Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2013, 10:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Of course, The Black Panther! How could I forget. That one is terrific. Really powerful.
Old 5th May 2013, 10:20 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

I personally adore the Gerry O' Hara films on the label, All The Right Noises especially. Then again I have not regret my purchases of any of the movies in the collection.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 5th May 2013, 10:47 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I love the pints of mild and roll ups world of gigging prog rockers in "Permissive".

Comus can briefly be seen and heard in the film.

Old 6th May 2013, 08:25 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I enjoyed many of their blu's but my favourite release must be the 60's British coming-of-age classic Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.

Last edited by bdc; 6th May 2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 6th May 2013, 09:28 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I enjoyed many of their blu's but my favourite release must be the 60's British coming-of-age classic Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.

How could I have forgotten this film...filmed in my home town of Stevenage.
bdc likes this.
Old 6th May 2013, 01:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

So far I have:

All the Right Noises
The Black Panther
Deep End
Her Private Hell
Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush
Joanna
London in the Raw
Lunch Hour
Man of Violence
Nightbirds
The Pleasure Girls
Primitive London
Private Road
Privilege
That Kind of Girl
Voice Over

I'm open to suggestions though. The only one I had watched before buying was Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.

There is only one other that I flat out know that I want but don't own and that is Permissive.

One other I've been considering but am unsure of and would like to hear other members opinions rather than relying on online views of people I don't know (well I mean I don't know their approach to film) and that is You're Human Like the Rest of Them, does anyone have any knowledge of this.

I also have 2 copies of That Kind of Girl, a mixture of my fault and James', I shouldn't have asked him to check for me. Even though the collection is shelved together in numerical order he does get confused.
Old 6th May 2013, 01:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
So far I have:

All the Right Noises
The Black Panther
Deep End
Her Private Hell
Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush
Joanna
London in the Raw
Lunch Hour
Man of Violence
Nightbirds
The Pleasure Girls
Primitive London
Private Road
Privilege
That Kind of Girl
Voice Over

I'm open to suggestions though. The only one I had watched before buying was Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.

There is only one other that I flat out know that I want but don't own and that is Permissive.

One other I've been considering but am unsure of and would like to hear other members opinions rather than relying on online views of people I don't know (well I mean I don't know their approach to film) and that is You're Human Like the Rest of Them, does anyone have any knowledge of this.

I also have 2 copies of That Kind of Girl, a mixture of my fault and James', I shouldn't have asked him to check for me. Even though the collection is shelved together in numerical order he does get confused.
I havent got any
Old 6th May 2013, 02:09 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'd like to suggest More,The Valley and The Bed Sitting Room (if you like absurd British humour) Sharon.

How's Joanna btw?
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 6th May 2013, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Sainsbury's Entertainment have most of them on offer for £6.99 at the moment (including Permissive). A great time to stock up. Sadly the one I want (Voice Over) is out of stock at the moment. After hearing someone compare it to Berberian Sound Studio recently, I suddenly find myself very interested in checking it out. Hopefully it will come back in stock at £6.99.
bdc and SharonLynette like this.
Old 6th May 2013, 02:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I'd like to suggest More,The Valley and The Bed Sitting Room (if you like absurd British humour) Sharon.

How's Joanna btw?
I have seen The Bed Sitting Room a few times but I've never felt compelled to buy it. I think if I get the urge to get it again I will do. I have seen those other two but I didn't think they were Flipside, they do look interesting nonetheless.

I really liked it, but I do like the sort of 60's, Swinging London type films & Kitchen Sink Realism, I'm way too nostalgic for a time I wasn't even around. This was the first film I got for my collection, my Aunty bought it me (from my wishlist) I think 2 years back.
bdc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!