Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th November 2021, 10:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

New Announcement

THE INDIAN TOMB, Joe May’s lavish adventure thriller written by Thea von Harbou and Fritz Lang, will be released on Blu-ray to mark the 100th Anniversary of the film. Presented from a 2K restoration available for the first time ever in the UK, and released as part of The Masters of Cinema Series from 21 February 2022. PRE-ORDER now from the Eureka Store https://bit.ly/3kEwP5D Zavvi https://bit.ly/3wWyKHT
One of the grandest German epics of the silent era, Joe May’s two-part adaptation of Thea von Harbou’s 1918 novel is an artistic triumph.
Conrad Veidt gives an incredible performance as a dominating maharajah who commissions a German architect (Olaf Fønss) to build the most magnificent mausoleum ever constructed, where he intends to imprison his wife whilst she is still alive as a terrible revenge for her infidelity.
Rich in exotic imagery and mysticism, THE INDIAN TOMB (DAS INDISCHE GRABMAL) is a stunning epic and a thrilling adventure. The Masters of Cinema is proud to present the film across two Blu-ray discs, fully restored in 2K and available for the first time ever in the UK.

SPECIAL EDITION TWO-DISC BLU-RAY CONTAINS:
Both parts presented in 1080p HD, across two Blu-ray discs from 2K restorations undertaken by the Murnau foundation (FWMS) | Musical Score (2018) by Irena and Vojtěch Havel | Optional English subtitles | Brand New video essay by David Cairns & Fiona Watson | PLUS: A collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Philip Kemp
THE INDIAN TOMB (DAS INDISCHE GRABMAL) (Masters of Cinema) 2-Disc Blu-ray is available to PRE-ORDER NOW from the Eureka Store https://bit.ly/3kEwP5D Zavvi https://bit.ly/3wWyKHT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IndianTomb.jpg (98.4 KB, 11 views)
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th December 2021, 04:34 PM
Cult Master

'Dreadnaught' (1981) - Coming to Blu-ray in 2022

"A short-tempered, violent criminal named "White Tiger" is on the run from the police and joins a theater troupe for disguise, killing anyone who angers him or who suspects his identity. One person he unsuccessfully tries to kill several times is a cowardly laundry man named "Mousy" who manages to escape mostly by running and hiding. When a very close friend of Mousy's is killed by the White Tiger, Mousy overcomes his cowardliness enough to seek revenge. Spectacular martial arts and acrobatics highlight the film, including a well choreographed fight between two pairs of men in dragon costume"

MORE INFO TBA

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dreadnaught.jpg (102.7 KB, 8 views)
ramses and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th December 2021, 05:03 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

****ing hell,Asian cinema must really sell well all over the camp!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th December 2021, 09:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
****ing hell,Asian cinema must really sell well all over the camp!
Popular? Yes! But I also suspect there is a licence fee: sales returns ratio that is driving the glut at present, rather than them outselling the other genre categories.
Old 28th December 2021, 11:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Popular? Yes! But I also suspect there is a licence fee: sales returns ratio that is driving the glut at present, rather than them outselling the other genre categories.
Whatever it is i'm saving money on new releases and able to pick up back catalogue titles i missed.
Old 4th January 2022, 07:07 AM
Cult Master

'The Shaolin Plot' (1977) - Coming to Blu-ray in 2022

"This 1977 Hong Kong action film gave Sammo Hung his first starring role. A sinister martial arts master moves violently through Hong Kong. The only person standing in his way is his best student."

MORE INFO TBA

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Shaolin Plot.jpg (90.9 KB, 7 views)

Old 4th January 2022, 05:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

nosferatu42 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th January 2022, 07:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post

If you think it's bad that we are getting a glut of Asian titles now...

...just wait until Arrow or 88Films discover the joys of Bollywood movies!

Old 27th January 2022, 05:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

April Release

A trio of chilling sci-fi tales from the vaults of Universal Pictures, starring a number of genre legends including Lionel Atwill (Son of Frankenstein), Lon Chaney, Jr. (The Wolf Man), Grant Williams (The Incredible Shrinking Man).

A mad scientist transforms a carnival performer (Lon Chaney, Jr.) into a murderous monster in Man-Made Monster (dir. George Waggner, 1941). In The Monolith Monsters (dir. John Sherwood, 1957), a giant meteor crashes to Earth and the fragments begin to spread – turning everyone they come into contact with to stone! And finally, fear stalks the seemingly tranquil halls of Dunsfield University in Monster on the Campus (dir. Jack Arnold, 1958) when a palaeontology professor becomes infected with irradiated blood and begins to devolve into a primitive beast.

SPECIAL FEATURES
Limited Edition O-Card slipcase [2000 copies]

1080p presentations on Blu-ray

Disc One – Man-Made Monster and The Monolith Monsters

Disc Two – Monster on the Campus (available in both 1.33:1 and 1.85:1 aspect ratios)

Man-Made Monster – Brand new audio commentary with author Stephen Jones and author / critic Kim Newman

The Monolith Monsters – Brand new audio commentary with Kevin Lyons and Jonathan Rigby

Monster on the Campus – Brand new audio commentary with author Stephen Jones and author / critic Kim Newman

A Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films included in this set by film scholar Craig Ian Mann [2000 copies]

There's some more Hong Kong stuff but i don't give a monkeys about those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EKA70457-3MTalesOfSciFiTerror-OCard_website.jpg (51.0 KB, 148 views)
Old 27th January 2022, 08:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
April Release

There's some more Hong Kong stuff but i don't give a monkeys about those.
I'll be having that, and thought exactly the same about the Asian flicks.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!