Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

Nostalgic 17th October 2012 05:45 PM

Just wondering, are there any additional materials (ie, interviews etc) on the new BFI releases?

I, like many people, impulsively bought the Australian box set (ironically, from the BFI shop Southbank) after they claimed they were not going to release these, and I can't help but think I should have waited.

Also, are the single releases single or double disc sets? As I want to get the complete box set (again) now at end of october if there are features on it, but 36 seems really cheap when the single releases are going for around 13.99 each! Just wondering if the singles have anything on them that may not be in the boxset when it arrives?

Also, Stone Tape....will be getting that.

October has been a stupidly expensive month so far......!!!!

SharonLynette 17th October 2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 283226)
Just wondering, are there any additional materials (ie, interviews etc) on the new BFI releases?

I, like many people, impulsively bought the Australian box set (ironically, from the BFI shop Southbank) after they claimed they were not going to release these, and I can't help but think I should have waited.

Also, are the single releases single or double disc sets? As I want to get the complete box set (again) now at end of october if there are features on it, but 36 seems really cheap when the single releases are going for around 13.99 each! Just wondering if the singles have anything on them that may not be in the boxset when it arrives?

Also, Stone Tape....will be getting that.

October has been a stupidly expensive month so far......!!!!

Further details here;

bfi dvd press release ghost stories for christmas 2012-09-19

At one point Amazon were offering it for 26, I managed to pre-order it at this price. It might be worth hanging back just in case!

SharonLynette 26th October 2012 04:18 PM

29.95 on Zavvi at the moment for those that missed the 26 Amazon bargain.

Bringer Of Funerals 26th October 2012 04:32 PM

Dont ask why, but im counting down the days to this release as im looking forward to watching them

Susan Foreman 26th October 2012 04:43 PM

Slightly off topic, but...

On the 'Doctor Who' box set release of 'The Key To Time', one of the extra features was a series of 'late night stories', ready by Tom Baker

Here are the two that I have managed to find on YouTube:

Late Night Story - Tom Baker Reads 'The Photograph' - YouTube

Late Night Story - Tom Baker Reads 'Sredni Vashtar' - Tuesday - YouTube

VicDakin 3rd November 2012 11:46 AM

BBC Ghost Stories (BFI)

1 Attachment(s)
BBC Ghost Stories (BFI)
Mine arrived safe and sound horray and hurumble a merry ghostmus everyone and all.

Attachment 89220

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2012 06:06 PM

Great boxset Vic innit?

NEED to watch the few I ain't seen this weekend.:nod:

VicDakin 3rd November 2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 289232)
Great boxset Vic innit?

NEED to watch the few I ain't seen this weekend.:nod:

Aye tis indeed,Lost Hearts is a particular fav but its all good stuff.

VicDakin 3rd November 2012 06:46 PM

The first episode of the paranormal anthology series Dead of Night (BBC 2, 1972).

The first episode of the paranormal anthology series Dead of Night (BBC 2, 1972).

this is very BBC Ghost Stories

Dead of Night - The Exorcism - YouTube

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th November 2012 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah,I wonder why the BBC felt they had to do an Exorcism tale that year.....:suspicious:

I'm currently working my way through these.
A Warning To The Curious last night-absolutely superb.

Stalls of Barchester tonight!

The Signalman was also superb!

Stigma,I've seen slagged off quite often,but I enjoyed it.
It was a sinister attempt to modernise the tales.

The Ice House wasn't bad.Not the best of the box.

BTW-Anyone who wants to read about these classics IN DEPTH,pick up a copy of this....;)

CREEPING FLESH: The Horror Fantasy Film Book: Amazon.co.uk: David Kerekes: Books