Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2013, 07:53 PM
Cult Addict

The Kaneto Shindo double bill will be first day buys for me.
oaxaca likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 22nd April 2013, 08:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Some of the extras
Quote:
Le Pont du Nord
• A lengthy booklet with writing about the film by Arthur Mas, Andy Rector, Serge Daney, and Caroline Champetier
• Writing from the original press-book by Jacques Rivette, and Jean Narboni
• Rare archival imagery
• and more

The Birth of a Nation
• Music by the Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra in 2.0 stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
• Short archival introductions to the film by D. W. Griffith and Walter Huston
• Newly rediscovered original intermission sequence and 1930 re-release title sequence
• Seven Civil War shorts directed by Griffith:
In the Border States (1910)
The House with Closed Shutters (1910)
The Fugitive (1910)
His Trust (1910)
His Trust Fulfilled (1910)
Swords and Hearts (1911)
and The Battle (1911).
• A lengthy booklet with writing about the film, rare archival imagery, and more.

Tabu

• New transfer of the Murnau-Stiftung / Luciano Berriatúa 75th anniversary restoration of the pre-Paramount, longer Murnau-approved version of the film, with uncensored scenes and titlecards, appearing in its original 1.19:1 aspect ratio for the first time
• Full-length commentary track by R. Dixon Smith and Brad Stevens
• 15-minute German documentary about Tabu by Luciano Berriatúa
• Newly presented outtakes from the original shoot of the film
• Treibjagd in der Südsee (1940) - an archival short film
• 56-page Booklet with articles by Scott Eyman, Richard Griffiths, and David Flaherty
• An interview with the film’s cinematographer Floyd Crosby
• The original story treatments written by Murnau and Flaherty for Tabu and its aborted predecessor Turia.

The Naked Island

• Full-length audio commentary by director Kaneto Shindô and composer Hikaru Hayashi
• Video introduction by Alex Cox
• 24-page booklet with an essay by Acquarello, and a reprint of Joan Mellen’s interview with Shindô from Voices from the Japanese Cinema
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'll be picking up all of these
Old 13th May 2013, 11:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

From Eureka :
Quote:
We're thrilled to announce: we'll be releasing Andrew Bujalski's new film: the brilliant, and visionary, COMPUTER CHESS, on MoC in '14.
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:13 AM
Cultist

I could do with buying more, I have Nosferatu, Hausu & kwaidan though... all brilliant releases.
Old 28th May 2013, 08:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

New releases up for pre-order on Eureka's site!

Quote:
Dear Friends,

We're excited to be welcoming a new director to the Masters of Cinema series, and he is the youngest director to be featured in the series! We're talking about Antonio Campos... our Simon Killer release will now be part of the Masters of Cinema series with The DVD and Blu-ray now planned for an August release, more details coming soon.

Outside of the Masters of Cinema Series, our release of Come As You Are hits cinemas across the UK from 7th June, to find out where it is showing near you visit our dedicated microsite and follow our dedicated Twitter feed for all the latest news.

Our June releases, Kuroneko, The Naked Island and Tabu, are now available to pre-order and we've, yet again, got a great early-bird pre-order special offer. If you order all three of these releases together in one order we will send you a copy of Toshio Matsumoto's Funeral Parade of Roses on DVD absolutely free. This offer expires one week from today (i.e.Tuesday 4th June) so don't miss out. As always we'll be shipping the new titles as soon as they arrive with us. For early delivery and a free DVD preorder yours here.

We're on Facebook and Twitter so like and follow them for all the news on Eureka and Masters of Cinema titles.

Best wishes,

Ron Benson and all at Eureka Entertainment.
Old 5th August 2013, 12:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

From Eureka
Quote:
Eureka! Entertainment are delighted to announce the theatrical and home video releases of Ted Kotcheff's cult classic Wake in Fright (1971) as part of The Masters of Cinema Series, a fascinating rediscovery of a key work of the "Australian New Wave" and so-called "Ozploitation" movement, which was nominated for the prestigious Palme d'Or at the 1971 Cannes film festival.

Neglected for decades, Wake in Fright was expertly restored in 2009 by Australia's National Film and Sound Archive and hand-selected by legendary film director Martin Scorsese to screen at Cannes once more. Wake in Fright's reputation as a brutally haunting, psychologically gripping one-off has been growing exponentially since, and we are proud to be able to bring this seminal shocker to audiences in the UK and Ireland.

Wake in Fright's theatrical run will be co-ordinated by Eureka! Entertainment with screenings in selected cinemas nationwide in early 2014, following a première at the Film4 FrightFest horror film festival in London, August 22–26, 2013.

Blu-ray/DVD releases will follow, in very special editions with a raft of special features to be announced nearer the release date, as part of Eureka! Entertainment's award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series.
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

New announcements
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Such a good announcement! The Mizoguchi releases will come out individually too 'cause some of us already have half the boxset.

sawyer6 likes this.
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:36 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Great artwork for Nosfetatu, and I'll also pick up Red River & Dr Mabuse. Was hoping MoC would release this, to go along with The Testament.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!