Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Vinegar Syndrome (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9658-vinegar-syndrome.html)

Susan Foreman 24th September 2020 04:52 PM

"***VINEGAR SYNDROME UPDATE***
“VSU...You've probably been wondering what in the hell it means. We've seen some pretty wild and creative guesses but in anticipation of our Black Friday 2020 Flash Pre-order, coming this Friday, we think we need to kill the rumors and unveil the truth.

VSU = Vinegar Syndrome Ultra...as in UHD. Each VSU release will be an extra special edition UHD/Blu-ray combo pack, beginning with an internationally beloved early 80s, genre blending classic.

So you might be asking yourself "why another sub-label or spin-off?" Well, similar to VSA, these releases will not have a set frequency or yearly quantity. They'll happen as they happen. We have a couple more that we're working on, but no set plans for when they'll drop. However, just as significant, these titles might not 100% gel with the 'deeper cuts' and 'trashier' offerings many VS devotees expect and demand.

We want VSU to be a home for future RAD type titles. We saw an unexpected amount of diversity in responses to that release, ranging from excitement, to confusion, to disappointment. And we get it. Over our 8 years, VS has morphed and evolved to satisfy audience demands, while also trying to stay true to our original intention of being a home for genre films of all types (as long as they were shot on film) that were at the risk of being overlooked, forgotten, and lost, or that we simply decided needed love that they wouldn't get elsewhere. But not every film is for everyone. VSU titles are not, for the most part, going to be focused on sex and violence, which is not to say they won't include it. They're not necessarily going to be 'art' films or 'mainstream' movies either, but instead films that straddle and bend those lines a bit more than what's come to be expected with VS titles.

For subscribers (Yearly and those who picked up a Halfway package), the inaugural VSU release WILL BE INCLUDED in your subscription (and no matter what you thought of RAD, the pedigree(s) on this one should have you smiling from ear-to-ear). Future VSU titles, whenever they might emerge, will not be included in future packages but subscribers will receive exclusive discount codes (as with VSA) if they choose to pick any up.

In just under 24 hours, our Black Friday 2020 Flash Pre-order event will be live! You'll be able to secure your copies of ALL 5 of our November VS releases so you can sleep in on Black Friday morning.

It begins tomorrow the 25th at 10am EST and goes ’till Sunday at 11:59pm EST.

Only at www.VinegarSyndrome.com.

We’ll be unveiling two of our November titles, one our very first VSU and the other a long unavailable on disc early 80s slasher! We’ll also be giving a bit more info on our November Box Set!”"

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th September 2020 02:12 PM

The Beastmaster 4K [emoji1786][emoji1786]

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th September 2020 02:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 227987Attachment 227986

Justin101 25th September 2020 02:34 PM

Nice,
I've been spending too much money lately though so I won't be importing anything from the US just for the moment. Hopefully Strange Vice will get some copies in later in the year!

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th September 2020 06:43 PM

With buying far too much already, i've had to sell a couple of things to cover the price of The Beastmaster.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th September 2020 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah Beastmaster and this....one of the best of the eighties.:clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st October 2020 07:33 PM

Wonder what the mystery titles are this year.....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th October 2020 01:16 PM

Hopefully the October goodies are shipping soon.

I watched Grave Robbers recently and it was very entertaining for a Mexican slasher/monster hybrid!

Looking forward to more similar stuff!

Rob4 29th October 2020 02:12 PM

Think I'll have a go with the VS sale this year. Anyone know when it starts?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd November 2020 05:09 PM

Black Friday I'm sure.