Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

trebor8273 24th October 2013 09:39 PM

Well just ordered my expanded ghost stories for Christmas from zavvi today, so should have it Monday, a blind buy but people have said its worth getting and not been disappointed yet with a recommendation from here

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th October 2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 373623)
Well just ordered my expanded ghost stories for Christmas from zavvi today, so should have it Monday,

That's optimistic. Has it been shipped already Trebor?

trebor8273 24th October 2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 373626)
That's optimistic. Has it been shipped already Trebor?

No but of late zavvi have been pretty good, stuff taking two to three days to turn up. Last couple of preorders which got dispatched on Thursday turned up Saturday, so if this dispatches tomorrow should turn up Monday

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th October 2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 373630)
No but of late zavvi have been pretty good, stuff taking two to three days to turn up. Last couple of preorders which got dispatched on Thursday turned up Saturday, so if this dispatches tomorrow should turn up Monday

Nice one.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 25th December 2013 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this one for Christmas today! I admit I don't really know too much about this series of shorts but from what I've been reading they sound great - very atmospheric!

Just stuck on A Warning For The Curious - it was filmed not too far away from where I live. Ooh, spooky! What's everyone's favorite of these?

mark meakin 26th December 2013 10:26 AM

THE STALLS OF BARCHESTER & A WARNING TO THE CURIOUS are probably my favourites.I have last night's screening of TRACTATE MIDDOTH to watch.

BAKA 26th December 2013 12:27 PM

Quite enjoyed The Tractate Middoth last night. Gatiss seemed to do a very good job of evoking a similar style to Lawrence Gordon Clark.

I wonder if there'll be another updated package at the end of next year. :laugh:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th December 2013 02:54 PM

Personally my favourite episodes are Ghost Stories for Christmas with Christopher Lee.

The opening titles are wonderful with a splendid set up narration about Kings College and Christmas Eve rituals. It makes you want to pour a sherry and join them sat around the fireside.

Best episode - A Warning To The Curious, which features some seriously creepy shots of dark, disturbing coastline, powered along by Lee's masterful storytelling.

I absolutely adore those. I still have them on recorded vhs from 2000.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th December 2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 384600)
Quite enjoyed The Tractate Middoth last night. Gatiss seemed to do a very good job of evoking a similar style to Lawrence Gordon Clark.

I wonder if there'll be another updated package at the end of next year. :laugh:

Shit-I forgot about this!:doh:

Don't suppose it's being repeated?
Don't fancy watching it on my pc screen.:(

Funnily enough.
Christmas eve,I watched The Signalman,Stalls of Barchester and Stigma.
Can't whack those old ghost stories.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th January 2014 08:31 PM

I watched The Tractate Middoth last night.

As Baka says its very much in the style of Lawrence Gordon Clark's films, although probably a bit more polished.

One or two parts of it were genuinely spooky and the ghost looked fantastic.

At only 35 minutes in length i can't see it getting a stand alone dvd release so i presume the BFI will add it to another re-release of Ghost Stories for 2014.

With a bit of luck maybe the BBC could make it an extra in a re-release of Crooked House instead.