Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2018, 09:51 PM
Active Cultist

Our latest release.

Erotic Rites of Frankenstein (Blu-ray) - Nucleus Films Ltd | Cult Movie Releasing

Old 16th January 2018, 01:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wish HMV would hurry up and list it on their site.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 16th January 2018, 01:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I wish HMV would hurry up and list it on their site.
I was about to post the same thing I want to pre-order it, but I'll probably just pick it up in store anyway.

Looking forward to this one
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th January 2018, 04:17 PM
Cult Veteran

This was on Stephen Throwers Facebook;

THE EROTIC RITES OF FRANKENSTEIN and THE DEMONS: two peak period Jess Franco movies that no serious fan should be without, now available from Nucleus Films (http://nucleusfilms.com/) and featuring on camera interviews with yours truly! I'd also say that these two films are well worth buying if you're curious about Franco but uncertain about where to start. Some will counsel caution and recommend the slightly more sober and conventional 1960s titles, but to hell with all that. Why not throw caution to the wind and grab these two - they'll give you a fantastic insight into his freewheeling style in the 1970s.

Nucleus majordomo Marc Morris has done a huge amount of extraordinary work restoring THE DEMONS in particular. Here's a list of some of the work he's done which viewers and reviewers may not otherwise be aware of:

1. Incorrect aspect ratios on numerous shots fixed throughout.
2. White line frames removed throughout.
3. The soundtrack was out of synch throughout (sometimes by as much as 6 seconds). Marc has fixed this.
4. The soundtrack was missing audio, and in these scenes had been badly looped. Marc has located audio from alternate sources and replaced the annoying looped audio with correct audio where possible.
5. There was some German dialogue on the French soundtrack, which Marc has replaced with the correct French dialogue.
7. There were numerous instances of actors speaking with no dialogue heard on the soundtrack - now fixed.
8. There were numerous instances of dialogue spoken, with the actors' mouths not moving - now fixed.
9. The dissolve from face freeze frame to skull was completely missing - Marc has added this back.
10. He has also created from scratch an English language master, which is believed to match the original English language export version.
11. German Trailer - On the Kino Blu-ray, this was incorrectly dubbed with random French audio from the movie. This has been replaced with the original German soundtrack.
12. Marc has also corrected the frame rates from 23.976 fps to 24 fps, so if you have exquisitely perfect musical pitch the soundtrack will now match your LP record of Jean-Michel Lorgère's Trafic Pop!

And finally, look out for the startling fx shot included in the French trailer for Erotic Rites of Frankenstein which as far as I can recall doesn't appear in any currently available version of the film. Face-ripping!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th January 2018, 05:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not seen either of those before (I’m ashamed to say I haven’t seen many Franco films), so I’ll be picking these up at some point

I’m also hoping the two Indiegogo blu’s are shipping soon, another pair of films I’ve not seen before
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th January 2018, 05:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This was on Stephen Throwers Facebook;

THE EROTIC RITES OF FRANKENSTEIN and THE DEMONS: two peak period Jess Franco movies that no serious fan should be without, now available from Nucleus Films (About Us - Nucleus Films Ltd | Cult Movie Releasing) and featuring on camera interviews with yours truly! I'd also say that these two films are well worth buying if you're curious about Franco but uncertain about where to start. Some will counsel caution and recommend the slightly more sober and conventional 1960s titles, but to hell with all that. Why not throw caution to the wind and grab these two - they'll give you a fantastic insight into his freewheeling style in the 1970s.

Nucleus majordomo Marc Morris has done a huge amount of extraordinary work restoring THE DEMONS in particular. Here's a list of some of the work he's done which viewers and reviewers may not otherwise be aware of:

1. Incorrect aspect ratios on numerous shots fixed throughout.
2. White line frames removed throughout.
3. The soundtrack was out of synch throughout (sometimes by as much as 6 seconds). Marc has fixed this.
4. The soundtrack was missing audio, and in these scenes had been badly looped. Marc has located audio from alternate sources and replaced the annoying looped audio with correct audio where possible.
5. There was some German dialogue on the French soundtrack, which Marc has replaced with the correct French dialogue.
7. There were numerous instances of actors speaking with no dialogue heard on the soundtrack - now fixed.
8. There were numerous instances of dialogue spoken, with the actors' mouths not moving - now fixed.
9. The dissolve from face freeze frame to skull was completely missing - Marc has added this back.
10. He has also created from scratch an English language master, which is believed to match the original English language export version.
11. German Trailer - On the Kino Blu-ray, this was incorrectly dubbed with random French audio from the movie. This has been replaced with the original German soundtrack.
12. Marc has also corrected the frame rates from 23.976 fps to 24 fps, so if you have exquisitely perfect musical pitch the soundtrack will now match your LP record of Jean-Michel Lorgère's Trafic Pop!

And finally, look out for the startling fx shot included in the French trailer for Erotic Rites of Frankenstein which as far as I can recall doesn't appear in any currently available version of the film. Face-ripping!
And then you get ignorant people like me who just think all you have to do is play the film through The Movietronic 3000 and pow!! a pristine fully synched correct ratio version pops out. "That'll be £52.98 sir." Easy!

Fair play, that's a massive amount of work that the majority of buyers will have no idea or appreciation of. Where do you even start? Respect is due.
If anyone had said 20 years ago that we would be able to get these types of films with the love lavished on them that they get, I would have howled with laughter. Big up the Nucleus boys!
Old 17th January 2018, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I was about to post the same thing I want to pre-order it, but I'll probably just pick it up in store anyway.

Looking forward to this one
Aren't we all?
Justin101 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th January 2018, 08:20 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not seen either of those before (I’m ashamed to say I haven’t seen many Franco films), so I’ll be picking these up at some point

I’m also hoping the two Indiegogo blu’s are shipping soon, another pair of films I’ve not seen before
I've tried so hard, but just can't get into Franco; Bloody Moon being the exception....
JAMIOUSE and SilverSurfer like this.
Old 18th January 2018, 08:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme73 View Post
I've tried so hard, but just can't get into Franco; Bloody Moon being the exception....

That’s one of the few Franco films I’ve seen (actually watched it again on Sunday)
JAMIOUSE, Demoncrat and Graeme73 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th January 2018, 06:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I struggle with Franco too, the only film he directed that I can watch is Bloody Moon. Most of his films just seem like vapid sexploitation fodder with nothing to really cling onto. However give me a Bruno Mattei film and I'm happy!
Rik, trebor8273 and Graeme73 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!