Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

Paul@TheOverlook 7th October 2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 370442)
Noticed that the BFI recently screened Ray Boulting's Twisted Nerve. Unfortunately I was away, or I would have gone.

Has there been any sniff of them releasing a BR of it? Had a google, but to no avail.

The Flipside imprint was and still is a selection of obscure Brit films screened at the BFI. While the DVD/Blu-ray imprint is in the same spirit it's never a given that films screened at the BFI in the Flipside category will follow through as part of the home video range.

Wes 7th October 2013 08:54 AM

Now that we're almost 30 films into the series, what films have impressed people the most. I thought Voice Over, The Black Panther and Little Malcolm and His Struggle Against the Eunuchs were incredible finds...

For anyone curious about this Listomania page is a good place to investigate the series...

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th October 2013 09:04 AM

A great series of films. Whilst I haven't seen them all, Deep End remains my favourite. Although, The Bed Sitting Room and Requiem for a Village are also personal favourite entries in the series. Nightbirds is also a great release, not only because of the title film, but because it also contains that nice bit of cheddar, 'The Body Beneath'.

I'm very much looking forward to checking out Sleepwalker, though. Plus, Schalcken the Painter, which is due out in November looks to be a great release and just my kind of thing.

Hawkmonger 7th October 2013 09:47 AM

Little Malcolm, Deep End, The Black Panther, Voice Over, and Her Private Hell have been my favourites thus far but it pretty much the most solid collection of titles available with not a single one that can be discarded for one reason or another.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th October 2013 05:24 PM

For anyone wanting a nice wee UK slasher at only 50-odd minutes,pick up SLEEPWALKER now.

I picked up a rake of these in Fopp in Edinburgh last week.
They've a promotion on and the majority of them are nine quid each!

Wes 7th October 2013 05:37 PM

So far the only films I've not considered picking up are the Mondo films that kicked off the series... London in the Raw and Primitive London which are not my thing... Among other things, this series is an incredible social history of Britain and for that alone these films are worth their weight in gold...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th October 2013 06:25 PM

Yeah,I ain't picked those up either....likewise with The Adventures of Prince Achmed and Chronicle of a Summer.

bdc 7th October 2013 06:29 PM

I personally thought both the London mondo films were great fun. ;)

Mojo 7th October 2013 07:25 PM

Private Road is one of my all time favourites. Little Malcolm is an absolute gem.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th October 2013 09:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
HMV had better have these next week.:pray: