Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

trouserpress 5th May 2013 10:01 PM

Of course, The Black Panther! How could I forget. That one is terrific. Really powerful.

Invid Ninja 5th May 2013 10:20 PM

I personally adore the Gerry O' Hara films on the label, All The Right Noises especially. Then again I have not regret my purchases of any of the movies in the collection.

Make Them Die Slowly 5th May 2013 10:47 PM

I love the pints of mild and roll ups world of gigging prog rockers in "Permissive".

Comus can briefly be seen and heard in the film.

Comus - Song to Comus - YouTube

bdc 6th May 2013 08:25 AM

I enjoyed many of their blu's but my favourite release must be the 60's British coming-of-age classic Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFC7dyKZ-E

Make Them Die Slowly 6th May 2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 339697)
I enjoyed many of their blu's but my favourite release must be the 60's British coming-of-age classic Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush. :)

Traffic - Am I What I Was Or Was I What I Am? - 1968 - YouTube

How could I have forgotten this film...filmed in my home town of Stevenage.

SharonLynette 6th May 2013 01:50 PM

So far I have:

All the Right Noises
The Black Panther
Deep End
Her Private Hell
Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush
Joanna
London in the Raw
Lunch Hour
Man of Violence
Nightbirds
The Pleasure Girls
Primitive London
Private Road
Privilege
That Kind of Girl
Voice Over

I'm open to suggestions though. The only one I had watched before buying was Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.

There is only one other that I flat out know that I want but don't own and that is Permissive.

One other I've been considering but am unsure of and would like to hear other members opinions rather than relying on online views of people I don't know (well I mean I don't know their approach to film) and that is You're Human Like the Rest of Them, does anyone have any knowledge of this.

I also have 2 copies of That Kind of Girl, a mixture of my fault and James', I shouldn't have asked him to check for me. Even though the collection is shelved together in numerical order he does get confused. :doh:

Bringer Of Funerals 6th May 2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 339748)
So far I have:

All the Right Noises
The Black Panther
Deep End
Her Private Hell
Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush
Joanna
London in the Raw
Lunch Hour
Man of Violence
Nightbirds
The Pleasure Girls
Primitive London
Private Road
Privilege
That Kind of Girl
Voice Over

I'm open to suggestions though. The only one I had watched before buying was Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.

There is only one other that I flat out know that I want but don't own and that is Permissive.

One other I've been considering but am unsure of and would like to hear other members opinions rather than relying on online views of people I don't know (well I mean I don't know their approach to film) and that is You're Human Like the Rest of Them, does anyone have any knowledge of this.

I also have 2 copies of That Kind of Girl, a mixture of my fault and James', I shouldn't have asked him to check for me. Even though the collection is shelved together in numerical order he does get confused. :doh:

I havent got any

bdc 6th May 2013 02:09 PM

I'd like to suggest More,The Valley and The Bed Sitting Room (if you like absurd British humour) Sharon. ;)

How's Joanna btw?

BAKA 6th May 2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 339748)

Sainsbury's Entertainment have most of them on offer for £6.99 at the moment (including Permissive). A great time to stock up. Sadly the one I want (Voice Over) is out of stock at the moment. After hearing someone compare it to Berberian Sound Studio recently, I suddenly find myself very interested in checking it out. Hopefully it will come back in stock at £6.99.

SharonLynette 6th May 2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 339755)
I'd like to suggest More,The Valley and The Bed Sitting Room (if you like absurd British humour) Sharon. ;)

How's Joanna btw?

I have seen The Bed Sitting Room a few times but I've never felt compelled to buy it. I think if I get the urge to get it again I will do. I have seen those other two but I didn't think they were Flipside, they do look interesting nonetheless.

I really liked it, but I do like the sort of 60's, Swinging London type films & Kitchen Sink Realism, I'm way too nostalgic for a time I wasn't even around. This was the first film I got for my collection, my Aunty bought it me (from my wishlist) I think 2 years back.