Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2023, 11:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've just watched the trailer for The Bullet Train and it looks great, essentially the template for Speed, there is a bomb on the train which will explode if it drops below 80km/h and there are 1500 passengers onboard!

Also has a Kim Newman interview where he will probably talk about the bombs on moving vehicles genre or something, and be an expert on it

And it comes out on my birthday, so I'm going to get it for sure!
Haha you sold it to me with Speed.

Kim Newman and the bombs on moving vehicles genre is an extra not to be missed as well.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 15th February 2023, 01:10 PM
Cult Addict

There's a small clearance sale on Eureka's site. Only a handful of titles. £11 each or two for £20. A handy heads up on the imminent OOP status rather than its a particularly good deal.

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/promotions...of-print-soon/Screenshot_20230215_131004_Instagram.jpg
Old 15th February 2023, 03:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
There's a small clearance sale on Eureka's site. Only a handful of titles. £11 each or two for £20. A handy heads up on the imminent OOP status rather than its a particularly good deal.

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/promotions...of-print-soon/Attachment 244712
Can't decide about The Bird Man of Alcatraz. Only seen it the one time on dvd and did enjoy it.
Old 15th February 2023, 03:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Can't decide about The Bird Man of Alcatraz. Only seen it the one time on dvd and did enjoy it.
Only one I want is Monkey Shines and it's marginally cheaper from Shamazon.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 15th February 2023, 03:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Only one I want is Monkey Shines and it's marginally cheaper from Shamazon.
That's the strange thing. Bestmediagroup who are selling via Amazon at the lower price are Eureka themselves.
Old 15th February 2023, 04:41 PM
Cultist

Unhappy

I can't buy films from Eureka online because I'm living in a hostel for the homeless so i can't open a bank account so i have to go out and buy my films from hmv & fopp and as they do not stock films from Eureka anymore so i have not been able to buy their films in years so i have missed out on some good films from them they are lots of people like me who are in the same situation i love films and not being able to buy films from them is depressing but you can't have everything but at least i can still buy from people like arrow and 88 films
Old 15th February 2023, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran

Bestmediagroup on Amazon is Eureka by the way, it’s their Amazon shop front

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th February 2023, 05:18 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter alex View Post
I can't buy films from Eureka online because I'm living in a hostel for the homeless so i can't open a bank account so i have to go out and buy my films from hmv & fopp and as they do not stock films from Eureka anymore so i have not been able to buy their films in years so i have missed out on some good films from them they are lots of people like me who are in the same situation i love films and not being able to buy films from them is depressing but you can't have everything but at least i can still buy from people like arrow and 88 films

It’s very frustrating that they haven’t mended their falling out with HMV/Fopp yet, with Powerhouse Indicator slowly getting there it’s only Eureka who haven’t got back into the high street. I feel like I miss out on a lot of new releases because I don’t see them on the shelf.

About your banking situation, have you tried the app only banks like Monzo or Starling?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th February 2023, 07:36 PM
Cult Addict

Eureka used to have some great sales. Sadly no more. I know things go up but labels like 101 and Indicator seem to have some super sales. Even 88 who I wouldn't normally use direct have a great last chance section for stuff about to go OOP.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 15th February 2023, 09:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Eureka used to have some great sales. Sadly no more. I know things go up but labels like 101 and Indicator seem to have some super sales. Even 88 who I wouldn't normally use direct have a great last chance section for stuff about to go OOP.
The thing with Eureka catalogue titles is once they've been out a little while they drop to that £9.50- £11 mark which i think is decent value. Out of sale Arrow and 88 titles are still at least £13-15 so you need those reductions which brings them in line with Eureka's normal price.

For example the Arrow stuff are currently £9.99 on Amazon and £9 on Arrow's site plus however much postage per title. I was thinking of getting either The Man from Laramie or Khartoum next from Eureka neither of which are over £10.50 normal price.

I've bought several in recent weeks - Two Rode Together, Born Free, The African Queen, Day of the Outlaw, The Vikings and Five Graves to Cairo

And before anyone says but The Inner Sanctum Mysteries is still £22 or Karloff at Columbia is £17.99, well how much do Arrow, Indicator and 88 Films ask for six film sets? A hell of a lot more than those prices.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!