Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2020, 08:21 PM
Cult Master

Full details:

'Mindwarp' [aka Brain Slasher] (1990) - Pre-order available from Eureka direct - £15.99

Release date: February 22

"In the future, life will be a dream. And reality a nightmare.

In a post-apocalyptic world, one woman (Marta Alicia) relies on computer fantasies to entertain herself, but a glitch sends her to a far-off wasteland to deal with monsters called Crawlers. She is saved by a young rebel (Bruce Campbell; the Evil Dead franchise, Bubba Ho-Tep), but the pair are later captured and brought underground by the Crawlers. There, an overlord called the Seer (Angus Scrimm; the Phantasm series) presides over the kingdom and tries to make life miserable for his captives.

The first film produced as part of the Fangoria Films label, Mindwarp is a gore-filled sci-fi horror classic of the early 90s, and Eureka Classics is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK."

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase [2000 copies]
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray
  • LPCM 2.0 audio
  • Optional English SDH
  • Brand new feature length audio interview with Tony Timpone, former longtime editor of Fangoria Magazine
  • Fangoria’s Weekend of Horrors 1990 – footage from the horror convention, with Bruce Campbell and Angus Scrimm in attendance after recently filming Mindwarp
  • Reversible sleeve artwork featuring original poster artwork for both the original US release, and the international “Brain Slasher” artwork
  • Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring a new essay by film scholar and author Craig Ian Mann; and a reprinted article from Fangoria sister publication, Gorezone [2000 copies]

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 26th November 2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 26th November 2020, 08:24 PM
Cult Master

Full details:

'Breeder' (2020) - Pre-order available from Eureka direct - £12.99

Release date: February 15

"Drawing comparisons to the New French Extreme films of the early 2000s, Breeder is a brutal modernist survival horror directed by Pusher screenwriter Jens Dahl.

A renowned health supplement company, run by a ruthless businesswoman (Signe Egholm Olsen), is selecting and abducting young women as part of an experiment bio-hacking babies’ DNA to enable her clients to reverse the ageing process. When Mia (Sara Hjort Ditlevsen, Borgman) goes to investigate, she finds herself trapped, branded and tortured in a grim underground facility. Familiar faces start to appear, and she realises that she is not alone in this. Can she somehow find inner strength and escape from the nightmare?"

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Interview with director Jens Dahl and screenwriter Sissel Dalsgaard Thomsen
  • A collector’s booklet featuring a new essay by film historian Kat Ellinger

Old 26th November 2020, 08:27 PM
Cult Master

Full details:

'The Last Warning' (1928) - Pre-order available from Eureka direct - £15.99

Release date: February 15

"Adapted from Thomas F. Fallon’s 1922 Broadway play of the same name, The Last Warning is based on the story The House of Fear by Wadsworth Camp and centres on an unsolved murder that occurs during a live Broadway performance. When the victim’s body goes missing, the death remains unsolved and the theatre is condemned. That is, until years later when a suspicious new “producer” arrives to restage the play with the original cast and crew.

The Last Warning was Paul Leni’s final film before his untimely death, and a prime showcase for Universal’s leading lady of the era, Laura La Plante (The Cat and the Canary, Skinner’s Dress Suit). A visual artist at the peak of his career, Leni’s camera never stops shifting, offering cutaways and trick shots involving nervous could-be culprits, a highly suspicious sleuth, and cast members who suddenly disappear in the darkened theatre. The result is a cinematic funhouse that restlessly cross-examines the suspense of the story’s stage play against the “real” murder mystery saga, all unfolding amid the outstanding production design of Charles D. Hall.

Part of Universal’s ongoing silent restoration initiative, The Last Warning honours the studio’s rich film history that has spanned more than a century. Universal’s team of restoration experts conducted a worldwide search for The Last Warning’s available elements, ultimately working with materials from the Cinémathèque française and the Packard Humanities Institute Collection in the UCLA Film & Television Archive. The Masters of Cinema series is proud to present the completed 4K restoration on Blu-ray, the first time the film has ever been available on home video in the UK. "

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from Universal’s 4K restoration, available for the first time ever on home video in the UK
  • Score by composer Arthur Barrow
  • Brand new audio commentary with horror and fantasy authors Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
  • Paul Leni and “The Last Warning” – video essay by film historian and author John Soister on Leni’s final film
  • Rare stills gallery
  • A collector’s booklet featuring a new essay by Philip Kemp and a short essay by composer Arthur Barrow on his score for the film

Old 26th November 2020, 08:56 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Some great releases there. Already have the Twilight Time blu of Mindwarp, but the extras mean i'll be replacing it
Old 26th November 2020, 08:57 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Complaining about Jackie Chan releases.

Heathens!
will graham, Rob4 and John Matrix like this.
Old 26th November 2020, 09:32 PM
Cult Addict

Viy is a classic.
Rob4 likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 26th November 2020, 10:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Eureka have gone on a total horrorfest with their new releases shame they spoilt the run with a Jackie Chan
It's like a 88 Films block announcement, trying to release something for everybody, covering a range of genres.

Pulse interests me, I like it when a blast of the past gets announced.
Old 10th January 2021, 03:53 PM
Cultist

I saw Pulse when I was really young and it terrified me. Remember walking round my local Macro in Enfield thinking the electrical goods were going to come to life! From what I remember of that viewing in the late 80s it takes a silly concept seriously, which is ideal. I also remember it being very TV-movie-esque and tame in the grand scheme of things. Certainly no Maximum Overdrive in the gore-stakes.Its listed as 18cert on Amazon but that seems crazy. I expect it will come out as a 12cert.

It's a pre-order for me!
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 10th January 2021, 05:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Am i wrong or did arrow release pulse? All these japanese horrors are blurring together!
Old 10th January 2021, 05:42 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Am i wrong or did arrow release pulse? All these japanese horrors are blurring together!
Yes they did

Dual Format version is still available for £18:00

https://arrowfilms.com/product-detai...format/FCD1396

Like this? Share it using the links below!