Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2020, 09:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Have you all found the 'hidden' feature on the Lugosi set?
Old 28th July 2020, 07:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Interesting though. I wonder if its something to do with the encode that my player just can't handle. Plays beautifully on my PS3 which ironically is even older than my samsung blu player.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes, that's why I said see if anyone with the same player is having the same problem. The Powerhouse/The Legacy problem was related to just a few players and was down to the way the disc was encoded.
Old 28th July 2020, 08:08 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Have you all found the 'hidden' feature on the Lugosi set?
Mine ain’t arrived yet.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th July 2020, 06:00 PM
Cult Veteran

Eureka Halloween Releases

A great line-up IMO and I've ordered all three.

976-EVIL (Blu-ray)
Release Date: 19th October 2020

SYNOPSIS
Director Robert Englund (the iconic Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street series) dials up a gothic tale of high-tech horror in 976-EVIL.

High school underdog Hoax (Stephen Geoffreys – Fright Night) fills up the idle hours in his seedy little hometown fending off the local leather-jacketed thugs, avoiding his overbearing mother (Sandy Dennis) and dreaming of a date with trailer park temptress Suzie (Lezlie Deane), But his quietly desperate life takes a terrifying turn when his cousin introduces him to an unusual new hobby – phoning in for his “horrorscope”. Hoax is hooked up with a compellingly hideous demonic force that slowly begins to overtake his entire life and now there’s more than just a phone bill to pay for anyone who ever dared cross “the neighbourhood nerd”.

Co-written by Brian Helgeland (L.A. Confidential, Mystic River) and featuring incredibly practical effects work from Robert Kurtzman and Howard Berger, Eureka Classics is proud to present 976-EVIL on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase [2000 copies]
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 and LPCM 2.0 audio options
  • English subtitles (SDH)
  • Audio commentary with director Robert Englund and set decorate Nancy Booth Englund
  • 976-EVIL: home video version [105 mins, SD]: An extended version of the film from its original home video release on VHS
  • New interview with special make-up effects artist Howard Berger (The Walking Dead)
  • New interview with special effects technician Kevin Yagher (Nightmare on Elm Street)
  • New interview with producer Lisa M. Hansen
  • Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Craig Ian Mann [2000 copies]

Sleepwalkers (Blu-ray)

SYNOPSIS
Stephen King’s Sleepwalkers is a classic horror story that takes a perfect Normal Rockwell town… and turns it inside out.
Brian Krause, Mädchen Amick (Twin Peaks), and Alice Krige (Chariots of Fire) star in this terrifying tale of modern-day vampires who move from small town to small town to prey on virtuous young women. Imperceptibly inhuman to everyone except for felines, these vicious shapeshifters have their eyes on a new victim: Tanya (Amick), who has fallen for Charles, the new boy at her school.
Making its debut on Blu-ray in the UK, Eureka Classics is proud to present Stephen King’s Sleepwalkers.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase with silver laminate finish [2000 copies]
  • New Audio Commentary with director Mick Garris and film historian Lee Gambin
  • Audio Commentary with director Mick Garris, Mädchen Amick, and Brian Krause
  • New interviews with Cast & Crew (details TBC owing to COVID-19)
  • Behind-the-scenes footage
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Craig Ian Mann [2000 copies]

The Bride With White Hair (Blu-ray)
Release Date: 26th October 2020

SYNOPSIS
Ronny Yu (The Phantom Lover; Warriors Of Virtue; The Bride of Chucky) directs this highly operatic fable based on a well-known martial arts novel with Leslie Cheung (A Better Tomorrow; Farewell, My Concubine) and Brigitte Lin (Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain; Police Story) as doomed lovers caught in the crossfire of warring clans.

Cheung plays Zhuo Yihang, a rebellious but extremely talented swordsman of the Wudang Sect (aka the Wu-Tang Clan, a fictional martial arts sect that appears in many wuxia novels and films). One day he meets and falls in love with Lian Nichang (Lin), the adopted daughter of a rival cult led by the villainous Ji Wushuang. Zhuo convinces Lian to leave the cult to be with him, a decision which will ultimately lead to death and betrayal.

With beautiful cinematography by Peter Pau (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and over-the-top action sequences, The Bride with White Hair is one of the best swordplay fantasy films ever made, and Eureka Classics is proud to present the film from a brand new 4K restoration in its UK debut on Blu-ray.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a stunning new 4K restoration
  • Cantonese audio, available in original mono and restored 5.1 presentations
  • Optional English and Mandarin audio tracks
  • Newly translated English subtitles
  • Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
  • Audio commentary with director Ronny Yu
  • Brand new interview with director Ronny Yu
  • Archival “making of” featurette
  • Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th July 2020, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not bothered for the Bride with White Hair, but I’m gonna pick up the other 2, been years since I watched 976-EVIL
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th July 2020, 07:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

is the 976-Evil release compromised? I can't work it out from the online information. According to Melon Farmers there has never been an uncut release in the UK. And other sources talk about a long version but is that a rogue edit and the short version definitive? Bottom line for me is do we get the 8s cut by the BBFC back?
Old 30th July 2020, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Eureka Halloween Releases

A great line-up IMO and I've ordered all three.

976-EVIL (Blu-ray)

SYNOPSIS
Director Robert Englund (the iconic Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street series) dials up a gothic tale of high-tech horror in 976-EVIL.

High school underdog Hoax (Stephen Geoffreys – Fright Night) fills up the idle hours in his seedy little hometown fending off the local leather-jacketed thugs, avoiding his overbearing mother (Sandy Dennis) and dreaming of a date with trailer park temptress Suzie (Lezlie Deane), But his quietly desperate life takes a terrifying turn when his cousin introduces him to an unusual new hobby – phoning in for his “horrorscope”. Hoax is hooked up with a compellingly hideous demonic force that slowly begins to overtake his entire life and now there’s more than just a phone bill to pay for anyone who ever dared cross “the neighbourhood nerd”.

Co-written by Brian Helgeland (L.A. Confidential, Mystic River) and featuring incredibly practical effects work from Robert Kurtzman and Howard Berger, Eureka Classics is proud to present 976-EVIL on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase [2000 copies]
  • Audio commentary with director Robert Englund and set decorate Nancy Booth Englund
  • 976-EVIL: home video version [105 mins, SD]: An extended version of the film from its original home video release on VHS
  • New interview with special make-up effects artist Howard Berger (The Walking Dead)
  • New interview with special effects technician Kevin Yagher (Nightmare on Elm Street)
  • New interview with producer Lisa M. Hansen

Sleepwalkers (Blu-ray)

SYNOPSIS
Stephen King’s Sleepwalkers is a classic horror story that takes a perfect Normal Rockwell town… and turns it inside out.
Brian Krause, Mädchen Amick (Twin Peaks), and Alice Krige (Chariots of Fire) star in this terrifying tale of modern-day vampires who move from small town to small town to prey on virtuous young women. Imperceptibly inhuman to everyone except for felines, these vicious shapeshifters have their eyes on a new victim: Tanya (Amick), who has fallen for Charles, the new boy at her school.
Making its debut on Blu-ray in the UK, Eureka Classics is proud to present Stephen King’s Sleepwalkers.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase with silver laminate finish [2000 copies]
  • New Audio Commentary with director Mick Garris and film historian Lee Gambin
  • Audio Commentary with director Mick Garris, Mädchen Amick, and Brian Krause
  • New interviews with Cast & Crew (details TBC owing to COVID-19)
  • Behind-the-scenes footage
  • Theatrical trailer

The Bride With White Hair (Blu-ray)
Release Date: 26th October 2020

SYNOPSIS
Ronny Yu (The Phantom Lover; Warriors Of Virtue; The Bride of Chucky) directs this highly operatic fable based on a well-known martial arts novel with Leslie Cheung (A Better Tomorrow; Farewell, My Concubine) and Brigitte Lin (Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain; Police Story) as doomed lovers caught in the crossfire of warring clans.

Cheung plays Zhuo Yihang, a rebellious but extremely talented swordsman of the Wudang Sect (aka the Wu-Tang Clan, a fictional martial arts sect that appears in many wuxia novels and films). One day he meets and falls in love with Lian Nichang (Lin), the adopted daughter of a rival cult led by the villainous Ji Wushuang. Zhuo convinces Lian to leave the cult to be with him, a decision which will ultimately lead to death and betrayal.

With beautiful cinematography by Peter Pau (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and over-the-top action sequences, The Bride with White Hair is one of the best swordplay fantasy films ever made, and Eureka Classics is proud to present the film from a brand new 4K restoration in its UK debut on Blu-ray.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a stunning new 4K restoration
  • Cantonese audio, available in original mono and restored 5.1 presentations
  • Optional English and Mandarin audio tracks
  • Newly translated English subtitles
  • Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
  • Audio commentary with director Ronny Yu
  • Brand new interview with director Ronny Yu
  • Archival “making of” featurette
  • Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]
Ya F@!king beauty bout time 976-Evil got a proper release aswell as Sleepwalkers
Old 30th July 2020, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
is the 976-Evil release compromised? I can't work it out from the online information. According to Melon Farmers there has never been an uncut release in the UK. And other sources talk about a long version but is that a rogue edit and the short version definitive? Bottom line for me is do we get the 8s cut by the BBFC back?
I can't imagine it's going to be trimmed by 8s, it's been out in the US and Germany and I imagine this will be the same master as those two. The long version is included in the Eureka set, it's SD only sourced from video as it was only ever released on VHS.
it'smebilly and Rob4 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th July 2020, 11:01 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not bothered for the Bride with White Hair, but I’m gonna pick up the other 2, been years since I watched 976-EVIL
It's been on my radar for some time now The Bride, so probably pre-order this one, until October I will forget about it.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 27th August 2020, 07:36 PM
Cult Master

'THE H-MAN' & 'BATTLE IN OUTER SPACE' (1958 & 1959) - Ishirō Honda Double Feature Blu-ray pre-order available at Eureka direct - £26.99

Release date: November 16

"In Tokyo, a mysterious radioactive liquid is dissolving people into slimy, sentient, seemingly indestructible, blobs of destruction! Part-Japanese gangster noir, part-gooey body melting horror, The H-Man (Bijo to Ekitai-ningen – ‘Beauty and the Liquid People’) is one of the most unique sci-fi films of the 1950s.

A series of mysterious catastrophes sweep the globe, causing the world’s scientists to conclude that beings from another planet are attacking Earth, and the world must unite to defend itself in a gigantic battle in outer space! With wonderful special effects sequences by Eiji Tsuburaya (Godzilla, Ultraman), and a rousing score by Akira Ifukube (Godzilla), Battle in Outer Space is a glorious sci-fi extravaganza.

The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present two classics of Japanese sci-fi cinema, both directed by the great Ishirō Honda, for the first time ever on home video in the UK."

Special features:
  • O Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
  • Includes both Japanese and English versions of each film, presented across two Blu-ray discs.
  • Original mono audio presentations
  • English subtitles (for Japanese versions) and English SDH (for English versions)
  • The H-Man: Brand new audio commentary with authors and Japanese sci-fi historians Steve Ryfle and Ed Godziszewski
  • The H-Man: Brand new audio commentary with film historian and writer David Kalat
  • Battle in Outer Space: Audio commentary with authors and Japanese sci-fi historians Steve Ryfle and Ed Godziszewski
  • Battle in Outer Space: Brand new audio commentary with film historian and writer David Kalat
  • Stills Galleries
  • A collector’s booklet featuring essays by Christopher Stewardson and Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp (Midnight Eye)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!