Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Vinegar Syndrome (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9658-vinegar-syndrome.html)

Susan Foreman 28th May 2021 08:50 AM

'Nightmare Weekend' (1985) - Blu-ray available from Vinegar Syndrome direct - $19.99

"This special limited edition embossed and silver foil slipcover (designed by Earl Kessler Jr.) is limited to 3,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!

A brilliant computer scientist has just finished work on his greatest creation: a super computer with the ability to transform the personalities of bad and disobedient people. In anticipation of sharing his work with the scientific community, the scientist invites a fellow expert to test the machine on a group of debauched young women. Little does he know that his colleague intends to use the computer to turn their subjects into bloodthirsty mutants!

Made by a French crew in Florida, NIGHTMARE WEEKEND is a non-stop assault on the senses. Head explosions, gratuitous nudity and softcore sex, bikers, roller-skating, and a telepathic hand puppet named George rank NIGHTMARE WEEKEND among the weirdest and most jaw droppingly absurd horror films of the 1980s. Long available only in low quality transfers of the R rated version, Vinegar Syndrome presents this forgotten trash masterpiece fully uncut and in widescreen, on Blu-ray for the first time!"

Special features and specs:
  • Region Free Blu-ray
  • Restored in 2k from 35mm internegative
  • "THANK GOD IT'S MONDAY" - Surviving Nightmare Weekend with Dean Gates (23min)
  • "KILLER WEEKEND" - An Interview with Marc Gottlieb (13min)
  • Alternate R rated edits
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Reversible artwork
  • English SDH subtitle
  • Director: Henri Sala
  • Actors: Dale Midkiff, Preston Maybank, Andrea Thompson, Debbie Laster
  • 86 min
  • Color
  • 1.85:1

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th May 2021 11:02 AM

A wee bit disappointing.
However,ordered the Scanner Cop set,Televised terror set and Alley Cat.

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th May 2021 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 653274)
A wee bit disappointing.

However,ordered the Scanner Cop set,Televised terror set and Alley Cat.

Ordered the Scanner Cop set as well. Not sure why they've decided to call the 2nd one Scanner Cop II: The Showdown on the cover (I believe that was the German title) as the film says Scanner Cop II: Volkin's Revenge. Awesome artwork though.

Attachment 233612Attachment 233611

Susan Foreman 2nd June 2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 651215)
Fun City Editions released through Vinegar Syndrome

'Walking The Edge' (1983) - Pre-order available from Vinegar Syndrome direct

"“We have noticed a dropped frame at 07:34 on the Fun City Editions release of WALKING THE EDGE. This was an issue inherent in the authoring process and, as such, we will be issuing replacement discs. This will also allow us to correct the missing English SDH track. If you have already purchased WALKING THE EDGE, you don't need to do anything. Replacement discs will automatically ship once they arrive. We appreciate your understanding and patience. Thank you!"

Trashforcash 13th June 2021 05:05 PM

Has anybody received their Vin Syn halfway to black friday sale order yet? I know they said 3 weeks, but just checking... still have unfounded doubts it will turn up at all and I'm desperate to watch NightBeast.

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th June 2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashforcash (Post 654219)
Has anybody received their Vin Syn halfway to black friday sale order yet? I know they said 3 weeks, but just checking... still have unfounded doubts it will turn up at all and I'm desperate to watch NightBeast.

I only ordered the Scanner Cop set, but it's not been sent yet.

Graveyard 13th June 2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashforcash (Post 654219)

I order three times from VS during the sales, they always take a little to sent it out - but as soon is dispatched its very quick.

Btw I'm still waiting for mine too :nod:

Rob4 13th June 2021 06:57 PM

They sometimes take a month to clear sale items and subscribers are given priority. I haven't got mine either but I'm not worried.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th June 2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 654220)
I only ordered the Scanner Cop set, but it's not been sent yet.

Sent today [emoji846]

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th June 2021 06:18 PM

Still feck all sent.:rolleyes: