Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2022, 05:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The one day I was desperate to get into HMV after work,I had customers hold me back until 5.30.....ach well tomorrow.
Demoncrat, Rob4 and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st August 2022, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
The one day I was desperate to get into HMV after work,I had customers hold me back until 5.30.....ach well tomorrow.

I often think do some people not have anything better to do at 5pm on a Monday except head home
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ohh-hell-no-just-no-no-no-no.jpg (34.2 KB, 66 views)
Old 2nd August 2022, 07:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Picked it up today.

Contender for release of the year.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th August 2022, 02:49 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The kiddies favourote!

'Watership Down' (1978) - 4K UHD coming from the BFI

Release date: October 24

More info to be announced

4K Ultra HD Edition (UHD + Blu-ray) pre-order available at BFI direct - £29.99

Release Date: October 24

"An apocalyptic vision pushes a group of rabbits to abandon their warren in search of a new home, in this landmark British animation.

Richard Adams’ timeless novel is brought brilliantly to life as Hazel, Fiver and Bigwig tackle the brutal realities of the rural world - and mankind’s devastating impact on it - as they lead their colony to the utopian Watership Down.

Newly restored in 4K by the BFI and Silver Salt Restoration, using the original 35mm negative and stereo audio tracks, this landmark animation is presented in Ultra High Definition for the very first time.

Featuring an acclaimed voice cast (including John Hurt and Denholm Elliott), a powerful score by composer Angela Morley and the hit single ‘Bright Eyes’ by Art Garfunkel, Watership Down is a thrilling tale of adventure, courage and resilience that continues to enthral new and old audiences alike."

Special features:
  • Defining a Style (2005): short featurette about the film’s aesthetic
  • A Conversation with the filmmakers (2005)
  • Storyboard comparison
  • Super 8 version of the film
  • Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • Newly created optional English subtitles for the Deaf and partial hearing
  • Newly created audio description track
  • Double-sided poster featuring the original UK quad and the 2022 re-release artwork
  • A set of four postcards featuring iconic scenes from the film
  • Perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by Jez Stewart and Catherine Lester
  • Newly commissioned sleeve art by Andrew Bannister

**All extras are TBC and subject to change**

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th August 2022, 02:55 PM
Cult Master

'Ghost Stories for Christmas: Volume 1' - 3-Disc Blu-ray Box Set pre-order available from BFI direct - £26:99

Release date: December 5

"Four classic BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas available on Blu-ray for the first time

Broadcast in the dying hours of Christmas Eve, the BBC’s A Ghost Story for Christmas series was a fixture of the seasonal schedules throughout the 1970s and spawned a long tradition of chilling tales, which terrified yuletide viewers for decades to come.

This much-requested release gives four landmarks of the series their Blu-ray debut, having been newly remastered by the BFI from original film materials. All based on classic short stories by acclaimed writer MR James, his atmospheric settings and creeping unease are eerily realised in these seminal dramas that unleash evil spirits that will haunt and unnerve.
"

The Films:
  • Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968)
  • The Stalls of Barchester (1971)
  • A Warning to the Curious (1972)
  • Lost Hearts (1973)

Special features:
  • Presented in High Definition (Limited Edition)
  • Whistle and I’ll Come to You (2010, 52 min): John Hurt stars in this more recent reinterpretation of MR James' chilling tale
  • Newly recorded commentaries on Whistle and I’ll Come to You (1968) and The Stalls of Barchester by Jon Dear
  • Lawrence Gordon Clark introductions (2012, 33 mins): introductions to The Stalls of Barchester, A Warning to the Curious and Lost Hearts previously recorded for the BFI’s DVD release
  • Ramsay Campbell on MR James (2001, 16 mins)
  • Jonathan Miller and Christopher Frayling discuss Whistle and I’ll Come to You (2012, 3 mins)
  • Neil Brand reads MR James’ Oh, Whistle and I’ll Come to You My Lad (2001, 42 mins, audio only)
  • Ramsey Campbell reads his own MR James-inspired story The Guide (2001, 27 mins)
  • Ghost Stories for Christmas with Christopher Lee: The Stalls of Barchester and A Warning to the Curious (2000, 60 mins total)
  • **LIMITED EDITION ONLY** Illustrated booklet with essays by Reggie Oliver, Jonathan Rigby, Adam Easterbrook and Ramsey Campbell
  • Newly commissioned sleeve art by Matt Needle

Other extras TBC

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th August 2022, 03:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Ghost Stories for Christmas: Volume 1' - 3-Disc Blu-ray Box Set pre-order available from BFI direct - £26:99

Release date: December 5

"Four classic BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas available on Blu-ray for the first time

Broadcast in the dying hours of Christmas Eve, the BBC’s A Ghost Story for Christmas series was a fixture of the seasonal schedules throughout the 1970s and spawned a long tradition of chilling tales, which terrified yuletide viewers for decades to come.

This much-requested release gives four landmarks of the series their Blu-ray debut, having been newly remastered by the BFI from original film materials. All based on classic short stories by acclaimed writer MR James, his atmospheric settings and creeping unease are eerily realised in these seminal dramas that unleash evil spirits that will haunt and unnerve.
"

The Films:
  • Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968)
  • The Stalls of Barchester (1971)
  • A Warning to the Curious (1972)
  • Lost Hearts (1973)

Special features:
  • Presented in High Definition (Limited Edition)
  • Whistle and I’ll Come to You (2010, 52 min): John Hurt stars in this more recent reinterpretation of MR James' chilling tale
  • Newly recorded commentaries on Whistle and I’ll Come to You (1968) and The Stalls of Barchester by Jon Dear
  • Lawrence Gordon Clark introductions (2012, 33 mins): introductions to The Stalls of Barchester, A Warning to the Curious and Lost Hearts previously recorded for the BFI’s DVD release
  • Ramsay Campbell on MR James (2001, 16 mins)
  • Jonathan Miller and Christopher Frayling discuss Whistle and I’ll Come to You (2012, 3 mins)
  • Neil Brand reads MR James’ Oh, Whistle and I’ll Come to You My Lad (2001, 42 mins, audio only)
  • Ramsey Campbell reads his own MR James-inspired story The Guide (2001, 27 mins)
  • Ghost Stories for Christmas with Christopher Lee: The Stalls of Barchester and A Warning to the Curious (2000, 60 mins total)
  • **LIMITED EDITION ONLY** Illustrated booklet with essays by Reggie Oliver, Jonathan Rigby, Adam Easterbrook and Ramsey Campbell
  • Newly commissioned sleeve art by Matt Needle

Other extras TBC

Holy shit, never thought I’d see this!
Day one purchase
Old 4th August 2022, 03:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

New Flipside too :

FDC679BB-F835-4466-9F6E-801F2C023978.jpeg
Old 4th August 2022, 05:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
New Flipside too :

Attachment 241520
That's one strange film. I've no idea what kind of film it is exactly...horror, new age, Occult...
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 4th August 2022, 05:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Holy shit, never thought I’d see this!
Day one purchase
I watched all the series last Christmas (again) and i'm not really sure it needs replacing on Blu-ray as it seemed fine to me.

I just know come December i'll be watching the new Blu-ray versions though.

Lets hope by volume three we have The Tractate Middoth, Martin's Close, The Dead Room and last years superb adaptation of The Mezzotint.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 4th August 2022, 05:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's one strange film. I've no idea what kind of film it is exactly...horror, new age, Occult...
According to the original story it's a mix of horror, occult and fairy tale and dark mystery.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!