Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2019, 04:31 PM
Cult Master

September 16th, 2019 - High Noon Blu-Ray - Pre-order at Amazon UK £23.20

"Product description

One of the most treasured Hollywood classics, and one of the most influential and iconic Westerns ever made, High Noon remains a powerful study of heroism, and the tension between the individual and the society around him. One of the best films by director Fred Zinnemann (From Here to Eternity) -- and produced by Stanley Kramer -- High Noon is riveting entertainment and an acknowledged American masterpiece, yet one with surprisingly tumultuous roots.

In his Oscar-winning performance, Gary Cooper stars as small town Marshal Will Kane, preparing to retire and leave town with his young bride Amy (Grace Kelly). However, plans are derailed with the impending arrival of outlaw Frank and his brutal gang. Unfolding in real time, High Noon follows Will as he futilely tries to assemble a posse with the reluctant townspeople, who want Will to forget about a conflict -- as does Amy, a Quaker pacifist who just wants to avoid violence. But as high noon approaches, Will realises he must do the moral thing...with or without help.

While the film has become a favourite of U.S. presidents from Eisenhower and Reagan to Clinton, its release was controversial: John Wayne (who had turned down the role) and Howard Hawks hated it, precisely because it was viewed as a thinly veiled allegory for the House Un-American Activities Committee hearings investigating communism at the time. Its politics make it even more intriguing now, but regardless, High Noon is one of the most important -- and gripping films -- of the 1950s"

LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES

Hardbound Slipcase PLUS: A LIMITED EDITION 100-PAGE Collector s book featuring new writing on the film; the original short story The Tin Star by John W. Cunningham; excerpts from writings and interviews with director Fred Zinnemann; archival articles and materials relating to the film

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 4K Digital Restoration
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Brand new and exclusive audio commentary by historian Glenn Frankel, author of High Noon: The Hollywood Blacklist and the Making of an American Classic
  • Brand new and exclusive audio commentary by western authority Stephen Prince
  • New video interview with film historian Neil Sinyard, author of Fred Zinnemann: Films of Character and Conscience
  • A 1969 audio interview with writer Carl Foreman from the National Film Theatre in London
  • The Making of High Noon [22 mins] a documentary on the making of the film
  • Inside High Noon [47 mins] and Behind High Noon [10 mins] two video pieces on the making and context of the film
  • Theatrical Trailer

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th July 2019, 04:37 PM
Cult Master

September 16th, 2019 - Jackie Chan's Police Story & Police Story 2 Blu-Ray - Pre-Order at Amazon UK £18.78

"Two of Jackie Chan s most iconic films explode onto Blu-ray from incredible 4K restorations! Featuring some of the most dangerous stunts ever performed on camera, Police Story and Police Story 2 are a dazzling blend of gritty action cop drama and impeccably choreographed martial-arts sequences that revitalized the Hong Kong action genre and established Jackie Chan as a worldwide superstar.

Police Story considered by Jackie Chan himself to be his best film in terms of pure action, Police Story stars Chan as super cop Chan Ka-Kui, who goes up against a notorious crime lord in a series of escalating set-pieces that resulted in many of Jackie s stunt team being hospitalised.

Police Story 2 Demoted to traffic cop after the events of the first film, Chan Ka-Kui is reinstated to the detective unit when a deadly gang of explosive experts blow up a building and threaten to blow up more if their demands are not met. Featuring yet more bravura stunt work, and even more injuries to its cast and crew, Police Story 2 is to this day considered one of the best action films ever made.

Presented from 4K restorations and fully uncut, Eureka Classics is proud to present Jackie Chan s Police Story and Police Story 2 on Blu-ray in a 2-disc set."

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • 1080p presentations of both films, sourced from immaculate 4K restorations including Police Story 2 in its full 2 hour version for the first time ever in the UK
  • Original Cantonese mono audio track for Police Story
  • Restored Cantonese 5.1 audio presentations for both films
  • Optional English audio tracks
  • Optional Mandarin audio tracks
  • Optional English subtitles
  • The Police Force version of the first film, originally re-edited for the US video market and featuring its own electronic score by Kevin Bassinson
  • Police Story Deleted and extended scenes, including alternate opening and ending sequences
  • Police Story 2 Outtakes
  • Jackie Chan (40 mins) A documentary on Jackie Chan s early career from cult film documentary series, Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show
  • Archival Interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins)
  • Interview with Benny Lai (15 mins)
  • Jackie Chan stunts promotional trailer

Demoncrat likes this.

Old 5th August 2019, 07:57 PM
Cult Master

August 12, 2019 - 'The Incident'. Dual version - pre-order at Amazon UK = £13.99

Last Train On The Left – The Incident Is The 1960s Most Underrated Movie

"Product Description

A riveting urban tension thriller, and a fantastic snapshot of 1967 New York City in all its seedy, black-and-white glory, The Incident also features an iconic 60s cast that must be seen to be believed. Martin Sheen makes his feature film debut as one of two small-time hoods the other is Tony Musante (The Bird with the Crystal Plumage) in one of his earliest roles terrorising a subway car full of trapped passengers, portrayed by an ensemble cast including Thelma Ritter (Rear Window), Beau Bridges (The Fabulous Baker Boys), Ed McMahon, Donna Mills (Play Misty for Me), Jack Gilford (Save the Tiger), Brock Peters (To Kill a Mockingbird), Ruby Dee (A Raisin in the Sun), and a host of other instantly recognisable faces from NYC films and television of the era.

After mugging an old man for a few dollars, thugs Artie (Sheen) and Joe (Musante) hop a subway deep in the Bronx, and proceed to threaten and intimidate the Sunday night commuters all the way to Times Square. The terrified riders are a mixed group an elderly Jewish couple, a family trying to protect their 5-year-old daughter, an alcoholic, two teens on a date, two military Privates, a bigoted African-American man and his wife, etc. but they are united by their fear and sense of helplessness as switchblade-wielding Joe and Artie block the subway doors from opening at stops, and prevent the riders from leaving. Will any of them have the courage to confront the two maniacs?

A high-velocity "home invasion"-styled hostage drama on rails, The Incident is a NYC transit suspense film that precedes the better-known The Taking of Pelham One Two Three by seven years. When director Larry Peerce (Goodbye, Columbus) and cinematographer Gerald Hirschfeld (Young Frankenstein) were denied permission to shoot in the NYC subways, they did it anyway, using concealed cameras for some footage, providing a gritty time capsule of the 60s Big Apple as it begins to rot.

DUAL FORMAT SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 1080p high-definition digital transfer, available for the first time ever on Blu-ray
  • Uncompressed monaural soundtrack (on Blu-ray)
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Brand new and exclusive audio commentary by film critic and writer Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • Audio Commentary with Director Larry Peerce and Film Historian Nick Redman
  • Post-screening Q&A with director Larry Peerce, filmed at the 2017 Wisconsin Film Festival [30 mins]
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • PLUS: a collector s booklet featuring new writing by film writer Samm Deighan, and critic and journalist Barry Forshaw; Welcome to Fear City: A Survival Guide for Visitors to the City of New York a reprint of the notorious pamphlet distributed at the height of New York s crime epidemic

Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.

Old 6th August 2019, 10:19 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Masters of Cinema and Masters of Horror feature amongst Eureka’s OCTOBER LINE UP, 4 releases featuring 8 films will be revealed in less than 48 hours time! The announcement will take place at 3pm BST Thursday 8 August 2019 via our usual social media channels. Let the guessing game commence!
Old 6th August 2019, 11:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hope one of them is Monster Squad
bleakshaun likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th August 2019, 06:51 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I think Der Golem will be one.
Rik, Demoncrat, Dave Boy and 1 others like this.
Old 7th August 2019, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, few people on Facebook think that too. Also noticed that practically every guess is being shot down by everyone’s favourite troll, our old mate Jon Dracup AKA POOCHJD
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th August 2019, 10:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

I hope Der Golem is one of the titles. I'm in for that.
Demoncrat and markchro like this.
Old 7th August 2019, 08:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Last years titles were crackers.

Let's hope this a yearly occurence in October.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th August 2019, 08:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Dark Half Dual is one of them.....
markchro likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!