEL PASSION on BD so I'll probably get that instead.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 19th March 2012, 06:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I'm fairly certain I bought the first two off you actually Pete!

I only have the three Grindhouse Trailer discs and the Video Nasties set. There's a few more in their back catalogue I'm interested in but the money to buy them and the time to watch them are things I don't have much of at the minute...
Old 19th March 2012, 07:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I own Cannibal Girls and Death Ship,interested in getting some more though.
Old 17th April 2012, 02:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just sent away for the first Grindhouse trailer DVD last night. Are the others same quality or are they stretching by the 3rd for quality trailers?
Old 17th April 2012, 08:00 AM
Cultist

I've got one of the limited edition Video Nasties sets and all 3 of the excellent Grindhouse Trailer Classics and am really looking forward to their Harry Novak sets and CSPWDT'S!!!!!!!
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 17th April 2012, 12:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's Revaltion films who are releasing the Novak set's.

Old 17th April 2012, 01:57 PM
Cultist

Quote:
It's Revaltion films who are releasing the Novak set's.
Thanks for that, sure someone on here said it was nucleus though!
Old 17th April 2012, 02:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They probably got mixed up.

I'm quite looking forward to those sets myself. Here is the artwork and product info for the first:

Quote:
Sultan of Sexploitation. King of Camp. Just a few names given to the legendary film-maker of cinema s greatest schlock movies. Producing a slew of entertainingly trashy exploitation flicks throughout the 60s and 70s, Novak ran the gamut from sexy soft-core smut to sleazy grindhouse thrillers. If you re a fan of cutie nudie style cinema (be honest, who isn t?) check out Volume One and discover what HARRY NOVAK is all about.

MANTIS IN LACE (LILA) A psychedelic psycho classic! Lila (Susan Stewaki) is a go-go dancer who gets a charge out of turning guyson. Events take a crazy twist after she is introduced to a cocktail of LSD and Methadrine by hippie-stud Tiger. Tripping her brains out to flashing colours and imaginary attacking bananas, Lila takes a meat cleaver to Tiger, hacking him to pieces. This is just the beginning of what may be the only film ever made to link homicidal maniac with soft foods! In between hackings, Lila continues dancing at the club, flashing her cute little drug soaked boobs, and flipping out on acid flashbacks. Looks like she's on a baaaaaad trip!

THE SECRET SEX LIVES OF ROMEO AND JULIET Shakespeare s romantic tragedy receives the Novak makeover, injecting lust-filled laugh-in style gags into its steamy sex scenes. The setting is the famous Globe Theatre in Old London, where the Bard s play is "performed to match the spirit of ribald time it portrayed". Busty redheads perform mock fellatio and naked flesh flies thick and fast as the title characters profess their love (and lust) for each other and anyone else. If only all Shakespeare was like this!

KISS ME QUICK A heady mix of monsters and mammaries! Novak s first feature film from 1964 kick-started his prolific career in the adult entertainment industry. Sterilox, an alien with an uncanny resemblance to Stan Laurel, is sent to Earth to find the perfect female specimen. Hooking up with mad scientist Dr Breedlove, they develop a potion that transforms three busty babes a them into gyrating topless go-go dancers. "Dance, you little sex bombs! Whirl you little dervishes!" CONTAINS AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH HARRY NOVAK.

Old 17th April 2012, 03:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Had GWENDOLINE (their best release), GTC 1 & 2, LONDON VOODOO (which I never watched), DEATH SHIP, VIDEO NASTIES: THE DEFINITVE GUIDE and from their 'Naughty' line JUSTINES HOT NIGHTS and EDUCATION ANGELAIS (which I also never watched) but sold/swapped them.

I think Redemption are releasing CRUEL PASSION on BD so I'll probably get that instead.
I used to love watching trailer movies years ago when the movies were difficult to get hold of but with the coming of dvd & importing I'm not too bothered about them now either.I only bought the first Grindhouse trailer collection.

Like this? Share it using the links below!