Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

Maxsimmus 10th January 2014 08:43 PM

Just bought the box set myself , some great episodes, a couple of hit and miss affairs but overall very good.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th February 2014 11:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
April and July respectively!
****ING FANTASTIC!:woot::woot::woot::woot:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd February 2014 06:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up their rather hefty release of Phantom of the Opera and Gaslight yesterday.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd February 2014 07:02 AM

CAN'T wait to get my hands on that Eyes Without A Face release!

Handyman Joe 22nd February 2014 01:57 PM

I can categorically state that the Flipside release of That Sinking Feeling is the highlight of the movie year for me. To wait 20 odd years to revisit a film you loved and then have it available in this deluxe fashion, well, it's a dream.

While I'm on this thread - watched a bit of the B S Johnson Flipside. You're Human Like the Rest of Them and Fat Man on a Beach have a real power to them, especially the latter. He's an engaging speaker, all too aware of the ultimate futility of life. The fact he killed himself weeks after finishing Fat Man adds to the weirdly haunting quality of that film. There's something profound about it - the last overhead shot of him wading into the sea, becoming a tiny white dot in the distance is one I won't forget. The other stuff on this release? At first look pretty ropy - Paradigm will test you, even at 9 minutes - but I'll give it the benefit of a second watch before forming any firm opinions. Worth picking up, even for non completists

Mojo 12th March 2014 08:42 AM

Interesting interview with the BFI's Sam Dunn here:

Behind the Label: BFI Video's Sam Dunn

Wonder what the long awaited BBC classics will be . Doomwatch? Out Of The Unknown? :pop2:

Vampix 12th March 2014 10:50 AM

I'd love to see the BFI release their restored version of The Vault of Horror on to DVD / Blu-ray. Why can't they release this? I'm sure it would sell by the bucketload to Brit horror fans all over the world, who want a decent, uncut version of the film in their collection.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2014 12:30 PM

I've re-named this thread to incorporate all BFI releases not just the Ghost Stories For Christmas dvd.

Bringer Of Funerals 25th July 2014 02:12 PM

Wouldn't mind getting the Samurai collection on blu

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st August 2014 12:30 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Upcoming titles for the rest of the year.

Mainly sci-fi. No horror. :( :lol: