Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2018, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In a sane world, we would have had it long before this ... sadly with the current climate 'over there' .... common sense is at an all time low. You can but hope though ... stranger things have happened .....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 31st May 2018, 08:55 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
There's always a point in lobbying......if you don't ask....you don't get!
Yes, but there’s no point lobbying the wrong people. It’s Warner US that’s the sticking point - even Warner UK was prepping a 2005 DVD release, which was when the commentary was recorded. And I’m sure Criterion has raised the issue with them.
Old 2nd June 2018, 10:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Yes, but there’s no point lobbying the wrong people. It’s Warner US that’s the sticking point - even Warner UK was prepping a 2005 DVD release, which was when the commentary was recorded. And I’m sure Criterion has raised the issue with them.
Well now we know who to lobby eh?

Not all of us work inside the industry.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th June 2018, 07:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

God it'd be great if Criterion got their hands on it!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th June 2018, 07:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

There’s nothing to stop you petitioning either the BFI or Warner Bros, and many have done over the last fifteen years or so.

But my point is that targeting the BFI is a complete waste of time and effort: you won’t be telling them anything they don’t already know or suggesting anything that they wouldn’t gladly have done back in 2012.
Old 4th June 2018, 07:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Point taken Mike.
As I said,not everyone is privvy to 'industry insider' info like yourself,and as the BFI did such a sterling job on the dvd package,well for any of us 'mere mortals',that would be the sensible place to start imo.
keirarts likes this.

Old 28th July 2018, 07:21 PM
Cultist

Anyone picked up The Touch yet?

One of the 2 Bergman films, I've never seen. It's meant to be rubbish and he hated it but feel I need to watch it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th September 2018, 05:42 AM
Cult Master

Distant Voices, Still Lives is being released on Blu-Ray on October 22nd, 2018

It's available on Amazon UK pre-order for £15.99

"Distant Voices, Still Lives (Blu-ray)
Directed by Terence Davies

Terence Davies film, depicting life in working-class Liverpool from the 1940s into the 50s, is 30 years old this year, and already a modern classic.

Now that Eileen, Maisie, and Tony are adults, their childhood memories and in particular those associated with their father are inconsistent. While Eileen clings to happier times, her siblings remember his brutal violent nature, which has been a major influence on their growth and development. This troubled family must deal with the day-to-day alongside their past. Terence Davies creates a loving portrait with this partly autobiographical tale (shot in two sections), and it was voted one of the greatest British films by Sight and Sound.

Distant Voices, Still Lives has been restored in 4K resolution by the BFI under the supervision and approval of director Terence Davies.

Special features
  • New 4K digital restoration from the original 35mm camera negative, approved by director Terence Davies
  • Q&A With Terence Davies (2018, 32 mins): recorded after the UK premiere of the new restoration at BFI Southbank
  • Audio commentary by Terence Davies: the director scrutinises his film in this commentary from 2007
  • Interview With Terence Davies (2007, 20 mins): director Terence Davies discusses his work with film critic Geoff Andrew
  • Interview With Miki van Zwanenberg (2007, 7 mins): the film's art director looks back on its making
  • Introduction by Mark Kermode (2016,2 mins)
  • Images of Liverpool in Archive Film (1939-42, 62 mins): three archive shorts depicting the city of Liverpool and its community
  • Original and 2018 trailers
  • Image gallery
  • Fully illustrated booklet with new writing on the film by critic Derek Malcolm and art director Miki van Zwanenberg, essays by Geoff Andrew and Adrian Danks, and full film credits

UK | 1988 | colour | 83 minutes | English language, with optional hard-of-hearing subtitles| original aspect ratio 1.78:1 | 1 x BD50: 1080p, 24fps, PCM stereo audio (48kHz/24-bit), Region B | Cert 15 (contains violence, infrequent strong language)"

Justin101 and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th September 2018, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Likes all round ... especially for DV, SL

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th November 2018, 08:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

February.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 221148_large.jpg (42.7 KB, 17 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!