Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The NUCLEUS FILMS thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/8226-nucleus-films-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 07:40 PM

The NUCLEUS FILMS thread

1 Attachment(s)
With the news that Nucleus is releasing NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES uncut,I though,like all other good labels,they deserve a thread of their own!

They also have a double bill of CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS and DEAD OF NIGHT.......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Children-Sho...931112&sr=1-24

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Nucleus release of Death Ship is excellent.

An excellent cover based on the original artwork to boot.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 07:52 PM

13 Attachment(s)
A good selection of their titles.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

Grindhouse Trailer Classics 2 [2008] [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Grindhouse Trailer Classics: Film & TV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grindhouse-T...xgy_d_h__img_c

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Video-Nastie...f=pd_cp_d_h__2

Amazon.co.uk: Death Ship [1980] [DVD]: George Kennedy, Richard Crenna, Nick Mancuso, Sally Ann Howes, Kate Reid, Victoria Burgoyne, Jennifer McKinney, Danny Higham, Saul Rubinek, Murray Cruchley, Doug Smith, Tony Sherwood, Alvin Rakoff: Film & TV

Fausto 5.0 [2003] [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Miguel Angel Sola, Eduard Ferandez, Isidro Ortiz, Alex Olle, Carlos Padrissa: Film & TV

Gwendoline [1984] [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Tawny Kitaen, Zabou, Just Jaeckin: Film & TV

Amazon.co.uk: Cannibal Girls [DVD]: Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Ivan Reitman: Film & TV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodbath-at...931099&sr=1-15

Ghost Story [DVD] [1974]: Amazon.co.uk: Penelope Keith, Marianne Faithfull, Barbara Shelley, Sally Grace, Murray Melvin, Larry Dann, Anthony Bate, Vivian Mackerall, Leigh Lawson, Stephen Weeks: Film & TV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruel-Passio...931112&sr=1-23

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 07:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 224493)

As were these!

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 08:01 PM

Gwendoline :love:

Gojirosan 16th March 2012 08:11 PM

I ordered their release of Gwendoline the other day, completely coincidentally.

Rassilon 16th March 2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Why wasn't the original artwork used. I remember this cover as a kid. Never seen the film, but defo want to.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 224514)
Why wasn't the original artwork used. I remember this cover as a kid. Never seen the film, but defo want to.

It was used.

I said based on because they used the original art without the production credits. So it wasn't exact.

You should have paid attention to Reaper's cover shots above. :lol:

Make Them Die Slowly 16th March 2012 10:08 PM

What's "London Voodoo" like? I'm presently on a Voodoo trip listening to a couple of Voodoo drumming CDs and reading up on the religion.

Rassilon 17th March 2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 224516)
It was used.

I said based on because they used the original art without the production credits. So it wasn't exact.

You should have paid attention to Reaper's cover shots above. :lol:

Sorry but dont tell me I should have paid attention, you said 'based on original artwork' how was I to know the thing that was different was the production credits and not the image. I thought the image on the org was a real photo, obv photoshoped. My mistake.

BAKA 17th March 2012 12:19 PM

A lot of their releases seem to fly under the radar for me, for example Death Ship, I wasn't aware they put it out at all. I'd been awaiting the Katarina's Nightmare Theatre version. I think I only have their Video Nasties release, don't think I have anything else by them, but I've ordered Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things for £8.99 from HMV.

Pete 17th March 2012 05:37 PM

Had GWENDOLINE (their best release), GTC 1 & 2, LONDON VOODOO (which I never watched), DEATH SHIP, VIDEO NASTIES: THE DEFINITVE GUIDE and from their 'Naughty' line JUSTINES HOT NIGHTS and EDUCATION ANGELAIS (which I also never watched) but sold/swapped them.

The Grindhouse discs were good at first but the novely wore off quickly.

I think Redemption are releasing CRUEL PASSION on BD so I'll probably get that instead.

PaulD 19th March 2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 224660)

I'm fairly certain I bought the first two off you actually Pete!

I only have the three Grindhouse Trailer discs and the Video Nasties set. There's a few more in their back catalogue I'm interested in but the money to buy them and the time to watch them are things I don't have much of at the minute...

bdc 19th March 2012 06:04 PM

I own Cannibal Girls and Death Ship,interested in getting some more though. ;)

Criterion7 17th April 2012 02:23 AM

Just sent away for the first Grindhouse trailer DVD last night. Are the others same quality or are they stretching by the 3rd for quality trailers?

skankenstoned 17th April 2012 08:00 AM

I've got one of the limited edition Video Nasties sets and all 3 of the excellent Grindhouse Trailer Classics and am really looking forward to their Harry Novak sets and CSPWDT'S!!!!!!!

Pete 17th April 2012 12:28 PM

It's Revaltion films who are releasing the Novak set's.

skankenstoned 17th April 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 232790)
It's Revaltion films who are releasing the Novak set's.

Thanks for that, sure someone on here said it was nucleus though!

Pete 17th April 2012 02:02 PM

They probably got mixed up.

I'm quite looking forward to those sets myself. Here is the artwork and product info for the first:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Quote:

Sultan of Sexploitation. King of Camp. Just a few names given to the legendary film-maker of cinema s greatest schlock movies. Producing a slew of entertainingly trashy exploitation flicks throughout the 60s and 70s, Novak ran the gamut from sexy soft-core smut to sleazy grindhouse thrillers. If you re a fan of cutie nudie style cinema (be honest, who isn t?) check out Volume One and discover what HARRY NOVAK is all about.

MANTIS IN LACE (LILA) A psychedelic psycho classic! Lila (Susan Stewaki) is a go-go dancer who gets a charge out of turning guyson. Events take a crazy twist after she is introduced to a cocktail of LSD and Methadrine by hippie-stud Tiger. Tripping her brains out to flashing colours and imaginary attacking bananas, Lila takes a meat cleaver to Tiger, hacking him to pieces. This is just the beginning of what may be the only film ever made to link homicidal maniac with soft foods! In between hackings, Lila continues dancing at the club, flashing her cute little drug soaked boobs, and flipping out on acid flashbacks. Looks like she's on a baaaaaad trip!

THE SECRET SEX LIVES OF ROMEO AND JULIET Shakespeare s romantic tragedy receives the Novak makeover, injecting lust-filled laugh-in style gags into its steamy sex scenes. The setting is the famous Globe Theatre in Old London, where the Bard s play is "performed to match the spirit of ribald time it portrayed". Busty redheads perform mock fellatio and naked flesh flies thick and fast as the title characters profess their love (and lust) for each other and anyone else. If only all Shakespeare was like this!

KISS ME QUICK A heady mix of monsters and mammaries! Novak s first feature film from 1964 kick-started his prolific career in the adult entertainment industry. Sterilox, an alien with an uncanny resemblance to Stan Laurel, is sent to Earth to find the perfect female specimen. Hooking up with mad scientist Dr Breedlove, they develop a potion that transforms three busty babes a them into gyrating topless go-go dancers. "Dance, you little sex bombs! Whirl you little dervishes!" CONTAINS AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH HARRY NOVAK.

mark meakin 17th April 2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 224660)
Had GWENDOLINE (their best release), GTC 1 & 2, LONDON VOODOO (which I never watched), DEATH SHIP, VIDEO NASTIES: THE DEFINITVE GUIDE and from their 'Naughty' line JUSTINES HOT NIGHTS and EDUCATION ANGELAIS (which I also never watched) but sold/swapped them.

I think Redemption are releasing CRUEL PASSION on BD so I'll probably get that instead.

I used to love watching trailer movies years ago when the movies were difficult to get hold of but with the coming of dvd & importing I'm not too bothered about them now either.I only bought the first Grindhouse trailer collection.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th April 2012 03:12 PM

Pete, any info on if the Harry Novak films are uncut? :)

Pete 17th April 2012 06:03 PM

The ones in the first box all went through uncut. I don't know about the others though.

bdc 9th July 2012 05:54 PM

Seems Nucleus will be releasing Night Of The Bloody Apes (stronger US version) next. ;)

Rassilon 10th July 2012 09:41 AM

Does anyone have any news on the next video nasties documentary or what it might feature?

Pete 10th July 2012 11:52 AM

Apparently it's going to be called Video Nasties 2: Scraping the Barrel.

Rassilon 10th July 2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 256368)
Apparently it's going to be called Video Nasties 2: Scraping the Barrel.

Lol. I can't imagine what more can be said on the subject. But since the first one made so much coin I expect its always been on the cards. According to Mr Thrower its the films that got left out due timing.

demonknight 10th July 2012 04:06 PM

nucleus films

Ordered death ship from nucleus films on amazon yesterday. Judging by the reviews I can't wait to check out the movie itself and the extras but the picture quality itself is reason enough to buy.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th July 2012 06:11 PM

It's a top notch package for sure!
Morris and West really rolled out the carpet for this one!

g053584398 31st July 2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Death Ship was indeed a great release and I seem to recall that the DVD had a number of great special features as well. I think that there was criticism from some quarters regarding the image quality, but I seem to recall that they did their best to locate the original negatives without success.

I that Scorpion or another label have since confirmed that they will be releasing a new version transferred from the negatives; so they seem to have had better luck than Nucleus in that regard.

I can also wholeheartedly recommend their releases of Gwendoline, Fausto 5.0, Between Your Legs, The Ugliest Woman In The World and Bloodbath at the House of Death as well.

ecc 3rd October 2012 07:33 PM

NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES at DVDBeaver

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2012 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another cracking release from Nucleus!:clap:

For anyone who hasn't seen it,NOTBA is daft and hugely enjoyable.

harryd 4th November 2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 289191)

I bought the old something weird release literally days before i hear about this...went a bit crazy and bought it anyway along with the rest of the nucleus catalogue :happy: just wondering though, looking at the spine numbers, i seem to have numbers 0016 and 0018 missing? anyone know if they were ever actually released? I want the full set cuz im weird like that :shocked:

Pete 4th November 2012 01:52 PM

EDIT

harryd 4th November 2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 289486)
EDIT

Talking to me?

I changed my post because i put 006 in there but then realized it was london voodoo...was hoping nobody would notice the change :P

Pete 4th November 2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryd (Post 289489)
Talking to me?

I changed my post because i put 006 in there but then realized it was london voodoo...was hoping nobody would notice the change :P

Yeah, I mentioned 006 was LONDON VOODOO and then realised you'd edited your post.

demonknight 4th November 2012 02:07 PM

Just ordered NOTBA on line. Never seen it before. Hope its good.

Slippery Jack 4th November 2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Double-take on seeing that cover. Thought it was a Shameless release I wasn't aware of :loco: . . .

harryd 4th November 2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 289491)
Yeah, I mentioned 006 was LONDON VOODOO and then realised you'd edited your post.

Haha fair enough sorry i didnt expect anyone to be that quick!

Daemonia 5th November 2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 289495)
Double-take on seeing that cover. Thought it was a Shameless release I wasn't aware of :loco: . . .

I imagine that's the whole idea... ;)

Sobral 5th November 2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Watched it today, great silly movie (in the best sense possible :) )