LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2016, 12:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Are they post free, B_E?

Edit - yes they are. I've just spent £40 on films this week which is annoying. Damn you HMV and your new Hollywood Classics collection with sexy slipcases.
I may endure a similar fate as I'm planning a trip to HMV on Monday... hoping to bag a copy of Tales of Halloween on Blu, which is released then. I'm sure it won't be the only thing I'll walk out with.

I'll have to be careful in what I spend these coming weeks though as I have £100 worth of HGL goodness arriving as well as (hopefully) Criterion's Lone Wolf and Cub set dispatching.
Old 21st October 2016, 12:46 PM
Cult Veteran

The Eureka webstore is so counter-intuitive that I always give up trying to find bargains on it and just go to their Amazon store-front instead

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st October 2016, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Eureka webstore is so counter-intuitive that I always give up trying to find bargains on it and just go to their Amazon store-front instead
It wasn't easy to find things at all.
Old 21st October 2016, 06:26 PM
Cult Addict

There's not a single title I'm interested in.
Old 25th October 2016, 05:06 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Eureka to release a steelbook upgrade of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari in Jan:

Quote:
January Releases Revealed #3: DAS CABINET DES DR CALIGARI, Robert Weine’s sinister tale of psychosis and murder, set in a warped Gothic landscape, will be released in a 2-disc Blu-ray SteelBook edition featuring the 2014 documentary FROM CALIGARI TO HITLER as part of the Masters of Cinema Series on 16 January 2017.

One of the most iconic masterpieces in cinema history, Robert Wiene's Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari shook filmgoers worldwide and changed the direction of the art form. Now presented in a definitive restoration, the film's chilling, radically expressionist vision is set to grip viewers again.

At a local carnival in a small German town, hypnotist Dr. Caligari presents the somnambulist Cesare, who can purportedly predict the future of curious fairgoers. But at night, the doctor wakes Cesare from his sleep to enact his evil bidding...

Incalculably influential, the film's nightmarishly jagged sets, sinister atmospheric and psychological emphasis left an immediate impact in its wake (horror, film noir, and gothic cinema would all be shaped directly by it). But this diabolical tale nevertheless stands alone - now more mesmerising than ever in this Blu-ray SteelBook edition, along with a bonus Blu-ray disc containing the 2014 documentary From Caligari to Hitler, exploring the social and cultural impact of German Cinema during the Weimar Republic.

SteelBook Special Features:

New high-definition presentation, from the extensive FWMS restoration | Option of Stereo and 5.1 surround scores | Original German intertitles with optional English subtitles | FROM CALIGARI TO HITLER: German Cinema in the Age of the Masses (STEELBOOK EXCLUSIVE) – A 2-hour documentary on German Cinema during the Weimar Republic (1918-1933) | New and exclusive audio commentary by film historian David Kalat | You Must Become Caligari - New video essay by film critic David Cairns | Caligari: The Birth of Horror in the First World War - 52 minute documentary on the cultural and historical impact of the film | On The Restoration - three short video pieces on the film's restoration | Trailer for the release of the new restoration on the film | 44-PAGE BOOKLET featuring vintage writing on the film by Lotte H. Eisner; an original Variety review of the film; and rare archival imagery
Old 25th October 2016, 05:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th October 2016, 06:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

This looks fantastic:

Old 29th October 2016, 10:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Eureka are releasing Fright Night as a limited edition Zavvi steelbook which is now up for preorder.

Fright Night - Dual Format Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes DVD) Blu-ray | Zavvi.com
Justin101 likes this.
Old 29th October 2016, 11:12 AM
Cult Veteran

I have the German release already, but it's bare bones. However I'll hold off and get the regular version when it comes out because the extras are pretty good here.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th October 2016, 11:48 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
Eureka are releasing Fright Night as a limited edition Zavvi steelbook which is now up for preorder.

Fright Night - Dual Format Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes DVD) Blu-ray | Zavvi.com
Bit pricey for my liking but if it drops a little I'll get it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!