Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Vinegar Syndrome (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9658-vinegar-syndrome.html)

mr 420 18th April 2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486078)
Groovy outfits do not maketh a movie.

Dolemite is soooooooo much more than groovy outfits, intact I'll go as far as saying its(IMO) one of the greatest blaxploitation films ever made. Did you enjoy Black Dynamite with Michael Jai White? Dolemite was a major influence on that.

I could wax lyrical for hours on Dolemite and Rudy Ray Moore. I find his films to be fascinating time capsules for 70's black America. Mr 420's thumb is up. :nod::)

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 486086)
Dolemite is soooooooo much more than groovy outfits, intact I'll go as far as saying its(IMO) one of the greatest blaxploitation films ever made. Did you enjouy Black Dynamite with Michael Jai White? Dolemite was a major influence on that.

I could wax lyrical for hours on Dolemite and Rudy Ray Moore. I find his films to be fascinating time capsules for 70's black America. Mr 420's thumb is up. :nod::)

Blaxploitation isn't really a genre i'm familiar with aside from a few Grier films and Live and Let Die. ;)

mr 420 18th April 2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486087)
Blaxploitation isn't really a genre i'm familiar with aside from a few Grier films and Live and Let Die. ;)

You are missing out on so much. Blaxplitation is one of my favourite genres. Give me a chance to have a think and look through my collection and I will get back to you with a recommendation of a few classics.

I'm sure the fellow Labbers will tell you what to go for. I will leave you with one to go for off the top of my head. Its called The Mack and it is so much more than just a blaxploitation movie.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 486065)
I bought The Bees, which is my first one, recently from WowHD - not got around to watching it yet, it's on the pile :lol: I fancy Pigs though and Psychic Killer.

PSYCHIC KILLER is a great B movie!
Looking forward to this big time!

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 486093)
You are missing out on so much. Blaxplitation is one of my favourite genres. Give me a chance to have a think and look through my collection and I will get back to you with a recommendation of a few classics.

I'm sure the fellow Labbers will tell you what to go for. I will leave you with one to go for off the top of my head. Its called The Mack and it is so much more than just a blaxploitation movie.

Look forward to see what you come up with.

I forgot, i do have Across 110th Street as well.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th April 2016 08:01 AM

I'm not really an authority on Blaxploitation (there are still a fair few 'key' films I need to check out) but Black Caesar is among my faves of the sub-genre.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:40 PM

VS have announced that Count Dracula's Great Love starring the legend that is Paul Naschy will be making its way to Blu later this year...

http://s31.postimg.org/5jtbcb0pn/129...31204166_n.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:43 PM

Here's hoping it sells and they release a few more. :pray:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486422)
Here's hoping it sells and they release a few more. :pray:

Let's hope so - I'll definitely be picking up a copy. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 486427)
Let's hope so - I'll definitely be picking up a copy. :nod:

I won't but i would a dvd. :nod: It's bound to be better than the one i own.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486430)
I won't but i would a dvd. :nod: It's bound to be better than the one i own.

They release a lot of their films on both formats so there is a strong possibility this one will also see a DVD release (unless of course they only have the Blu-ray rights).

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 486432)
They release a lot of their films on both formats so there is a strong possibility this one will also see a DVD release (unless of course they only have the Blu-ray rights).

I'll probably still pick it up even on blu as i'm bound to get one at some point. :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486433)
I'll probably still pick it up even on blu as i'm bound to get one at some point. :lol:

Everyone turns to the Blu-side eventually. :jedi:

:heh:

michal 20th April 2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 486420)
VS have announced that Count Dracula's Great Love starring the legend that is Paul Naschy will be making its way to Blu later this year...

http://s31.postimg.org/5jtbcb0pn/129...31204166_n.jpg

love this movie

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd May 2016 06:32 PM

VS update:

Quote:

Hey everyone, here's what's happening. We've decided to take our 'break month' in June this year. No releases in June, but a full slate through December this year.

Taking June off doesn't mean we'll be releasing less films in 2016. In fact, it means that we'll end up doing more! And, unlike the last couple years where we took December off, this year December is fully loaded, including a Blu-ray of an appropriately themed horror title. As it currently stands, between July and December, another 30 individual releases are planned, which will total roughly 50 more films (taking into account double features and a box set). And, to avoid any confusion, yearly package subscribers will be 100% covered for all films released in 2016, including December titles. As always, you'll be able to renew/sign up for the 2017 package in November.

Great news is the May titles will start shipping out tomorrow! Also, this Friday is the beginning of our "Halfway to Black Friday" sale, which includes 50% off most releases and our discounted 6 month package (July - December titles included)!

Thank you everyone for your continued support in helping us release even wilder and weirder films!

michal 16th June 2016 03:22 PM

I think Silent Night, Bloody Night will be Christmas relate horror film that
vinegar syndrome will release this december

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th July 2016 08:11 AM

August titles:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram...NTI5Ng%3D%3D.2

Inspector Abberline 8th July 2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 496438)

I got the Blu rays For Human Tornado And Dolemite so looking forward to seeing Disco Godfather in all its disco balls hi def.:bananapair:

Inspector Abberline 22nd July 2016 05:09 PM

Petey Wheatstraw

5 Attachment(s)
The world seems a little more brighter knowing that rudy is on blu ray,SOLD MUTHA****A..........

BAKA 13th August 2016 09:30 AM

Judging by the Richard Nixon mask, Vinegar Syndrome teased Horror House on Highway Five on Facebook for September. I'm not sure what the other titles are, but I've always enjoyed Horror House On Highway Five, it's bizarre. Looking forward to that.

mr 420 13th August 2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 498228)
The world seems a little more brighter knowing that rudy is on blu ray,SOLD MUTHA****A..........

Put your weight on it!!!! :hail:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th August 2016 03:15 PM

VS specs for the deluxe version of Paul Naschy's Count Dracula's Great Love which is due to be released on Sep 27th.

https://s4.postimg.org/563231xfh/88889.jpg

Quote:

1. Scanned & restored in 2k from 35mm internegative
2. Commentary track with director Javier Aguirre and lead actor Paul Naschy
3. New video interview with actress Mirta Miller
4. Includes both the English dub and original Spanish language soundtrack
5. International theatrical trailer
6. Still gallery
7. 8 page booklet by Mirek Lipinski
8. English and Spanish subtitles
9. Reversible cover artwork

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th August 2016 09:19 PM

VS Exclusive Limited Edition releases now available to order through Diabolik:

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/imgproduc...38c8a9aeae.jpg

Quote:

A mysterious killer, wearing a Nixon mask, terrorizes and murders a young couple. A professor assigns his students a project investigating the strange events connected to a possibly dead Nazi scientist, Dr. Fredrick Bartholomew. The doctor's assistant kidnaps students, holding them hostage and torturing them. Meanwhile, Nixon stalks the night!

One of the most confusing and compelling homemade horror films ever made, future music video director Richard Casey's debut feature film, shot over years on nights and weekends, is a delirious collage of oddball gore, ludicrous plot twists, and a general milieu of weirdness unlike anything else in cinema history. Newly restored from original 16mm vault elements, Vinegar Syndrome presents one of the quintessential cult movies of the 80s officially on Blu-ray and DVD for the first time anywhere in the world.

* Scanned and restored in 2k from 16mm archival elements

* “Return to Horror House on Highway 5” - making of featurette

* Commentary track with director Richard Casey

* “Beach Party with Vom” - music video directed by Richard Casey (the impetus for Horror House on Highway 5)

* Alternate full frame presentation of Horror House on Highway 5

* Reversible cover artwork by Kevin Thomas

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th August 2016 09:20 PM

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/imgproduc...398b3f0de0.jpg

Quote:

Director Richard Casey's (HORROR HOUSE ON HIGHWAY 5) second feature is an ambitious and at times dreamlike Faustian story, set in the rough underworld of LA's heavy metal and punk music scene. Lemmy (Phil Ward) is the front man for an unsuccessful band, who's willing to do anything to make it. After a chance meeting with Mr. Tanas, a music promoter, Lemmy is offered the deal of a lifetime: fame for nothing more than his soul. The young singer doesn't believe in such things and accepts the offer, but quickly learns that this sleazy promoter has more in store for Lemmy than just the stardom he's dreamed of.

Directed and photographed like a surreal documentary, and co-starring David Marciano (HOMELAND) and Darcy Nichols (CAFE FLESH), HELLBENT is a blood soaked document of late 80s Los Angeles, as seen through the eyes of outcasts and derelicts. Vinegar Syndrome proudly presents this forgotten gem of independent horror newly restored from its original 35mm negative and on Blu-ray and DVD for the first time.

* Scanned and restored in 2k from 35mm original camera negative

* “A Little Chaos” - making of featurette

* Commentary track with director Richard Casey

* Original cover artwork by Cody Brown

* Reversible cover artwork

BAKA 19th August 2016 08:57 AM

Hellbent is limited too, from the sound of it. I'm definitely not missing out on those. Haven't seen Hellbent, or even heard of it, but if it's from the director of Horror House On Highway Five, I really want to see it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 501960)
Hellbent is limited too, from the sound of it. I'm definitely not missing out on those. Haven't seen Hellbent, or even heard of it, but if it's from the director of Horror House On Highway Five, I really want to see it.

I want both and have really fallen behind with my VS purchases (mainly thanks to Code Red it has to be said!). I need to start prioritising some of their releases - especially if they're limited.

BAKA 19th August 2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 501962)
I want both and have really fallen behind with my VS purchases (mainly thanks to Code Red it has to be said!). I need to start prioritising some of their releases - especially if they're limited.

With a few exceptions (off the top of my head; Pigs) I tend to wait for their Black Friday sale to pick stuff up, as shipping is a flat rate of $16 no matter how much you order, and they're customs friendly. But I think the last couple of limited releases from VS sold out pretty quickly, so I'll pre-order these.

I really want Evils Of The Night too, so I might pick that up soon as well.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 501963)
With a few exceptions (off the top of my head; Pigs) I tend to wait for their Black Friday sale to pick stuff up, as shipping is a flat rate of $16 no matter how much you order, and they're customs friendly. But I think the last couple of limited releases from VS sold out pretty quickly, so I'll pre-order these.

I really want Evils Of The Night too, so I might pick that up soon as well.

It's always my intention too to take advantage of the Black Friday sales, however everyone tends to have sales then so I'm usually unable to buy from everybody at once meaning that certain distributors and titles get ignored unfortunately.

trebor8273 19th August 2016 11:10 AM

when do diabolik take payment and how fast are they with delivery's ?

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 501978)
when do diabolik take payment and how fast are they with delivery's ?

Immediately and very fast.

trebor8273 19th August 2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 501981)
Immediately and very fast.

are you sure just checked and it says payment is taking straight away using paypal but credit cards are charged on dispatch or is that just america?

Preorder DVDs at DiabolikDVD.com[sl]-Blu~Ray-All-Region-Combo).html

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 501984)
are you sure just checked and it says payment is taking straight away using paypal but credit cards are charged on dispatch or is that just america?

Preorder DVDs at DiabolikDVD.com[sl]-Blu~Ray-All-Region-Combo).html

I haven't used them but there's your answer. I've read about Paypal being taken immediately on here.

Definitely fast delivery. I know this from reading the posts.

trebor8273 19th August 2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 501988)
I haven't used them but there's your answer. I've read about Paypal being taken immediately on here.

Definitely fast delivery. I know this from reading the posts.

have you ordered direct from vinegar themselves could get the whole of there sptember package for about $20 more than the 3 i was going to order from diabolick

Count Dracula's Great Love
Hellbent
Horror House on Highway Five

the forth which they also release the same month i really don't know if interests me mind i've never heard of the other 3!

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/shop/china-and-silk/

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 501990)
have you ordered direct from vinegar themselves could get the whole of there sptember package for about $20 more than the 3 i was going to order from diabolick

Count Dracula's Great Love
Hellbent
Horror House on Highway Five

the forth which they also release the same month i really don't know if interests me mind i've never heard of the other 3!

Just remember, CEX won't take them. You'll have to sell them on here or ebay or something.

trebor8273 19th August 2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 501992)
Just remember, CEX won't take them. You'll have to sell them on here or ebay or something.

just going to use diabolik as the other two movies that month don't appeal to me and for some reason vinegar site only lets me order one item at a time.

so of the three i mentioned have you seen them before and are the worth being in peoples collection?

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 501994)
just going to use diabolik as the other two movies that month don't appeal to me and for some reason vinegar site only lets me order one item at a time.

so of the three i mentioned have you seen them before and are the worth being in peoples collection?

Count Dracula's Great Love is a must have in my opinion.

It saddens me that you haven't heard of Count Dracula's Great Love, knowing you'll shell out for it then get rid of it almost immediately.

Why waste your money?

trebor8273 19th August 2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 501995)
Count Dracula's Great Love is a must have in my opinion.

It saddens me that you haven't heard of Count Dracula's Great Love, knowing you'll shell out for it then get rid of it almost immediately.

Why waste your money?

i end up keeping most of my none UK movies now, so good chance i won't get rid of them but hey its me so i wouldn't hold my breath! and its the only way to get to see films like these in HD without resorting to downloading etc

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 501998)
i end up keeping most of my none UK movies now, so good chance i won't get rid of them but hey its me so i wouldn't hold my breath! and its the only way to get to see films like these in HD without resorting to downloading etc

I apologize Treb. Your method of random buying everything and anything seems kind of alien. I mean blind buying the HG Lewis set at £120. Just nuts.

As i say, sorry, i shouldn't comment, it's your money to spend as you like.

trebor8273 19th August 2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 502000)
I apologize Treb. Your method of random buying everything and anything seems kind of alien. I mean blind buying the HG Lewis set at £120. Just nuts.

As i say, sorry, i shouldn't comment, it's your money to spend as you like.

No its fine and I don't even understand it myself. I look at the lewis box and can see it selling out and if I don't really like it I should be able to make most of my money back if not more. But of course I should just wait until they get released by themselves but then part of me thinks end up buying them all individual I would probably spend more than the boxset

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th August 2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 502002)
No its fine and I don't even understand it myself. I look at the lewis box and can see it selling out and if I don't really like it I should be able to make most of my money back if not more. But of course I should just wait until they get released by themselves but then part of me thinks end up buying them all individual I would probably spend more than the boxset

The Lewis films are an acquired taste. I think it helps to have grown up with them so to speak.

I'd have spent a couple of quid on one of the many dvd's floating about to see if i liked them first.

Personally i don't rate them at all. 2000 Maniacs is about the best in my opinion. However i haven't seen the whole box set.

The Inspector likes them, i think he sees them as double bills with his Al Adamson collection.