Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Vinegar Syndrome (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9658-vinegar-syndrome.html)

Graeme73 21st August 2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 502128)
Wizard is my personal fave. :nod:

I've watched Wizard and also The Gore Gore Girls over the weekend, and enjoyed them much more than I expected to. The disc also had trailers for a lot of his other films, and I'm surprised how gory some of them are/look, seeing as I thought they'd be too old to be effective.

Not so sure about stuff like She-Devils (although that trailer intrigues me), but I may well take a punt on the HGL set now. I also feel a bit bad for not really appreciating the set when it was first announced (although that may also be due to my disappointment regarding a lack of Phantasm movies!)

BAKA 16th October 2016 02:48 PM

I notice Vinegar Syndrome recently announced Death Machines. I also saw mention they're putting out Blood Mania and Point Of Terror. I haven't seen Blood Mania, but always wanted to pick up the Code Red DVD. I'm a fan of Point Of Terror though. Really loving some of the stuff they're announcing recently. Vinegar Syndrome's stuff is really easy to pick up and decently priced, especially for the treatment they give their releases. I'm happy they're putting out things from Crown's library now.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th October 2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 508493)
I notice Vinegar Syndrome recently announced Death Machines. I also saw mention they're putting out Blood Mania and Point Of Terror. I haven't seen Blood Mania, but always wanted to pick up the Code Red DVD. I'm a fan of Point Of Terror though. Really loving some of the stuff they're announcing recently. Vinegar Syndrome's stuff is really easy to pick up and decently priced, especially for the treatment they give their releases. I'm happy they're putting out things from Crown's library now.

It'll be interesting as many Crown films can be picked up cheaply on numerous Mill Creek dvd sets so those that buy the new versions on blu will be fans, no one needs to go into them blind so to speak.

I think i have Blood Mania on three different sets. :skull:

Boo Radley 16th October 2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

I notice Vinegar Syndrome recently announced Death Machines.

It's up for pre order on Diabolik.
Preorder DVDs at DiabolikDVD.com[sl]-Blu~Ray-All-Region-Combo).html

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th October 2016 06:35 AM

Quote:

I recently watched Death Machines for the first time and really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, for all its scuzzy charm, I found Blood Mania a bit of a dud when I reviewed it as part of my Nightmare USA viewing. Like a lot of these sort of films though, I'll probably get a hankering to revisit it sometime in the future. :rolleyes:

MacBlayne 17th October 2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 508555)
I recently watched Death Machines for the first time and really enjoyed it.

Is that the martial arts film. I watched it a few years back thinking it was going to be the Stephen Norrington film. I wasn't mad about it but it passed the time, I guess. The opening credits were kind of cool.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th October 2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 508563)
Is that the martial arts film. I watched it a few years back thinking it was going to be the Stephen Norrington film. I wasn't mad about it but it passed the time, I guess. The opening credits were kind of cool.

That's the one. The dialogue is so bizarre as is the crazy synth score.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th November 2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

"I ****ing hate grapes!" Some great news from Vinegar Syndrome regarding their 2017 slate -- they'll be issuing the Blu debut of Gorman Bechard's slasher comedy PSYCHOS IN LOVE (1987)! The film follows a mass murdering bartender whose chance encounter with a serial killing manicurist allows them to bond over their common disgust for the aforementioned fruit. Continuing their death spree as their romance blossoms, things seem perfect, until a cannibalistic plumber shows up with an agenda all his own. Buoyed by its likable leads, this frequently gory and genuinely funny VHS favorite has found itself growing in popularity over the years, and this new edition should help further the cause. The company is promising a brand new restoration, and while it's a bit early to discuss extras, I would expect a lot of the previous material (assembled by the director) to be carried over. Look for more details next year.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cf&oe=58C9DA9B

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th November 2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 511188)

Will you be getting this, B_E? I've never heard of it. I might have given it a go were it a British release.

JAMIOUSE 14th November 2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 511192)
Will you be getting this, B_E? I've never heard of it. I might have given it a go were it a British release.

It could be a title that 88 pick up for their Slasher Classics line so there could be a UK release next year.