Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2021, 08:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

OCD ALERT!!!

Even Eureka are not immune to dropping the spine ball. Imagine my dismay, when I'd finished watching Der Mude Tod and went to put it on my shelf and found it was the only one of Lang's films they'd released that didn't have 'a Film by Fritz Lang' on the spine
Old 30th July 2021, 04:41 PM
Cult Addict

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. I've never seen the Sabata films so I'm looking forward to this set. Unlike some other labels Eureka tend to do these sort of sets at sensible prices.Screenshot_20210730-173849_Instagram.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 4th August 2021, 03:25 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. I've never seen the Sabata films so I'm looking forward to this set. Unlike some other labels Eureka tend to do these sort of sets at sensible prices.Attachment 235015
Full details:

'The Sabata Trilogy' - Blu-ray pre-order available at Eureka direct - £29:99

Release date: October 18

"Three iconic spaghetti westerns by director Gianfranco Parolini in one explosive Blu-ray set!

Sabata (1969) – Who he is and where he came from, no one knows. But the leading citizens of the Western town of Daugherty think he knows too much. And they want to silence him; forever. Get ready for the fast-paced, explosive action as Lee Van Cleef (For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) stars as Sabata, a mysterious, steely-eyed gunslinger who imposes his bullet-laced brand of justice on the town.

Adiós Sabata (1970) – Yul Brynner (Westworld, The Magnificent Seven) takes the reins as the title character in this action-packed sequel. Under the brutal rule of local garrison leader Colonel Skimmel, a group of Mexican revolutionaries hire gunslinger Sabata to rob a transport of Austrian gold in order to buy weapons. But Colonel Skimmel has other plans, taking the gold for himself and blaming the revolutionaries, but no scheming colonel is going to keep Sabata from earning his pay!

Return of Sabata (1971) – The great Lee Van Cleef returns as the famous freewheeling gunslinger Sabata. This third and final go-round for the enigmatic sharpshooter who administers a unique brand of justice in the American West in the years following the Civil War finds Sabata in the role of victim. Sabata’s skills as a gambler and thief are unparalleled. However, when a shifty band of desperadoes bilks him out of $5,000, he wants revenge!"

Special features:
  • O-Card Slipcase
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original poster artwork for each film
  • 1080p presentations on Blu-ray from High Definition transfers
  • English and Italian audio options
  • Optional English SDH Subtitles
  • Sabata – Brand new feature length audio commentary by author / critic Kim Newman
  • Adiós, Sabata – Brand new feature length audio commentary by filmmaker and historian Mike Siegel
  • Return of Sabata – Brand new feature length audio commentary by authors C. Courtney Joyner & Henry Parke
  • New video pieces on each film by Austin Fisher, author of Radical Frontiers in the Spaghetti Western: Politics, Violence and Popular Italian Cinema
  • Trailers
  • Stills Galleries
  • A Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Western expert Howard Hughes

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th August 2021, 03:28 PM
Cult Master

'Full Alert' (1997) - Blu-ray pre-order available at Eureka direct - £16:99

Release date: October 18

"A late career highlight from Ringo Lam, an action-packed tale of cops and robbers presented in the director’s inimitable style.

Perfectionist, workaholic Inspector Pao (Lau Ching-wan, Running Out of Time) finds himself up against Mak Kwan (Francis Ng, The Mission), a seasoned criminal intending to use his explosive skills to pull off a huge heist. Pao must use his own resources to stop Mak and prevent heavy civilian casualties.

With heartstopping car chasrs on the streets of Hong Kong and brilliant performances by the two leads, Full Alert is an intelligent, high velocity action movie considered to be one of director Ringo Lam’s finest works."

Special features:
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Grégory Sacré (Gokaiju) [2000 copies]
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a High Definition transfer from the original film elements
  • Original Cantonese audio
  • Optional English Subtitles
  • Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
  • Audio commentary by director Ringo Lam
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • A LIMITED EDITION collector’s booklet featuring new writing by David West (NEO Magazine) [2000 copies]
* All extras subject to change

Demoncrat likes this.

Old 4th August 2021, 03:31 PM
Cult Master

'Early Universal, Vol 2' - Blu-ray pre-order available at Eureka direct - £19:99

Release date: October 25

"The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present three early silent features from Universal Pictures, all fully restored as part of the studio’s ongoing restoration program.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (dir. Stuart Paton, 1916) – Allen Holubar stars as the domineering Captain Nemo, who rescues the passengers of an American naval vessel after ramming them with his iron-clad, steampunk submarine, The Nautilus. Incorporating material from Verne’s Mysterious Island, the film also follows the adventures of a group of Civil War soldiers whose hot-air balloon crash lands on an exotic island, where they encounter the untamed “Child of Nature” (Jane Gail).

The Calgary Stampede (dir. Herbert Blaché, 1925) – Real life rodeo champion Hoot Gibson plays Dan Malloy, an expert rider who wins the big one, the Calgary Stampede. When the father of his new French-Canadian girlfriend (Virginia Browne Faire) turns up dead, Malloy is the only suspect!

What Happened to Jones? (dir. William A. Seiter, 1926) – Reginald Denny plays a wealthy young bachelor on the night before his wedding. He is convinced to attend a poker party which is promptly raided, sending him on the run in a series of increasingly hilarious disguises."

Special features:
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase [2000 copies]
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from restorations undertaken by Universal Pictures (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and What Happened to Jones? restored in 4K, The Calgary Stampede restored in 2K)
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – score by Orlando Perez Rosso
  • The Calgary Stampede – score by Chris Tin
  • What Happened to Jones? – score by Anthony Willis
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – New video appreciation by author / critic Kim Newman
  • The Calgary Stampede – Brand new audio commentary by professor and film scholar Jason A. Ney
  • What Happened to Jones? – New audio commentary by film historian and writer David Kalat
  • A collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films included in this set
* All extras subject to change

Demoncrat and Dave Boy like this.

Old 4th August 2021, 03:39 PM
Cult Master

'Cinematic Vengeance' - Blu-ray pre-order available at Eureka direct - £46:99

Release date: Novembe r15

"8 Kung Fu Classics by Director Joseph Kuo

Although his name may not be as instantly recognisable as some of his contemporaries, Joseph Kuo was an incredibly successful filmmaker who consistently produced crowd-pleasing spectacles always in line with what audiences at the time wanted to see.

Often handling writing, directing, and producing duties, the success of this multi-hyphenate filmmaker is even more remarkable considering that the majority of his films were produced independently, at a time when the kung-fu genre was dominated by the big Hong Kong studios. Cinematic Vengeance! collects eight of these independent productions, all fully restored and making their worldwide debuts on Blu-ray"

LIMITED EDITION FOUR DISC BLU-RAY BOX SET CONTAINS
  • 8 Films across four Blu-ray discs, all fully restored and presented in 1080p HD
  • Limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Darren Wheeling
  • Limited Edition 60-page booklet featuring new writing on the films included in the set by James Oliver, illustrated with archival imagery and materials
  • Limited Edition set of 8 facsimile lobby cards

DISCS ONE & TWO: DEADLY MASTERS!
  • Films Included:
    The 7 Grandmasters
    The 36 Deadly Styles
    The World of Drunken Master
    The Old Master
  • Original Mandarin Soundtracks
  • Optional English dubbed audio tracks
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Brand new Audio commentary tracks from a variety of Hong Kong cinema experts
  • Trailers

DISC THREE & FOUR: FEARLESS SHAOLIN!
  • Films Include:
    Shaolin Kung Fu
    The Shaolin Kids
    18 Bronzemen
    Return of the 18 Bronzemen
  • Original Mandarin Soundtracks
  • Optional English dubbed audio tracks
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Brand new Audio commentary tracks from a variety of Hong Kong cinema experts
  • Trailers

*All extras subject to change

Demoncrat likes this.

Old 5th August 2021, 07:39 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Prophecy' (1979) - Blu-ray pre-order available at Eureka direct - £17:99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
No sign that Prophecy has been resubmitted to the BBFC so likely to be the same cut version... fake raccoon's breathe a sigh of relief
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Give me anything by the late great Frankenheimer.

Bye bye to the Scream Fact disc.....
Quote:
Are you ok with having a cut version Reaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
How bad is the animal cruelty?

I ain't watched the SF disc yet....it's rated PG13 on the back cover!
Quote:
The raccoon is put under duress with the canoe paddle and I certainly don't condone that but the parts where it is thrown around are clearly faked. I'm sure it came out of it pretty unscathed though obviously a little vexed.

However, viewing it again I don't suppose a cut version has lost much and I wouldn't put off people with a low tolerance for this sort of stuff; it's just my OCD that prevents me from having a cut version in my collection.

EDIT: I've seen some claims the shots of the raccoon writhing on the floor were done with an animal that was deliberately poisoned... I don't know if that is true or not?
According to DVD Compare, the Eureka release is complete, with the previous cuts being reinstated

Old 19th August 2021, 10:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
According to DVD Compare, the Eureka release is complete, with the previous cuts being reinstated

Prophecy is NOT uncut. The shot of the convulsing Racoon, prior to it attacking Robert Foxworth is still censored by around 7-8 seconds as cinema/video releases. I have corrected the Eureka release listing on DVD Compare. Eric either had an uncut check disc or thought the bashing of the animal in the cabin was cut by the BBFC, and not the above. No big loss & I have the uncut Dutch dvd.
Old 19th August 2021, 12:05 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I watched it on Sunday.
Thought it had maybe been snipped.

**** it.
Poor wee racoon....
mark meakin and nosferatu42 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th August 2021, 03:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ?

I always thought they used stunt racoons...Any way no ever mentions what they do to that poor mutant bear in the end...are racoons more cuddly perhaps..?

Like this? Share it using the links below!