Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2017, 08:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

really are some greedy bastards about, good luck trying to sell it at that price. its when people do stuff like that, that i hope zavvi get more stock in and the really bad scalpers are stuck with stock they can't shift.

FRIGHT NIGHT ZAVVI EXCLUSIVE ULTRA LIMITED STEELBOOK OOP SOLD OUT NEW | eBay
Old 5th January 2017, 11:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I still haven't received my Fright Night steelbook dispatched on the 29th December along with a bundle from the Classic Films Direct website sale dispatched on the 27th. Worried more on the Fright Night steelbook not being delivered due to being lost in the post as not prepared to pay the scalpers prices as sold out. I have contacted Zavvi to find out where my copy is and if they have held back any for lost or damaged copies but just waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
I still haven't received my Fright Night steelbook dispatched on the 29th December along with a bundle from the Classic Films Direct website sale dispatched on the 27th. Worried more on the Fright Night steelbook not being delivered due to being lost in the post as not prepared to pay the scalpers prices as sold out. I have contacted Zavvi to find out where my copy is and if they have held back any for lost or damaged copies but just waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed.
hope it turns up soon or if not they have some extra stock.
Old 5th January 2017, 04:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Arrived today.
An item to treasure.

Mark Meakin!
Nice to see you!

How's tricks?
I'm fine my friend & I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.I'm busy on REWIND DVD COMPARE adding specs most days but I still visit here, even if I don't post as regularly.
Old 10th January 2017, 04:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched Eureka's FRIGHT NIGHT last night.
It looks and sounds incredible.
The extras which I don't usually bother with are also well above and beyond the call of duty.
At 2 and a half hours,the Brewster you're so cool doc is the last word on the film from all surviving participants.

Anyone who missed the steelbook edition needs to pick this up in April when released.
For once,the word definitive is used accordingly!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st February 2017, 05:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

posted today on Facebook:

"Join us around 4pm tomorrow (2 Feb 2017) when we will finally be revealing details and plans about our forthcoming Masters of Cinema release of Fritz Lang's DER MÜDE TOD (aka DESTINY). Our April announcements will follow at 4pm on Tuesday (7 April 2017)"
Old 2nd February 2017, 03:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Revealed! DER MÜDE TOD (AKA Destiny), Fritz Lang’s visually ambitious, cinematic allegory starring Lil Dagover and Bernhard Goetzke, will be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 17 July 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2kV2YsC
Before directing numerous genre defining masterpieces such as Metropolis, M, and Spione, Fritz Lang was already defying cinematic conventions with Der müde Tod (literally, The Weary Death).
A young woman (Lil Dagover) confronts the personification of Death (Bernhard Goetzke), in an effort to save the life of her fiancé (Walter Janssen). Death weaves three romantic tragedies and offers to unite the girl with her lover, if she can prevent the death of the lovers in at least one of the episodes. Thus begin three exotic scenarios of ill-fated love, in which the woman must somehow reverse the course of destiny: Persia, Quattrocento Venice, and a fancifully rendered ancient China.
Rich in expressionist imagery and featuring innovative special effects work, Der müde Tod has often been overlooked amongst Lang’s early work, but has been hugely influential, with directors such as Alfred Hitchcock and Luis Buñuel citing it as a direct influence on their work. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film on Blu-ray and DVD for the first time in the UK in a new Dual-Format edition.
The Special Features will be as follows:
High definition presentation from the superb 2K restoration | Original German intertitles with optional English subtitles | Score by Cornelius Schwehr, performed by the Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra under the direction of conductor Frank Strobel | Feature length audio commentary by film critic Tim Lucas | A new video essay by David Cairns | A booklet featuring a new essay by Philip Kemp and more!
Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2kV2YsC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muedetod.jpg (92.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 14th February 2017, 03:16 PM
Cult Addict

New Announcement! HARD TIMES, Walter Hill’s two-fisted action drama featuring Charles Bronson at his explosive best, will be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a Dual Format edition on 24 April 2017. Pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lfduub

The American action auteur Walter Hill made a magnificent debut with this pulp triumph, featuring evocative period atmosphere and sterling performances from Charles Bronson and James Coburn.

Bronson plays a drifter suddenly caught up in the fight game during the Great Depression. Chaney, a down-on-his-luck loner, hops a freight train to New Orleans where, on the seedier side of town, he tries to make some quick money the only way he knows how - with his fists. Chaney approaches a hustler named Speed (James Coburn) and convinces him that he can win big money for them both.

Gritty, vivid and engrossing, the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present this 1970s gem, available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, and presented from a new 4K restoration, in a new Dual-Format edition.

Special Features including:
- New 4K restoration
- Uncompressed PCM and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired
- NFT Audio Interview with director Walter Hill
- Original theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring new and archival writing and rare archival imagery

HARD TIMES (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format Edition Pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lfduub
mr 420, TJ Doc and keirarts like this.
Old 14th February 2017, 03:17 PM
Cult Addict

New Announcement! DRUNKEN MASTER, the Original Kung-Fu Classic starring the undisputed Godfather of Martial Arts Action-Comedy Jackie Chan, will be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Dual-format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 24 April 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2kmmSgl

Hong Kong action pioneer Yuen Woo-ping (The Matrix; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and martial arts superstar Jackie Chan burst onto the scene in 1978 with a one-two punch of kung fu masterpieces, and it was the second of these, Drunken Master, with its Keatonesque slapstick and flawlessly choreographed fight scenes that would leave the biggest impact.

Jackie Chan plays Wong Fei-hung (a legendary Chinese folk hero who has also been portrayed on screen by Jet Li, Gordon Liu and Donnie Yen amongst many others), who is punished for his frequent troublemaking by being forced to study under the martial arts master Su Hua Chi (Yuen Siu-tien), notorious for his drinking as much as he is for leaving his students crippled. Wong proves himself an adept pupil, but his new skills are soon put to the test when his own father is targeted by a brutal assassin (Hwang Jang Lee, Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow).

Frequently ranked as one of the greatest martial arts films of all time, Drunken Master revolutionised modern action cinema, and the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in a new Dual-Format edition.

DUAL FORMAT SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

- Definitive transfer from 4K digital restoration
- The original complete Cantonese soundtrack, rarely heard on home video
- Alternate Cantonese, English and Mandarin audio options
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Audio commentary by Hong Kong film experts Ric Meyers and Jeff Yang
- New video interview with director Yuen Woo-ping
- Video interview with Jackie Chan
- New video interview with film scholar Tony Rayns
- New video appreciation by director Gareth Evans (The Raid film series)
- Deleted scene
- Original trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring new writing and archival imagery

Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2kmmSgl
Old 14th February 2017, 03:18 PM
Cult Addict

New Announcement! THE BLUE LAGOON, a sensuous story of natural love starring Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins, will be released for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 10 April 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lfirTR

The lush beauty and splendour of a South Pacific paradise is vividly captured in this version of Henry De Vere Stacpoole’s 1903 novel.
Two small children and a ship’s cook survive a shipwreck and find safety on an idyllic tropical island. Soon, however, the cook dies and the young boy and girl are left on their own. Days become years and Emmeline (Brooke Shields) and Richard (Christopher Atkins) make a home for themselves surrounded by exotic creatures and nature’s beauty.

They learn to cope with the bewildering variety of physical and emotional changes that come with adolescence. As they begin to mature, their childhood affections lead to a sensitive and more profound love. But will they ever see civilisation again?

SPECIAL FEATURES including:
Stunning High-Definition presentation | Isolated music and effects track | Two separate audio commentary tracks, featuring director Randal Kleiser, Brooke Shields, Christopher Atkins and writer Douglas Day Stewart | An Adventure in Filmmaking – featurette on the films production | Theatrical trailer

THE BLUE LAGOON Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lfirTR
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!