Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The BFI Blu-ray and DVD Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9116-bfi-blu-ray-dvd-release-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 14th August 2020 12:45 PM

BFI films Summer sale

"BFI Blu-rays and DVDs from £7.99"

gag 14th August 2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 632742)
BFI films Summer sale

"BFI Blu-rays and DVDs from £7.99"

Just tried ordering from there psychomania I’ve never seen it,
It wouldn’t recognise my bank card, I tried another and that failed as well so gave up I’ll try later tonight .

MrBarlow 14th August 2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 632757)
Just tried ordering from there psychomania I’ve never seen it,
It wouldn’t recognise my bank card, I tried another and that failed as well so gave up I’ll try later tonight .

That has happened to me a few times Gag, clear your cache and history from the device you use and try again.

nosferatu42 14th August 2020 07:29 PM

Psychomania is a masterpiece.

Justin101 14th August 2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 632785)
Psychomania is a masterpiece.

Amazing soundtrack as well!

nosferatu42 14th August 2020 08:00 PM

I'm glad it's not just me that rates the soundtrack.:cool:

nosferatu42 14th August 2020 08:04 PM

I will admit it's not the most terrifying film but Psychomania is such a groovy time capsule that it should be recognised more, Beryl Reid, Nicky Henson and a wyrd england 70's vibe and frog magic, suicide bikers. In my house it's a classic.:pop2:
Disagree and you are on the street mate...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th August 2020 07:22 AM

Yep mine too.
I've both the BFI and Arrow US discs.
A British classic.:nod:

Rob4 4th September 2020 07:05 AM

Oh boy! Those beautiful bastards at the BFI have really delivered the rarities for horror fans with this one. I suggested a collection of horror shorts in the past but was told the rights were often difficult to track down. Anyway huge kudos to the BFI for this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HB68CHP?tag=bluraycom-21

SHORT SHARP SHOCKS (2-disc Blu-ray, Flipside #41)

The latest in the critically acclaimed BFI Flipside series continuing its ongoing mission to curate an alternative Brit-screen history of overlooked rarities in deluxe home-entertainment editions is a compelling compendium of strange, striking, thrilling, horrific, eerie and eccentric short subjects from the heyday of the British cinematic supporting programme.

This carefully-curated collection the first of its kind anywhere includes a plethora of sought-after titles, some newly remastered in HD for the very first time and showcases an eclectic range of delights spanning the second half of the 20th Century from the 1940s right through to the 1980s.

A lavish double-disc set, it comes complete with an illustrated booklet with full credits and new contextual writing on the films by devotees of the field. Expect strange, spooky stories, odd twists in the tale, imaginative low-budget weirdness and oodles of atmosphere in these juicy bite-size morsels of cult film delight from decades gone by.

Featuring the following films:
Lock Your Door (Anthony Gilkison, 1949)
The Reformation of St Jules (Anthony Gilkison, 1949)
The Tell-Tale Heart (J B Williams, 1953)
Death Was a Passenger (Theodore Zichy, 1958)
Portrait of a Matador (Theodore Zichy, 1958)
Twenty Nine (Brian Cummins, 1969)
The Sex Victims (Derek Robbins, 1973)
The Lake (Lindsey Vickers, 1978)
The Errand (Nigel Finch, 1980)

Special Features:
Interview with Peter Shillingford (2020): newly recorded interview with the producer of Twenty Nine
Interview with David McGillivray (2020): newly recorded interview with the writer of The Errand
Interview with Kate Lees (2020): the chair of Adelphi Films discusses the 2017 discovery of the long thought lost 1953 short, The Tell-Tale Heart, starring the one and only Stanley Baker
Image gallery: a collection of stills and rare materials relating a selection of the films
Other extras to be confirmed
***FIRST PRESSING ONLY*** Fully illustrated booklet with new writing on the films by Vic Pratt

Hope this is a huge success for them and we get another...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th September 2020 10:24 AM

Gimme!