Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1201Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2021, 08:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Great news. Agree Justin, ‘78 version is great but the ‘56 version is The Daddy!
Old 7th August 2021, 09:34 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

LOVE the original,Siegel was a superb director,but Kaufman’s remake edges it for me.

However,a BFI release would be most welcome.

Tata Olive disc....
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th August 2021, 09:36 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I see that BFI is releasing Dennis Hopper’s OUT OF THE BLUE in October - it’s a really great film - I’d recommend it to anyone who enjoyed OVER THE EDGE.
Old 7th August 2021, 09:43 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good stuff.
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th August 2021, 10:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

SHORT SHARP SHOCKS Vol 2 also announced
Old 7th August 2021, 12:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Been reading up on the contents of this and it doesn't really interest me sadly.

There were so many reports that the first volume wasn't up to much - I still haven't watched my BD yet - well this doesn't sound great to begin with.
Old 7th August 2021, 12:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hopefully better content than Vol one.
The only outstanding segment was the one with Julie Peasgood.

Old 7th August 2021, 05:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Great news. Agree Justin, ‘78 version is great but the ‘56 version is The Daddy!
Yeah, great stuff.
Goodbye Spanish Blu ray.
Old 21st October 2021, 11:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
The latest in the critically acclaimed BFI Flipside series – continuing its ongoing mission to curate an alternative Brit-screen history of overlooked rarities in deluxe home –entertainment editions – is a second edition of strange, striking, thrilling, horrific, eerie and eccentric short subjects from the heyday of the British cinematic supporting programme.

Return once more to the heyday of the supporting programme with another curious cornucopia of eerie, eccentric and edgy short films. Settle down for another strange cinematic journey through uncanny stories, twists in the tale, low-budget weirdness, stylish spectacle, peculiar public information, monstrous music and provocative experiment – all with oodles of atmosphere and in High Definition.

Featuring the following films:

Quiz Crime No.1 (1943)
Quiz Crime No.2 (1944)
The Three Children (1946)
Escape from Broadmoor (1948)
Mingoloo (1958)
Jack the Ripper with Screaming Lord Sutch (1961)
The Face of Darkness (1976)
The Dumb Waiter (1979)
Hangman (1985)
The Mark of Lilith (1986)

Extras
New interview with Ian F H Lloyd, writer and director of The Face of Darkness (2021)

New interview with Bruna Fionda, Polly Gladwin and Zachary Mack-Nataf, directors of The Mark of Lilith

New interview with the writer and director of The Dumb Waiter, Robert Bierman (2021)

New interview with Claire Binns (2021): the Ritzy alumnus celebrates the radical history of the legendary London cinema where The Mark of Lilith was shot

Image galleries for The Face of Darkness, The Dumb Waiter and The Mark of Lilith

Newly commissioned sleeve artwork by renowned illustrator Graham Humphreys

**FIRST PRESSING ONLY** Illustrated booklet featuring contributions from filmmakers Ian F H Lloyd and Robert Bierman and other writing from Vic Pratt, William Fowler, Josephine Botting, Jon Dear, Jonathan Rigby and Caroline Champion
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:26 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
The latest in the critically acclaimed BFI Flipside series –
Featuring the following films:

Quiz Crime No.1 (1943)
Quiz Crime No.2 (1944)
The Three Children (1946)
Escape from Broadmoor (1948)
Mingoloo (1958)
Jack the Ripper with Screaming Lord Sutch (1961)
The Face of Darkness (1976)
The Dumb Waiter (1979)
Hangman (1985)
The Mark of Lilith (1986)

Extras
New interview with Ian F H Lloyd, writer and director of The Face of Darkness (2021)

New interview with Bruna Fionda, Polly Gladwin and Zachary Mack-Nataf, directors of The Mark of Lilith

New interview with the writer and director of The Dumb Waiter, Robert Bierman (2021)

New interview with Claire Binns (2021): the Ritzy alumnus celebrates the radical history of the legendary London cinema where The Mark of Lilith was shot

Image galleries for The Face of Darkness, The Dumb Waiter and The Mark of Lilith

Newly commissioned sleeve artwork by renowned illustrator Graham Humphreys

**FIRST PRESSING ONLY** Illustrated booklet featuring contributions from filmmakers Ian F H Lloyd and Robert Bierman and other writing from Vic Pratt, William Fowler, Josephine Botting, Jon Dear, Jonathan Rigby and Caroline Champion
I remember catching -The Dumb Waiter (1979) - on a showing of the movie Prophecy (1979) I wasn't by law supposed to be able to watch X certificate films at the cinema but luckily I looked older than my 14, It may be just a short but it felt like the whole cinema jumped at a certain scene, its probably tame compaired to todays shocks but it remains one of my earliest horror cinema memories, oh and that scene from Jaws

Like this? Share it using the links below!