Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Vinegar Syndrome (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9658-vinegar-syndrome.html)

mr 420 18th April 2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486078)
Groovy outfits do not maketh a movie.

Dolemite is soooooooo much more than groovy outfits, intact I'll go as far as saying its(IMO) one of the greatest blaxploitation films ever made. Did you enjoy Black Dynamite with Michael Jai White? Dolemite was a major influence on that.

I could wax lyrical for hours on Dolemite and Rudy Ray Moore. I find his films to be fascinating time capsules for 70's black America. Mr 420's thumb is up. :nod::)

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 486086)
Dolemite is soooooooo much more than groovy outfits, intact I'll go as far as saying its(IMO) one of the greatest blaxploitation films ever made. Did you enjouy Black Dynamite with Michael Jai White? Dolemite was a major influence on that.

I could wax lyrical for hours on Dolemite and Rudy Ray Moore. I find his films to be fascinating time capsules for 70's black America. Mr 420's thumb is up. :nod::)

Blaxploitation isn't really a genre i'm familiar with aside from a few Grier films and Live and Let Die. ;)

mr 420 18th April 2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486087)
Blaxploitation isn't really a genre i'm familiar with aside from a few Grier films and Live and Let Die. ;)

You are missing out on so much. Blaxplitation is one of my favourite genres. Give me a chance to have a think and look through my collection and I will get back to you with a recommendation of a few classics.

I'm sure the fellow Labbers will tell you what to go for. I will leave you with one to go for off the top of my head. Its called The Mack and it is so much more than just a blaxploitation movie.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 486065)
I bought The Bees, which is my first one, recently from WowHD - not got around to watching it yet, it's on the pile :lol: I fancy Pigs though and Psychic Killer.

PSYCHIC KILLER is a great B movie!
Looking forward to this big time!

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 486093)
You are missing out on so much. Blaxplitation is one of my favourite genres. Give me a chance to have a think and look through my collection and I will get back to you with a recommendation of a few classics.

I'm sure the fellow Labbers will tell you what to go for. I will leave you with one to go for off the top of my head. Its called The Mack and it is so much more than just a blaxploitation movie.

Look forward to see what you come up with.

I forgot, i do have Across 110th Street as well.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th April 2016 08:01 AM

I'm not really an authority on Blaxploitation (there are still a fair few 'key' films I need to check out) but Black Caesar is among my faves of the sub-genre.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:40 PM

VS have announced that Count Dracula's Great Love starring the legend that is Paul Naschy will be making its way to Blu later this year...

http://s31.postimg.org/5jtbcb0pn/129...31204166_n.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:43 PM

Here's hoping it sells and they release a few more. :pray:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486422)
Here's hoping it sells and they release a few more. :pray:

Let's hope so - I'll definitely be picking up a copy. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 486427)
Let's hope so - I'll definitely be picking up a copy. :nod:

I won't but i would a dvd. :nod: It's bound to be better than the one i own.