Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2012, 06:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Yeah, he doesn't exactly live up to his name...

But the amazing thing about that documentary is that he still believes he's right.
There's an age-old adage: never argue with an idiot.
Old 11th February 2013, 05:09 PM
Cult Rookie

There was me thinking you was on about Mark Kermode, who always thinks he's right, and the rest of the population is wrong.

But back to the subject, the video nasty was a huge fiasco, a lot of the DPP39 were a big nothing, as a lot of them were zero budget, you didn't see anything in a way of gore, very very crap acting, and without the notoriety the tabloid, DPP, and the Mary Whitehouse do gooders gave them, they would have ended up in obscurity by the end of the 80s, and nobody would have been any of the wiser.
Old 11th February 2013, 05:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd75dylan View Post
There was me thinking you was on about Mark Kermode, who always thinks he's right, and the rest of the population is wrong.
Oh you, such a silly thing to say Obviously people are going to stand by their opinions, that's human nature surely? Kermode has the good grace to admit when he has said something which doesn't turn out to be true, not in terms of him retracting what he thinks of the film but, for example, when he suggests a film won't be appreciated by it's target audience and it turns out they really do love it. If you think otherwise you probably haven't heard enough of his reviews
Old 11th February 2013, 05:51 PM
Cult Rookie

He's admited (very rarely) when he gets a fact wrong, but when it comes to his review of films, he still stands by it, Nativity 2 is a recent example.

The only two films he's admitted he got wrong the first time, when revewing them was, Blue Velvet, and AI,

The only reason I know of only those two, is that he's told of those mistakes time, and time again.
Old 11th February 2013, 07:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd75dylan View Post
He's admited (very rarely) when he gets a fact wrong, but when it comes to his review of films, he still stands by it, Nativity 2 is a recent example.

The only two films he's admitted he got wrong the first time, when revewing them was, Blue Velvet, and AI,

The only reason I know of only those two, is that he's told of those mistakes time, and time again.
Obviously he's going to stand by his opinion unless, like with AI and Blue Velvet, his opinion changes. He always admits when he gets a fact wrong but this is different to holding an opinion. In the case of Nativity 2 he said he thought it was awful and that no-one would like it. When everyone emailed in saying they took their kids and they all really enjoyed it he admitted he was wrong to say it wouldn't have an audience but stood by the fact that he didn't like like it, as you'd surely expect.
Old 16th April 2013, 10:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Default other dvds with horror/cult movie trailers

I loved the video nasties definitive ed. and more recently devoured the grindhouse trailer classics 1,2+3 in 2 days. Now I'm wanting more of the same. I know nucleus haven't released anymore "trailer parks" but maybe other companies have. So my question to you guys is do you know of any more trailer marathons on dvd (region is not important or picture quality (as long as its not blocky from squeezing too much on one disk).

cheers guys
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 17th April 2013, 03:40 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim View Post
I loved the video nasties definitive ed. and more recently devoured the grindhouse trailer classics 1,2+3 in 2 days. Now I'm wanting more of the same. I know nucleus haven't released anymore "trailer parks" but maybe other companies have. So my question to you guys is do you know of any more trailer marathons on dvd (region is not important or picture quality (as long as its not blocky from squeezing too much on one disk).

cheers guys
Synapse's 42nd Street Forever trailer reels are worth checking out.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 17th April 2013, 02:07 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Synapse's 42nd Street Forever trailer reels are worth checking out.
Seconded! There's a great-looking bluray compilation too which I'd highly recommend.
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:02 PM
Cult Rookie

Cheers, had the first dvd through today. Watched about half of it, fairly good enjoyed the first grindhouse trailer classics quite a bit more though. To return the favor, upon digging into trailers on dvd. I uncovered 3 austrailian 4 disc sets called drive in delirium. Haven't ordered any yet but they boast 12 hours of trailers each.
Old 14th May 2013, 02:55 PM
Active Cultist

Just thought I'd let you all know that we've just launched our new webstore:

Nucleus Films Ltd

Cheers!

Like this? Share it using the links below!